Carbon Fiber Shafts should be Banned

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Want jump cues? Why not a new game where jumping is required for all shots? Jumping cue balls isn't pool, right Earl?
This is the best way to learn a new jump cue. Jump on all shots, even if it's just a straight in. It gets you tuned in real quick.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I play with a 314 shaft. With a water Buffalo tip, and now with this Techno-dud, I can jump decently with my full cue. I can’t hop a whole ball though... at least not yet.

I’ve smoked a few half (or less) ball jumps playing BB 8 ball the past few weeks. Knowing you have that option makes it easier to play for tight window shape and opens some doors.

For some reason I feel like the jump cue should only be used in nine ball. I see that as normal, but if someone pulls one out in 8ball or any other game (1P...can you imagine? 🤢🤮) it just seems so out of place.

My cynergy shaft with a hard tip seems to jump better than the 314 but I don’t like the feel for regular shots. I’m sure there’s a shaft out there somewhere that is perfect for me...I must needs find it before it is too late.

Imagine Neil Robertson being left snookered behind the green. He walks to the table and assesses, he shakes his head, he walks back to his chair and pulls from his case a carbon fiber jump cue. He screws it together, then unscrews a 6” section from the butt. He approaches the table and lines up, jacks his arm way up and powers down onto that miniature cue ball that they use. With a bang the white flies into the air and lands a few feet in front of the reds, bounces a few times, then crashes into them in an uncontrolled and noisy manner. It just doesn’t seem right, almost as if a S assault had occurred in front of the audience.

What am I on about? Idk. I’m just digesting my breakfast and working on a Marlboro red. Coffee in hand

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This is the best way to learn a new jump cue. Jump on all shots, even if it's just a straight in. It gets you tuned in real quick.
Your post is valid, if you want to become proficient with Cue Bridge, shoot five of six rack with the Bridge to learn proficiency.

BCAPL has a rule book, I understand the reason behind some of rules, question others.

Don’t like their rules? Do do BCAPL EVENTS.

John Hager made great extension for Cues, not made no more. Should it be banned because everyone can not have one? Think
Not!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well we need be more tolerant, and respect one another. Pool players need work in one direction, not spent time chastising other players.

Friend just got new C/F shan’t from local guy, put the new shaft on Big 5 special 25 buck Cue. Guy is all smiles, and loves new setup.

stunshotDAVE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a 314 shaft. With a water Buffalo tip, and now with this Techno-dud, I can jump decently with my full cue. I can’t hop a whole ball though... at least not yet.

I’ve smoked a few half (or less) ball jumps playing BB 8 ball the past few weeks. Knowing you have that option makes it easier to play for tight window shape and opens some doors.

For some reason I feel like the jump cue should only be used in nine ball. I see that as normal, but if someone pulls one out in 8ball or any other game (1P...can you imagine? 🤢🤮) it just seems so out of place.

My cynergy shaft with a hard tip seems to jump better than the 314 but I don’t like the feel for regular shots. I’m sure there’s a shaft out there somewhere that is perfect for me...I must needs find it before it is too late.

Imagine Neil Robertson being left snookered behind the green. He walks to the table and assesses, he shakes his head, he walks back to his chair and pulls from his case a carbon fiber jump cue. He screws it together, then unscrews a 6” section from the butt. He approaches the table and lines up, jacks his arm way up and powers down onto that miniature cue ball that they use. With a bang the white flies into the air and lands a few feet in front of the reds, bounces a few times, then crashes into them in an uncontrolled and noisy manner. It just doesn’t seem right, almost as if a S assault had occurred in front of the audience.

What am I on about? Idk. I’m just digesting my breakfast and working on a Marlboro red. Coffee in hand
he would be fouled for causing the cue ball to jump off the surface.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling name is your stock and trade. You pretend to have knowledge of Pool in Arizona.

Have you lived in Valley of Sun almost 25 years think not.

So you can not speak from personal experience. About thing you never expirrenced?

Your listing to people who might know, or might not know.

I never comment about what I call East Side of Valley as one place over there I have actual been in were Main Street,or Kolby’s years ago. Sure both places are different today, can’t say why but 7 - 10 places change.

