Carhartt Ultimate Rugged

DEXTER

Runde fan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Carhartt donated the material to me, along with some logos. John Barton did a great job hand making the leather logo on the front. What do you think. One 3x5 and a smaller 1x2.

16442878_10210218567932063_1269963350_o%201_zpsyincokrj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

16442917_10210218567612055_2137410222_o_zpsna34q5ul.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WIN_20170220_142749_zpswleo1lsd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is one of the coolest cases that I've seen! It ought to last forever.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes me want a black leather one with this label:

schott-perfecto-label.jpg

And of course the appropriate hardware to go with it.

Or maybe this one:

Langlitz_60s_5_670.jpg

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool stuff

How did you talk them into donating?

I love my Carharrt jackets and shirts. I think these are very cool.

DEXTER

Runde fan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Carhartt

How did you talk them into donating?

I love my Carharrt jackets and shirts. I think these are very cool.

I got invited to a after hours open house at the new Carhartt store in Detroit. Carhartt world head quarters is a few miles away in Dearborn.
My intentions were to buy something like their blanket, just to get the material to make a case. A gentleman came up to me and struck up a conversation. I told him of my intentions. He said "you don't have to do that, we'll give you the material". Maybe a week later I had the material and a handful of logos sent to me. I'm sold on Carhartt ever since I bought my first one, some 30 years ago.
Oh and I had to promise to send them pictures of the final product.

Last edited:

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes me want a black leather one with this label:

schott-perfecto-label.jpg

And of course the appropriate hardware to go with it.

Or maybe this one:

Langlitz_60s_5_670.jpg

I have 20lbs of Langlitz leather scrap leather. It would be a patchwork case, but I've got enough if your interested.

Patrick.

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
That is friggin sweet. Love them both. Looks like he should go to carhart and make a deal with them.

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Excellent example of form follows function. Super tough and looks very nice. Cases are sweet! Matt D.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got invited to a after hours open house at the new Carhartt store in Detroit. Carhartt world head quarters is a few miles away in Dearborn.
My intentions were to buy something like their blanket, just to get the material to make a case. A gentleman came up to me and struck up a conversation. I told him of my intentions. He said "you don't have to do that, we'll give you the material". Maybe a week later I had the material and a handful of logos sent to me. I'm sold on Carhartt ever since I bought my first one, some 30 years ago.
Oh and I had to promise to send them pictures of the final product.

I think I need to investigate into having one of these made if I can get the material. This would fit me perfectly.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I need to investigate into having one of these made if I can get the material. This would fit me perfectly.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Carhartt teamed up with JB for a limited run?

Of course, we don't want to diminish the significance of the first two we see here, nor their value....but it would be amazing.

Perhaps any additional cases could be numbered or something so the first ones we see here retain their identity?

Just thinking out loud.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 20lbs of Langlitz leather scrap leather. It would be a patchwork case, but I've got enough if your interested.

Patrick.

That would be really amazing, but would still need the label. And I am not in the position to pull the trigger on having a case made. Digging out from under some financial obligations at the moment.

It is a cool fantasy though. :thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
was a fun project. The Carharrt fabric is TOUGH. We broke some needles on it. Going forward we would definitely need permission from Carharrt to make any more with their logo. We would make them with the material but without the logo UNLESS we had a logo harvested from something Carharrt made.

For these two cases I received the silk interior logos along with the fabric but after studying Carharrt gear I decided that the exterior needed to have the leather logos that Carharrt puts on their gear. So I replicated it and that's what you see.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I actually like harvesting leather from old jackets, boots, clothing, furniture etc.... Got a cool one coming up from an old leather bomber jacket that I bought at Goodwill. I love it when we can use the logos and cool features from the item to make a truly unique case.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually like harvesting leather from old jackets, boots, clothing, furniture etc.... Got a cool one coming up from an old leather bomber jacket that I bought at Goodwill. I love it when we can use the logos and cool features from the item to make a truly unique case.

Got any pics?