Challenge match -- Cubc vs OMGWTF

Cubc vs OMGWTF

• Class-act Cubc will wipe OMGWTF off the table, and that psycho ***** deserves it

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • I have a crush on OMGWTF and I'm confident that she crushes that silly piece of poop

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
My question is this.

Does the server have enough juice to broadcast to all these people hooking up and watching at the same time? I have high speed cable, if I watch the match is it going to be smooth? Just wondering.
MULLY

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
mullyman said:
My question is this.

Does the server have enough juice to broadcast to all these people hooking up and watching at the same time? I have high speed cable, if I watch the match is it going to be smooth? Just wondering.
MULLY

If I understand live streaming video correctly, the way it works is each audio/video packet is sent to the ISP, and is propogated to multicast addresses at the ISP (working off an addressee list sent by the streaming feed), and the ISP is actually the one to blast it out to the real world.

From a technical viewpoint, I think the TAR crew is only sending out one set of packets.. They are not individually serving 100's of viewers. They just send it out once, and that feed is repeated by the ISP to all the customers. So assuming they don't have 1000's of people watching this feed, the ISP will not even be stressed.

Am I off here?

Russ

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
You're mostly right. It might be 1000's of people watching and be fine depending on what kind of service they are paying for.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Somebody said sumpin sometime ago about the UStream feed getting better when MORE people watch it because UStream gives more bandwidth to popular feeds with lots of viewers.

I think that there is more action between people on this match than in any of the Action Challenges between the pros.

Too Funny!

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
OMGWTF bettors looking to get a sweat bet on this match please PM me.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Pre match analysis, lol

If you just go by the posts, it would appear that Cubc may have a slight edge. But I can't see OMGWTF getting into this without her believing she's got the edge.

So much time has gone by since this thing got started and I think that gives OMGWTF an advantage in that whatever her skill level was at a month or so ago, she's had ample time to focus and ramp up her game a bit. Maybe Cubc can do the same but a race to 8 (Edit- Just learned it was 8 ahead, aye chihuahua, so this is wrong. lol) is a little short and with the spot, anything can happen here.

I'll make a list of my assumptions based on reading the tea leaves. So basically, I'm talking out of my a$$, but here it is anyways. lol

Breaking - Advantage Cubc - I'm assuming that Cubc weighs more than OMGWTF.

2 through the money balls - Advantage OMGWTF especially with the spot

Experience under pressure - Advantage Cubc - This is big. I'm guessing this is why a lot of money is going in his direction.

Preparation - Advantage OMGWTF

Location - Advantage OMGWTF - Closer to home.

Table type - Slight advantage to Cubc.

Key to the match, Cubc's breaking. If Cubc's break is erratic, or even just plain unlucky, he's gonna be in big trouble.

Any other comments? It's an open forum. As you see, you don't have to know what you're talking about. :D

( Edit 5/19 - Looks like I was completely wrong about the breaks and experience under pressure and the table type. lol )

Last edited:
Reactions: sde

BrooklynJay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Da Poet said:
If you just go by the posts, it would appear that Cubc may have a slight edge. But I can't see OMGWTF getting into this without her believing she's got the edge.

So much time has gone by since this thing got started and I think that gives OMGWTF an advantage in that whatever her skill level was at a month or so ago, she's had ample time to focus and ramp up her game a bit. Maybe Cubc can do the same but a race to 8 is a little short and with the spot, anything can happen here.

I'll make a list of my assumptions based on reading the tea leaves. So basically, I'm talking out of my a$$, but here it is anyways. lol

Breaking - Advantage Cubc - I'm assuming that Cubc weighs more than OMGWTF.

2 through the money balls - Advantage OMGWTF especially with the spot

Experience under pressure - Advantage Cubc - This is big. I'm guessing this is why a lot of money is going in his direction.

Preparation - Advantage OMGWTF

Location - Advantage OMGWTF - Closer to home.

Table type - Slight advantage to Cubc.

Key to the match, Cubc's breaking. If Cubc's break is erratic, or even just plain unlucky, he's gonna be in big trouble.

Any other comments? It's an open forum. As you see, you don't have to know what you're talking about. :D

have you seen omg break? it's pretty damn good. i wouldn't say that there's an advantage either way. (i haven't seen cubc break on a big table)

i don't know about the experience under pressure either. omg's a competitor and has finished high in many am events. i'm not sure what cubc's experience under pressure is.

table type...because omg plays in a bar box league? not sure why there's an advantage either way here.

regardless, i'm just hoping for a good match.

9ballrun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when does this start and is it on ustream? I dont see anything on tar's front page about it anymore.
Thanks

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9ballrun said:
when does this start and is it on ustream? I dont see anything on tar's front page about it anymore.
Thanks

Should start at 1pm Vegas time, and I think TAR will be streaming through their site.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
BrooklynJay said:
have you seen omg break? it's pretty damn good. i wouldn't say that there's an advantage either way. (i haven't seen cubc break on a big table)

i don't know about the experience under pressure either. omg's a competitor and has finished high in many am events. i'm not sure what cubc's experience under pressure is.

table type...because omg plays in a bar box league? not sure why there's an advantage either way here.

regardless, i'm just hoping for a good match.

Yeah I'm hoping for a good match too. Both players have really stepped out of the box on this one to say the least! lol

I'm pretty sure I've seen OMGWTF shoot on a barbox a little over a year ago, but that was just practice. She had good form and a pretty consitent pre shot routine. Kind of looked like an APA 5 or 6, but it was tough to tell. She may have been just looking for action as it appears she wasn't in the APA singles tourney last year, but maybe she showed up for the mini events, I'm not sure. Didn't see a break.

I have to say Cubc seemed pretty confident in offering $500 to anyone here on the forum. Maybe just testing the water, I don't know. I've never seen him play. My gut tells me this is about as even as it gets, but my gut tells me a lot of things. lol

I've got my faith in OMGWTF to the tune of $100 already so I'm set. It would be interesting to hear what folks really think about the match. Maybe it'll kick up a little more action. :)

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
D Player said:
Should start at 1pm Vegas time, and I think TAR will be streaming through their site.

Just so folks know, Las Vegas is Pacific time. So 1:00pm Pacific, 2:00pm Mountain, 3:00pm Central, 4:00pm Eastern.

3:30pm in Caracas, Venezuela. (Not kidding)

:D

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
Heia Norge -- May 17th

Da Poet said:
Just so folks know, Las Vegas is Pacific time. So 1:00pm Pacific, 2:00pm Mountain, 3:00pm Central, 4:00pm Eastern. 3:30pm in Caracas, Venezuela. (Not kidding)

And it's 10pm in Norway -- May 17th National Day -- party time!!!

-- peer

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Peer said:

-- peer

Lol, I'm witcha! Already on beer #3 and got some dry rub on some ribs for later after the match!

Life is good! :D

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
The weather here is beyond perfect.Really.It's one of those days when everyone mentions how they wish all days would be like today.Sunny,light breeze,70 or so I'd guess.

At four O clock I will foresake it all and be trapped right where I sit.
And I'll be glad.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Peer said:

-- peer

I spit a loogie on your party.

Doug :)
(and I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot )

Last edited:

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is everyone getting ready to start? I am at work, and won't be able to watch, can a fella get some updates?

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
I can see the feed but it freezes as soon as the page loads. Anybody else having this problem? right now there's a guy in a white and blue shirt shooting down the left side of the table... and it's frozen.

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Hierovision said:
I can see the feed but it freezes as soon as the page loads. Anybody else having this problem? right now there's a guy in a white and blue shirt shooting down the left side of the table... and it's frozen.

Ditto here.

Barbara