California History

kokopuffs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know what happened this week back in 1850, in California?

California became a state.
The State had no electricity.
The State had no money.
Almost everyone spoke Spanish.
There were gun fights in the streets.

So basically, it was just like California today except the women had real breasts and men didn't hold hands.

stolz2

Kid Mack
Silver Member
kokopuffs said:

The State had no money.

So basically, it was just like California today except the women had real breasts and men didn't hold hands.

That was funny, but we still have never had a history of F#$@*&% our sisters, which the south is known for. :eek:

Anyone down there have a "grumple"?

Mack

T

Timberly

stolz2 said:
That was funny, but we still have never had a history of F#$@*&% our sisters, which the south is known for. :eek:

Anyone down there have a "grumple"?

Mack
I believe the history you're speaking of is the relationship between cousins. It is my understanding that it was acceptable for 1st cousins to have relations back in the day. Not siblings. ;)

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
kokopuffs said:

The State had no money.

Was this supposed to be a joke? :confused:

stolz2

Kid Mack
Silver Member
Timberly said:
I believe the history you're speaking of is the relationship between cousins. It is my understanding that it was acceptable for 1st cousins to have relations back in the day. Not siblings. ;)

I wasn't sure exactly how it worked out, but i knew it was "kept in the family".

Mack

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:

Eleanor Roosevelt was the niece of Teddy Roosevelt, and a cousin to Franklin Roosevelt her husband.

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:

As long as they were over 12..............:D

LastTwo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kokopuffs said:

The State had no money.

Shouldn't this be in NPR?

I think most people who hate Californians are just jealous because they don't live here. We've got the most beautiful women, the best weather, the most diversity (even more than NYC), and the best food as a result of all the diversity.

And where did you get the notion that the state has no money? Supposedly California's economy is better than most countries in the world.

kokopuffs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm originally from California and I thought that the posting was funny. And I believe that it's okay to knock that state as long as the writer has lived there for a substantial number of years.

I really hate it when slimeballs from the east knock that state without ever having lived there. And it's out of state types such as Charles Manson that have given that state its reputation.

stolz2

Kid Mack
Silver Member
kokopuffs said:
I'm originally from California and I thought that the posting was funny. And I believe that it's okay to knock that state as long as the writer has lived there for a substantial number of years.

I really hate it when slimeballs from the east knock that state without ever having lived there. And it's out of state types such as Charles Manson that have given that state its reputation.

I took it as a joke. I have only lived here for 5 years, you gotta take some bad with the good but in all its really hard to beat California. I read one time that if California was its own nation, that it would be one of the top 10 wealthiest. Which is exactly why i moved here. $$$ :D

Mack

kokopuffs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand your point of view and there is some real beauty in the eastern California desert which is where I'm from. I also surfed Huntington and Seal Beaches and hung out in Bolinas a lot, too. Beautiful territory. Too bad that it's all been taken over by outsiders. Welcome to California. NOW GET THE **** OUT - especially the east coast types with frizzy hair and wire rimmed glasses who belong to the Sierra Club. A bunch of pussys, all of 'em.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Next Great Quake

On this day in 2012, a 8.4 Earthquake struck California on the San Andreas Fault. A crack erupted from Bay of California thru the Imperial and San Joaquin Valley to the San Francisco Bay area. A large portion of western California was dislodged forming an island 1,000 miles long and 50-100 miles wide.

This is now known as Bajaja Califonia, replacing the previous peninsula known as Baja California. New coastal communities are Palm Springs, Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto and Sacramento.

And the price of gas went up to $10 a gallon.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
The news yesterday predicted that gas in Norway is going to go from 6.50 a gallon to over 8 dollars a gallon THIS SUMMER.

Bolinas, 'eh, Kokopuffs? People used to go there to buy rare mushrooms but now its mainly tourist shops and hippies. One of those places where some girls go topless on the beach but might have hairy legs.

kokopuffs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but I scrutinized really beautiful naked well-educated females on the beach practising their bellydancing during weekday afternoons - as an added enhancement to observing the seal migration.

Sorry but don't partake in the purchase or consumption of rare mushrooms and I try to avoid many of the locals who are either trust fund hippies (read: spoiled no-nothings) or old acid heads whose brain took off to places unknown.

On occasion at Bolinas beach I did converse with Richard Brautigan (sp?) who wrote, I think, TROUT FISHING IN AMERICA.

Places like Bolinas and the surrounding cliffs make ownership of a van worthwhile. I mean, after a night spent on some pull-out, look what awaits for the owner upon emerging from the vehicle the next morning. The vast panorama overlooking the Pacific Ocean. THAT, I miss.

Last edited: