Buy UltraSkin Layered Cue Tips

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Black Pro would cover that? Input, thoughts?

Click on Blue link to order Mix and Match UltraSk
I am confused Tom. I went to your website and read your comments about durometer testing. It says the black pro is far softer than the black medium. So how could that play like a medium hard? The black medium is rated at 72.1 while the black pro is far softer..

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am confused Tom. I went to your website and read your comments about durometer testing. It says the black pro is far softer than the black medium. So how could that play like a medium hard? The black medium is rated at 72.1 while the black pro is far softer..
I am glad you asked. The durometer test you write of is an ASTM Test. The test itself calls for it to be done a certain amount of MM from any edge. The Cue tip is 14 MM so according to the ASTM testing there is no way to measure. The ASTM test also states the test can not be preformed on anything over 3 layers so again it would make the test not to ASTM standards. The test is mainly focused on leather, plastics and rubber. Plastics and rubber are man made from chemicals, the Pig Skin comes from nature, so to speak and will not always be 100% the same. This means if the other test could be done somehow to the ASTM Testing standards each and every tip would need to be measured and your tip would be penetrated. I did help a local Cue Maker design a machine that covers, hardness, sound of hit and the rebound from the tip being hit a cue ball. To the best of my knowledge he has never applied for ASTM standards. For 12 years I have offered the Cue Repair and Cue Makers a 100% money back guarantee as long as they return all the tips but one. You find a Tip that works for you and that becomes the Tip you use, Does not have to be one of mine, Play Pool and enjoy.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shipping only in USA

All Tips can be Mix and Matched

The BLACK comes in PRO, VS, SOFT, MEDIUM, HARD and HH

The IVORY come in SOFT, MEDIUM and HARD.

The FIRE comes in SOFT, MEDIUM and HARD

Please scroll on Web Site Page for discounts, 25 and more

Click on blue link ------------
to order Mix and Match UltraSkins