Challenge match -- Cubc vs OMGWTF

Cubc vs OMGWTF

• Class-act Cubc will wipe OMGWTF off the table, and that psycho ***** deserves it

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • I have a crush on OMGWTF and I'm confident that she crushes that silly piece of poop

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
CubC iz supposed 2 break N run a lot of racks in this match up. Watch his videos. :p ;)

Brian

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA7 said:
CubC iz supposed 2 break N run a lot of racks in this match up. Watch his videos. :p ;)

Brian

Those videos are old with my arm messed up. I'm much worse now.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA7 said:

Brian

OMGWTF does not have to run.She will put that 9 into the hole on every break.::cool: :D :cool:

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
vagabond said:
u suddenly disappeared ,what happened? Did not see you on sunday for finals.:cool:

That's the famous question I've been asked over and over again:D . Guess nobody will ever know... :cool: :p ;)

I was hung over sunday morning. I hate crowds and ended up going to On Cue to bang balls into the rail:) .

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hilla_hilla said:
That's the famous question I've been asked over and over again:D . Guess nobody will ever know... :cool: :p ;)

I was hung over sunday morning. I hate crowds and ended up going to On Cue to bang balls into the rail:) .

I see,now you are practicing more bank shots.Are u planning on going to derbycity classic to play 9 ball banks?

by the way who won the basketball match between your team and Tang`s ? please say hello to sue.:cool:

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
hilla_hilla said:
She just has to play smart, which she is fully capable of.

Yea, and isn't safety play also her strongest trait?

-- peer

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Does anyone know if anything beyond "the seven" was specifically discussed between the parties in this throwdown? Combo's, no combo's etc?

What's the general rule?

For the record, I've never even pretended to be a gambler. Hope I haven't lost respect with anyone here asking such basic questions. :D

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
vagabond said:
I see,now you are practicing more bank shots.Are u planning on going to derbycity classic to play 9 ball banks?

by the way who won the basketball match between your team and Tang`s ? please say hello to sue.:cool:

We never played basketball, they chickened out:D . They had also noticed that I, "disappeared" but not til 10pm so it had nothing to do with backing out of a basketball game, lol.

I've always wanted to go to Derby even if it was to bang balls into the rail. We will see:) .

Sue says hi back.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Da Poet said:
Does anyone know if anything beyond "the seven" was specifically discussed between the parties in this throwdown? Combo's, no combo's etc?

What's the general rule?

For the record, I've never even pretended to be a gambler. Hope I haven't lost respect with anyone here asking such basic questions. :D
The 7 ball is "wild". This means anytime OMG legally pockets it she wins the game. This includes the break. Caroms, combos or sheer blind luck. As long as it is a legal shot it counts.

If you dont know, you dont know. Only way to learn is to ask.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
JCIN said:
The 7 ball is "wild". This means anytime OMG legally pockets it she wins the game. This includes the break. Caroms, combos or sheer blind luck. As long as it is a legal shot it counts.

If you dont know, you dont know. Only way to learn is to ask.

Cool, so if the eight is the last ball up for OMGWTF, she chooses what's left between the eight or the nine.

However, if she snaps in the eight on the break only, she's still gotta play.

Have I got it?

Anyone can chime in if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

DEAD MONEY G

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
Cool, so if the eight is the last ball up for OMGWTF, she chooses what's left between the eight or the nine.

Have I got it?

Thanks!
the 8 has nothing to do with getting the wild 7 basically she has 2 money balls the 7 or the 9 if he makes the 7 at any point then whoever makes the 9 wins

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Da Poet said:

Have I got it?

Thanks!
When someone gets a wild ball it is basically like having another 9 ball on the table. Nothing else changes. If for instance Cubc runs out to the 7 ball and makes it but then misses the 8 or plays safe OMG has to run out the last 2 balls just like normal.

The advantage comes from having to run fewer balls to get out (7 instead of 9) and having a second ball that if pocketed on the break or via carom, combo, kiss whatever that wins the game.

What if Cubc just fouls and shoots the 7 in you ask? It spots up.

The only way OMG wins early is if she makes the 7 legally. Everything else is just like normal 9 ball.

sde

Silver Member
JCIN said:
When someone gets a wild ball it is basically like having another 9 ball on the table. Nothing else changes. If for instance Cubc runs out to the 7 ball and makes it but then misses the 8 or plays safe OMG has to run out the last 2 balls just like normal.

The advantage comes from having to run fewer balls to get out (7 instead of 9) and having a second ball that if pocketed on the break or via carom, combo, kiss whatever that wins the game.

The only way OMG wins early is if she makes the 7 legally. Everything else is just like normal 9 ball.

I have seen it played both ways, so I ask, what if Cubc makes the 7 on the break or legally makes the 7 out of rotation?

Steve

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
JCIN said:

Very cool! Basically 7 or 9 depending.

To a smart player with good touch, that's not as big a spot as I would have thought.

Hmmm.

Cubc, you a smart player?

Thanks JCIN. It's so much easier to have this conversation in front of thousands of people I've never met vs the actual handful I know. :D

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
sde said:
I have seen it played both ways, so I ask, what if Cubc makes the 7 on the break or legally makes the 7 out of rotation?

Steve

It stays down and the game continues until someone makes the 9.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
sde said:

Steve
Then it stays down. It only spots if made on a foul.

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
JCIN said:
When someone gets a wild ball it is basically like having another 9 ball on the table.

So please enlighten me here if I'm wrong -- this means that any time during play, she can pick either the 7 or the 9 to be her "9-ball" if, for example, a combo comes up, right?

-- peer