Take a chill pill.💡
WTF does any of that have to do with the post you quoted? You call people "asshat" several times a day. Please explain. Educate me with your wisdom.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
WTF does any of that have to do with the post you quoted? You call people "asshat" several times a day. Please explain. Educate me with your wisdom.

Be respectful, and you might get answer. Be like your are you get zero info.

Your newbee in Valley of Sun.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be respectful, and you might get answer. Be like your are you get zero info.

Your newbee in Valley of Sun.
Just because you’ve lived here longer than me doesn’t mean you know more about the pool scene than I do. Stop living in the past. You cry all the time about all the old bars and pool rooms that have closed, why don’t you actually get off your butt and go support some of the pool rooms that are still open? Is it because they mostly have Diamond tables which you think are 🐂:poop:?

And if you want people to be respectful, try showing a little respect yourself.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Well we need be more tolerant, and respect one another. Pool players need work in one direction, not spent time chastising other players.

You don't seem to tolerate or respect anyone here!
1652023535296.jpeg

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Just because you’ve lived here longer than me doesn’t mean you know more about the pool scene than I do. Stop living in the past. You cry all the time about all the old bars and pool rooms that have closed, why don’t you actually get off your butt and go support some of the pool rooms that are still open? Is it because they mostly have Diamond tables which you think are 🐂:poop:?

And if you want people to be respectful, try showing a little respect yourself.

I am not living it past I am just trying to educate a Johnny Come Lately about Valley of Sun Pool History. Do you get history is the reason we are where we are today?

I do not like Diamond Tables, because they do not Bank or Play like my favorites, Gold Crowns, and Valleys. My right to have a preference like Popeye's Chicken over KFC. GTW that Chicken.

Pool Rooms, or Bars with Pool tables open today are not my favorite charity. You support then if you love em. I like USVets, and MANA House they are my favorite charities.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not living it past I am just trying to educate a Johnny Come Lately about Valley of Sun Pool History. Do you get history is the reason we are where we are today?

I do not like Diamond Tables, because they do not Bank or Play like my favorites, Gold Crowns, and Valleys. My right to have a preference like Popeye's Chicken over KFC. GTW that Chicken.

Pool Rooms, or Bars with Pool tables open today are not my favorite charity. You support then if you love em. I like USVets, and MANA House they are my favorite charities.
Very informative. Thanks!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other day I got a chance to shoot with one of these pieces of crap, and all I can say is: UGLY.

I always knew that they looked ugly, but they also sound truly awful. My pool-loving soul recoiled at the very first impact of the cue against the cue ball, and that horrendous hollow "plink" sound.

Carbon fiber shafts and phenolic break tips are the aluminum baseball bats of pool - sure, they perform well, but they look like crap, they sound like crap, and they are a sign of everything wrong with billiards in America.

In England they have respect for tradition, and great snooker players make a lot of $$$ using snooker cues made out of real wood - no gimmicks, no B.S., no eyesores, and no plinking pieces of carbon fiber garbage.

I'd rather shoot with a broomstick than with a carbon fiber shaft.

Carbon fiber shafts should be banned from every money game - agree or disagree?
If you want to ban something ..... ban barbox 9 ball and jump cues.

On top of that, set an industry standard for table and pocket size, cloth etc.... but, let people play with whatever cue they choose to as long as it doesn't break current weight and length rules.

pacain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ban 9 ball ? How about banning the most worthless billiard game around ? 8 ball ! And better yet ,ban 8 ball on 7 footers. 9' & 10' only.

pacain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And for WIW, some pool halls , & tourneys played at various arenas , have banned jump cues due to the dimpling of the slate.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ban 9 ball ? How about banning the most worthless billiard game around ? 8 ball ! And better yet ,ban 8 ball on 7 footers. 9' & 10' only.
IMO, pretty much any game is OK if played on big tables.

8 ball is about the only game I consider good for a barbox, due to congestion.

Anyone that knows me knows that I despise a barbox and jump cues.

Listening to me talk one would think I could play a little.... lol .... but truth be told I can't run 3 balls with bih.

I just enjoy watching good pool on big tables.

It never hurts to wish things were perfect.