C J's Adventures on The Road - Road Player to Pro Player

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I describe one of the greatest secrets on pool....pay attention!!

C J posted this today on FB so if you guys are interested in more of his stories, here it is.

"The transition from Road Player to Professional Tournaments was challenging, I had to make some changes - this story is how and why these changes led to my full potential"

CJ Wiley

https://www.facebook.com/CJ.WILEY7/videos/3449415151751163/?t=23

"

I appreciate that you enjoy my videos, Ive had several people ask me why I don't post on AZ billiards and actually I have no reason......so I'm BACK;;

Last edited:

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate that you enjoy my videos, Ive had several people ask me why I don't post on AZ billiards and actually I have now reason......so I'm BACK;;

Heck yeah CJ !You are back and making it happen !! Out there where you belong just running around playing pool and helping others ... Where you headed next ?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate that you enjoy my videos, Ive had several people ask me why I don't post on AZ billiards and actually I have now reason......so I'm BACK;;
I agree. Welcome back.
CJ, your stories and information have always been welcomed here by me.
The more, the better.
Maybe you can help me locate something on YouTube. It is an old match between you and Mizerak and as well as I can recall, Dave Bollman and Buddy Hall are commentating.
There is one shot where you're shooting the 8 and you have to draw full table and back up again to get shape on the 9. (Mizerak is shaking his head like "what the hell kind of buzzsaw have I walked into here"). You had the long hair back then.
I can't find that thing on Youtube to save my life. I used to watch it a lot.
Do you know how to locate it?
Thanks, my man..

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
On the Road to Louisiana

Heck yeah CJ !You are back and making it happen !! Out there where you belong just running around playing pool and helping others ... Where you headed next ?

I'm heading to Louisiana today, maybe check out the West Monroe one pocket action this weekend.

There's a few people in Louisiana that's been wanting to train with me and get some private lessons so that will be my priority. If you know anyone in Louisiana that wants on my schedule have them contact me cjwiley@cjwiley.com

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Any chance this video can be posted here for we who refuse to facebook?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Any chance this video can be posted here for we who refuse to facebook?

The link should play for you....post #1.....it plays on my IPad.
...some guys know how to handle their FB account....thanx, CJ
...now if you could explain it to UpState Al.....

Lots of business FB accounts allow you to access them...so when you can’t read them...
...I assume they lack savvy....why would they want to limit their exposure?

Maybe it’s something I don’t understand...like privacy....but that’s personal, not biz

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome back!

I had my first lesson ever (after playing like 25 years) with CJ Thursday night. It was great, already seeing improvements with the new stance. Lots of practicing to do!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Omaha Nebraska

Any plans to roll back through Omaha again?

I like visiting Omaha once a year at least, still have some good friends there.

Why are you asking, were you wanting to get some lessons next time I'm in the area?

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Building a $trong Foundation

Welcome back!

I had my first lesson ever (after playing like 25 years) with CJ Thursday night. It was great, already seeing improvements with the new stance. Lots of practicing to do!

The stance and footwork are the foundation of everyone's game. The majority of players are looking for the "secrets" above the table and they are actually below the playing surface.....once the stance and aiming position is perfected the game gets MUCH easier!

Keep it up bud, it takes 2-3 weeks to completely download and become natural.

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ mentioned once or twice while on the road he didn't take a loss for 3 consecutive years. Maybe CJ can make a road video on this topic. Like Cj's age at the time, how much money are we talking and who ended up breaking the streak. I heard alot of these stories once or twice. I'm ready for the second edition.

Last edited:

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about the time they flew you into Vegas to rob Segal. All the stories are fascinating.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great stories CJ, thanks for sharing them with us. Are you still coming through Birmingham for the 2 day instructional deal?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate that you enjoy my videos, Ive had several people ask me why I don't post on AZ billiards and actually I have no reason......so I'm BACK;;

very cool to see you on here, back when pool was booming a little more, (as in televised events) you were one of my favorite players. I don't do the Facebook, so miss much of the pool stuff from there.