Can anyone identify the cue on the left with the white collars???

RailKing85

1669474410062.png

Thanks in advance, and have an awesome saturday!

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You clearly seem to find value in it, which is what ultimately matters… for you.
Doesn’t change the fact that it’s a cheap, poorly made import that has no sales value - except to someone that values it as you do.
You can accept that now, or you can watch concurring opinions posted all day. Sorry.
But… If you enjoy it, then just enjoy it. You don’t need permission for that.

Last edited:

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Would be a good cue for a road player. Would give the appearance of a total newbie.
I remember in the '80s a player that would Fargorate above 700 now, that traveled with a $15 Budweiser cue in a vinyl envelope case. Not what he used to beat The Hat when he came through the northwest.

xX-Wizard-Xx

Would be a good cue for a road player. Would give the appearance of a total newbie.
I remember in the '80s a player that would Fargorate above 700 now, that traveled with a $15 Budweiser cue in a vinyl envelope case. Not what he used to beat The Hat when he came through the northwest.
Bugs Rucker didnt even own a cue .... he played with whatever he could find. A cue doesnt make the player

RailKing85

You clearly seem to find value in it, which is what ultimately matters… for you.
Doesn’t change the fact that it’s a cheap, poorly made import that has no sales value - except to someone that values it as you do.
You can accept that now, or you can watch concurring opinions posted all day. Sorry.
But… If you enjoy it, then just enjoy it. You don’t need permission for that.
I don't own it. It is listed on Facebook market place. I don't "value" it. I just thought it looked unique compared to what you see now. Lol definitely not looking for any validation or permission here. Just generating some conversation about a cue I saw listed on FB.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Growing up in a military family, my dad brought home a few of these cues and if I recall correctly most had screw in tips. If you broke with them the workmanship (or lack thereof) would breakdown. I remember loading one up with as many weights as would fit and exploding the tip with a super hard break. Fun times on the old gold crowns at the Air Base Youth Center.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't own it. It is listed on Facebook market place. I don't "value" it. I just thought it looked unique compared to what you see now. Lol definitely not looking for any validation or permission here. Just generating some conversation about a cue I saw listed on FB.
All jokes aside they were fairly common in the 70’s. They are very inexpensive Asian Ramin wood cues. Some had lots of carving-some less. They were poorly constructed as far as cue “standards” are concerned. But yes some do look cool. I never played with one that hit very well. But for decor or something cool to have they weren’t expensive and some do look good.

I’m guessing but they seemed to have maybe peaked in production in the 70’s or 80’s as I haven’t seen new ones for sale in forever. They were common at swap meets in the 70’s-I was a kid and remember them there and some big box retailers had the carved cues as well.

Best I can recall.

Fatboy😃

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Years ago Ed Young told me he put together a beer themed cue for a good player. I never found out who that player was.