California pool rooms?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Underground? Speak easy?

PM me.

Gavin is being a hardass. Impossible criteria.

It's based on county virus rates. Santa Clara County, where California Billiards is, just dropped to Orange tier. Next step down will allow indoor pool rooms at limited capacity

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I keep fingers crossed.
Exactly. So San Mateo County Pool Halls are open with Mask Wearing and enforced Social Distance. Try the Great Entertainer in San Mateo if you are looking. I believe Town and Country in Daly City is now open too.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't anticipate Cali pool rooms to be open until March. That way I will ne happy whenever it happens

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
pool rooms are on thin ice anyway and should not be closed unless all similar situations of people being close in an establishment are also closed.

if any bars are open or a food place where any person in it gets within 6 feet of another even family members then closing that would be justified. if closing pool rooms.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
pool rooms are on thin ice anyway and should not be closed unless all similar situations of people being close in an establishment are also closed.

if any bars are open or a food place where any person in it gets within 6 feet of another even family members then closing that would be justified. if closing pool rooms.

Bars in Santa Clara County just got the green light today to operate outdoors. In the next phase, indoor operation will be permitted with limited capacity. At that point, pool rooms will also open with limited capacity.

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure where you're located, but if you're looking to play some I have a table. I'm in the East Bay (Brentwood)

If you happen to be closer to Hard Times, Oscar said he's going to have an "invite only" event sometime in November as they're not open to the public now. You just need to go to his Facebook page and ask for an invite.

I heard a couple rooms are open up in Placer County? Either way, good luck finding a place to play and if you find something be sure and come back and let us know!

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cal Billiards is technically open now, but I don't think they're advertising it yet.
The two places in Sunnyvale opened a few days ago.
Edgies in Milpitas opened today.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Cal Billiards is technically open now, but I don't think they're advertising it yet.
The two places in Sunnyvale opened a few days ago.
Edgies in Milpitas opened today.

That means they could open under the Orange status

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooter's in Hemet is open and probably the one in Riverside as well. The room in Hemet opens at 5PM and say they are going to start opening at noon on Sundays.

The only problem is that the numbers are changing on the Covid and the County may have to go up to the next level and the rooms as well as other businesses have to reclose. Will know on Tuesday.

I haven't hit a ball in over 7 months.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crown billiards in San Ramon posted on Facebook
That they are open. Not sure about restrictions, etc...

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not even sure what pool rooms are classified as in California.

Are they a bar or an amusement like theaters?

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told that at least in Santa Clara county, opening a new hall is particularly difficult because with respect to zoning, they are equivalent to opening a strip bar.

So I guess that means, bar, and not amusement. Or maybe both? :D

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
California is like a big ship with broken rudder, going full speed ahead, going in no spicific direction, just moving on an erratic course to no where.

Their Governor Gavin Nuesome, is kin Foke to the Wicked Witch - Speaker of the U.S. House of Represntative, Auntie Naney Pelosi.

So you see the problem with the states mismanagement, two goons who work hard complies hing nothing but kayoss.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Diamond Billiards in Modesto have not sold their tables......In fact they just remodeled the whole pool room.....They are hoping to open in Nov.....

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's based on county virus rates. Santa Clara County, where California Billiards is, just dropped to Orange tier. Next step down will allow indoor pool rooms at limited capacity
California Billiards is located in Fremont, which is Alameda County.

Are they open still with the December lockdowns imposed in Cali?

Their website says:

WE ARE OPEN!​

New Hours:​

Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 11:00pm​

Saturday - Sunday 11:30am - 11pm​

CLOSED Thursday 26th for Thanksgiving

Masks required, temp checks at the door, other safety measures in place. Please visit and stay safe!​

Is this still the case?