Calling all pro speed players

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, that’s pretty cool. Finally got a little shout-out from someone.
So what does it tell you, one stroke?
Do tell...
Z
Tells me you have put your time in at the table no one looks to bet 14-1 unless they have good knowledge of the game and that does not happen over night

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it gives you some cred and 14-1 as a choice of game tells me something also .

I was thinking same thing. No matter though, it is starting to feel like beating a dead horse.

^^^^^^Meaning I've heard all I need to hear. Just let me know when the match is scheduled and I will be first in line.

I really hope this match happens. I'm curious to see boogies game. Not to mention, the lady from China is worth watching "no matter" who her challenger may be.

And as Jay said, "Boogie" is an entertaining person so that should make the match even more watchable for most.

Rake

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking same thing. No matter though, it is starting to feel like beating a dead horse.

^^^^^^Meaning I've heard all I need to hear. Just let me know when the match is scheduled and I will be first in line.

I really hope this match happens. I'm curious to see boogies game. Not to mention, the lady from China is worth watching "no matter" who her challenger may be.

And as Jay said, "Boogie" is an entertaining person so that should make the match even more watchable for most.

Rake
I question him early in the thread but I give credit when its duo

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Rake

Just to be clear (I guess I have to spill a few beans here): my day job is as a performer. I’m NOT my job however.
Don’t expect me to be jumping around the pool table and/or talking like canary while I shoot.
I’m looking forward to seeing Simings game too!

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to be clear (I guess I have to spill a few beans here): my day job is as a performer. I’m NOT my job however.
Don’t expect me to be jumping around the pool table and/or talking like canary while I shoot.

I just want to know what kind of day job has you talking like a canary. :)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just want to know what kind of day job has you talking like a canary. :)
Just a guess....

orioles_mascot.jpg

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LOL

I did not expect you to show up in a clown suit or anything.

Having said that, from what I've gathered in this thread (from you, how you write and willingness to bark, woof..etc..etc..) I kind of thought of the "the pearl" type presence as far as demanding attention and getting it one way or another.

To that end, just like with a great like Earl.......sometimes demanding that much attention is a good thing but sometimes, on the other hand, even with the great Earl, it can bite and bite hard.........so,.....you/me/we just never know how we look till we get our picture took.

Rake

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
So that's what you have been doing just trying to make him mad so he will bet more?
You sly old pool hustler you. Telling him has no chance. no heart, is delusional and
on and on. That's the same old tired line every knocker uses when they caught
knocking someones game. "oh no I wasn't knocking the game I was just trying to
get him mad so he would bet more" PLEASE
meant for jasonlaus
jack

He doesn't have any more $$$ to bet, so nice try there.

If you want to bet on him, you got action.

Let's see where you're at now
Jason

Btw, ain't nobody knockin nothing, quit trying to talk like this is the 70's, it's not!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Tells me you have put your time in at the table no one looks to bet 14-1 unless they have good knowledge of the game and that does not happen over night

Where did it say he was gambling on 14.1?

People all over the world bet on games they're not any good at, playing that game doesn't make him "good". Hell, I like 3 cushion, doesn't make me good at it, league players love 8 ball, only a very small % are any good at it.

In my experience, people who play fringe games generally aren't any good at the "normal" games
Jason

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello

He doesn't have any more $$$ to bet, so nice try there.

If you want to bet on him, you got action.

Let's see where you're at now
J

Everyone knows he has no more money to bet. That's why that's that's such a BS
answer for all the crap that's been thrown at him. I never said I like either end.
It's not my business how they play. If they do he should be a least a 20 to! 1 dog
and over under 20 or so according to the pool detectives so I will just wait and
see.
jack

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my guess. He's the guy on the left.

View attachment 493027

WC Fields for the young'ns. He probably was a very good player as his hand eye was in the top 1%.

At one point he held the world record for the highest number of things juggled-I believe it was 11. I could juggle three pretty well when i was "in stroke' but any attempts at 4 instantly failed.

Last edited:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where did it say he was gambling on 14.1?

People all over the world bet on games they're not any good at, playing that game doesn't make him "good". Hell, I like 3 cushion, doesn't make me good at it, league players love 8 ball, only a very small % are any good at it.

In my experience, people who play fringe games generally aren't any good at the "normal" games
Jason

Jason, how dare you imply 14.1 is a "fringe" game. LOL
Actually, it's too bad it has become that way over the past years, what with fewer 14.1 tournaments of which to speak.

But that hasn't discouraged me from studying and practicing 14.1 over the years.
I have gleaned tons of valuable pool knowledge from doing so.

IMO, I rate a pool player's knowledge-base not on their ability to run racks in 9- or 10-ball ("normal games"), but on their 14.1 (and 8-ball) acumen.

Unfortunately, we have a whole generation of pool players that are missing out on some valuable stuff in 14.1 that can be transferred to the rotation games.

Knowledge is power, folks.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
WC Fields for the young'ns. He probably was a very good player as his hand eye was in the top 1%.

At one point the held the world record for the highest number of things juggled-I believe it was 11. I could juggle three pretty well when i was "in stroke' but any attempts at 4 instantly failed.

From what I've found, he could flat out PLAY. Supposedly made his living at it for years when he was coming up as a performer.

There are some AMAZING videos on YT of him juggling. He was supremely talented.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
From what I've found, he could flat out PLAY. Supposedly made his living at it for years when he was coming up as a performer.

There are some AMAZING videos on YT of him juggling. He was supremely talented.

Field's could play! You are correct about that. He did a lot of gambling at pool as a youngster before he became a well known entertainer. There is a recorded interview where he talks about going into poolrooms while he was on the road and gambling. He was known to have bank accounts in many cities just so he had access to money wherever he went. Quite a guy that W.C.! :thumbup:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Field's could play! You are correct about that. He did a lot of gambling at pool as a youngster before he became a well known entertainer. There is a recorded interview where he talks about going into poolrooms while he was on the road and gambling. He was known to have bank accounts in many cities just so he had access to money wherever he went. Quite a guy that W.C.! :thumbup:

He opened all those accounts under different and usually silly names from what i heard and forgot about many of them.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

One of my early heroes when I was a kid, Mr. Helfert!

"Why for two cents, or even a penny, I'd kick yer teeth down yer throat you little bas***d. Ya bother me kid... go play in the traffic."

:grin: