Challenge of Champions dump

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
So I am retarded?

The subject of the article was a master troll. You are junior league in comparison but a troll nonetheless.

Yeah, you hurt my feelings. And no you don't have to answer for that, yet. If you think it's ok to go off on people, calling them retarded and other names then hey do your thing. I would stay anonymous too if I were in your position with your attitude.

I stand up for what I think and take the heat, as myself. John Barton, who travels all over the world. I am not afraid to meet anyone I have had dialog with on the internet.

You are. That's the ultimate difference.

As for which of us contributes more to the community.

How about we put it to the vote. A one month ban on the loser.

Let the community decide which of us has more value to AZB, you or me. Up for that anon? Now if you lose you can come back as just another anon. I can't come back as JB Cases - just another perk of being an anonymous troll.

do i need to remind you that a few weeks ago you were calling for the firing of Mr Wilson?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Risky?
He almost scratched, he almost got hooked and he missed the combo on the bad side . Soft enough that the 9 would not have gone the other end and get slopped .
And the hill-hill game wasn't meant to be .
HE dogged the 8 in the previous on the fat side and the 8-ball was inches away from a sitting duck on the side pocket .
Buddy, the man who'd easily beat Efren for 10K suddenly is dogging it against a Lebron ? TOUGH SALE.
Same with Howard dogging the 9-ball to the fat side.
In the immortal words of officer Murtaugh and Martin Riggs, " that's kinda thin."
And ref of the tournament saw them as strange happenings.

Do you think players play the same all the time? Ever seen a player make an incredible shot and then dog the very next shot which was an easy one? Then the standard saying is "same player".

So let's go back to 8:7. Buddy ran out to the 8 when he didn't have to. He could have dogged the position to the three EASILY. Incredibly easily. Instead he played it PERFECTLY, perfectly with just enough inside to kill the cue ball and land in the tight window for the three.

Why did he run to the 8 in that game when there was no need to?

Again going all the way to the 8 to dog an "easy" shot on purpose was extremely risky because as you saw Lebron nd up jacked up over the nine. It wasn't like Buddy played the shot so that the nine stopped in the middle of the table. No he hit it with stun speed trying to keep the cue ball there for the nine and the eight went two rails up table.

If anything Lebron looked like he was dumping when he didn't take his time on the eight and flailed at it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
do i need to remind you that a few weeks ago you were calling for the firing of Mr Wilson?

Not on here I wasn't. That discussion took place on a board far away.

I am referring to a voluntary ban.

Would you vote for me or wannawannabe?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Do you think players play the same all the time? Ever seen a player make an incredible shot and then dog the very next shot which was an easy one? Then the standard saying is "same player".

So let's go back to 8:7. Buddy ran out to the 8 when he didn't have to. He could have dogged the position to the three EASILY. Incredibly easily. Instead he played it PERFECTLY, perfectly with just enough inside to kill the cue ball and land in the tight window for the three.

Why did he run to the 8 in that game when there was no need to?

Again going all the way to the 8 to dog an "easy" shot on purpose was extremely risky because as you saw Lebron nd up jacked up over the nine. It wasn't like Buddy played the shot so that the nine stopped in the middle of the table. No he hit it with stun speed trying to keep the cue ball there for the nine and the eight went two rails up table.

If anything Lebron looked like he was dumping when he didn't take his time on the eight and flailed at it.

AGAIN, IT's THE SUM OF ALL PARTS/EVENTS.

Lebron played the way he was supposed to . REALLY SCARED.

HOW WAS THE MISS ON THE 8 "RISKY" ???
WIDE OPEN TABLE.

If I was going to give a game or two away, I'd give them late in the rack.
I have no clue what you're thinking.

You keep asking why he got to the 8.
HE ALMOST SCRATCHED. He almost got hooked and broke up the cluster to boot. This is Buddy Fkkn Hall. The man who puts the cueball on a string .
The man who beat Efren for $10 playing 10-ball.
The man with the perfect stroke.

And again, the ref and tourney director of that event has gone on the record here it was a dump.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
So I am retarded?

The subject of the article was a master troll. You are junior league in comparison but a troll nonetheless.

Yeah, you hurt my feelings. And no you don't have to answer for that, yet. If you think it's ok to go off on people, calling them retarded and other names then hey do your thing. I would stay anonymous too if I were in your position with your attitude.

I stand up for what I think and take the heat, as myself. John Barton, who travels all over the world. I am not afraid to meet anyone I have had dialog with on the internet.

You are. That's the ultimate difference.

As for which of us contributes more to the community.

How about we put it to the vote. A one month ban on the loser.

Let the community decide which of us has more value to AZB, you or me. Up for that anon? Now if you lose you can come back as just another anon. I can't come back as JB Cases - just another perk of being an anonymous troll.

No, your thought process is retarded, try and keep up.

So you call me a troll. Ok, cool, thanks. If I went the JB route, I would be losing sleep and creating new pages on my website about you, going to extreme lengths to explain to you that you are wrong. But I don't do that because I don't have a problem letting go of worthless internet arguments. Again, your problem, not mine.

Don't have to answer for that, yet? LOL, please tell me what I need to do to answer for that now? I hate to wait.

Hold me John, I'm afraid of meeting you in person. I'm headed to the circus right now, which clown car will you be jumping out of?

As far as contributing to these forums, you contribute waaaaaay more than me. I am here for entertainment purposes, not to prove my self worth to myself. This place is an app on my phone for when I am bored.

However, if we held a vote on who speaks the truth in a direct manner without delusional ramblings and will call a spade a spade, I think you better start stuffing ballot boxes, or in this case, reactivate all those other user names you have used throughout the years.

Seriously, I have one anonymous account, you have 1 real account and 50 anonymous accounts. Guess you are the one trolling.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
You shooting them isn't right because between now and then you will have had time to practice them thousands of times.

There isn't any real way to duplicate the pressure as I see it right now. Figure that out and we can set up the experiment.

JB, you really believe that Buddy has not shot those same two shots hundreds of times over his illustrious career ? I'm pretty sure they came up more than a few times for me too.

Besides, it was not the shots that "scared"him, it was losing the $50K, even though he put up not one thin dime. I'm still gonna lose my own money, and a 100 times more that I have bet before.... I think I have more pressue than Buddy, not to mention the entire AZB world laughing at me for decades for missing 2 hangers for $2K or $5K :)

Last edited:

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
isn't this, the point of this thread?

let me restate that:

THIS, is the point, of this thread - and for the future of Pool.

Good call.And yes we are CSI,(cue sport international) as well.

Still an obvious dump.

Its not the end of the world but it is an embarrassment to pool,although not current.

I don't care what anybody in this thread bets on or doesn't but if anyone thinks this shot is an unmissable hanger they are mistaken. Even on a large pocket table this shot can be missed.

ONB

View attachment 338314

View attachment 338315

Its the way he missed the shot. Any Pro will make sure he doesn't over cut this since the 9 ball can still go in off the side rail with such big pockets. The only way to guarantee a miss it to make sure the 9 ball hits the end rail first.

I cannot argue that point. Hall missed the combo so badly that one can only think he tried to miss it.

Either way, this shot is not a hanger like some here have said.

ONB

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
AGAIN, IT's THE SUM OF ALL PARTS/EVENTS.

Lebron played the way he was supposed to . REALLY SCARED.

Really scared? Hmmm, jumping the ball in '91 and running out is really scared? You know 1991 when the jump cue wasn't in use as much?

Really scared when he ran out many times in both sets? That really scared?

Or really scared when he kicked the 8 in and then made the long nine ball for the match?

HOW WAS THE MISS ON THE 8 "RISKY" ???
WIDE OPEN TABLE.

Do you actually play pool or just talk about it? Because the speed Buddy hit it didn't guarantee a good shot on the eight if he missed. That's the RISK. If Buddy really wanted to dog it then why not slow roll it acting like he was going for shape on the nine in the side and miss it wide letting the cue ball come up enough to sell out an easy shot?

If I was going to give a game or two away, I'd give them late in the rack.
I have no clue what you're thinking.

That's why you're not seeing this right. You're only looking at the fact that you think dumping is all about missing the obvious easy shots.

You keep asking why he got to the 8.
HE ALMOST SCRATCHED. He almost got hooked and broke up the cluster to boot.

Oh right, so instead of MISSING any of the easier shots earlier in the rack he opted to attempt to scratch in the side off a crazy angle for that, twice, and then tried to hook himself behind the cluster by sending the cue ball that direction off a reverse cut on the five? So he does all this instead of just missing earlier when he could and letting Mike control the table?

I mean IF he intends to dog easy shots no matter what at the end of the rack then that option is ALWAYS open to him if it's gets that far, no need to make all the other balls and then dog the easy shot.

This is Buddy Fkkn Hall. The man who puts the cueball on a string .
The man who beat Efren for $10 playing 10-ball.
The man with the perfect stroke.

Yes it was. And Buddy Hall who also misses sometimes. Buddy Hall who played Efren in 1985. So what? You sound really devastated here? I have watched Busti miss easy shots in person sitting six feet from the table and you are a liar if you say you have never seen Busti and Efren dog shots.

And again, the ref and tourney director of that event has gone on the record here it was a dump.

Yes he has. WITH no proof offered. Maybe he has a signed confession waiting to reveal it for the right price. But absent of that it's simply his FEELING that it was a dump.

And again, not saying it wasn't. Make sure you UNDERSTAND that clearly. Just saying that based on the video it's not conclusive to me. Can you understand that Joey? That two people can have different conclusions about the same event?

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
CJ is doing an admirable job of trying to save face for pool and the players involved but it is clear to us experienced pool rats/pool detectives what took place back in 91.

CJ you are a terrific teacher and spokesmen for the game.Yes everyone is innocent until proven guilty.Also we all want the game to be free of scandal and move on and away from the shady past but this is on video tape and the story is out.

Weather the tournament in question killed legal Vegas gambling on pro pool events we cannot say but IMO it could never work having normal (sports) betting on pool.The scheme Harry is working on is a bit different then normal sports betting and might make it possible in the future to bet on pool tourneys.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
And again, not saying it wasn't. Make sure you UNDERSTAND that clearly. Just saying that based on the video it's not conclusive to me. Can you understand that Joey? That two people can have different conclusions about the same event?
The video and compound that with Jay's words are conclusive to me.
As you said, you could be wrong on this one.
And , majority here think you are.

I ain't going back arguing every point .
OJ's glove didn't fit and he was found not guilty.
He's still a double murderer to me.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No, your thought process is retarded, try and keep up.

So you call me a troll. Ok, cool, thanks. If I went the JB route, I would be losing sleep and creating new pages on my website about you, going to extreme lengths to explain to you that you are wrong. But I don't do that because I don't have a problem letting go of worthless internet arguments. Again, your problem, not mine.

Don't have to answer for that, yet? LOL, please tell me what I need to do to answer for that now? I hate to wait.

Hold me John, I'm afraid of meeting you in person. I'm headed to the circus right now, which clown car will you be jumping out of?

As far as contributing to these forums, you contribute waaaaaay more than me. I am here for entertainment purposes, not to prove my self worth to myself. This place is an app on my phone for when I am bored.

However, if we held a vote on who speaks the truth in a direct manner without delusional ramblings and will call a spade a spade, I think you better start stuffing ballot boxes, or in this case, reactivate all those other user names you have used throughout the years.

Seriously, I have one anonymous account, you have 1 real account and 50 anonymous accounts. Guess you are the one trolling.

How do I know you have one account? You brought up who is worth more to the forum. It's clear you are here for entertainment. And trolling is what entertains you.

I call a spade a spade and a troll a troll. You are a troll. No biggie, people like you are abundant, scared children playing around on the internet with no fear of retribution.

It's people like me who actually use the net to be useful to others who contribute to society. People like you are just ticks to people like me, something we have to put up to do what we need to do.

Once in a while we get the opportunity to pop one and flush it down the toilet. Someday your time will come when you get to meet the people you troll or they reach and touch you in a way you don't expect.

Until then troll on pal. You're fired up now, come at me.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The video and compound that with Jay's words are conclusive to me.
As you said, you could be wrong on this one.
And , majority here think you are.

I ain't going back arguing every point .
OJ's glove didn't fit and he was found not guilty.
He's still a double murderer to me.

Fine then we can just drop it here?

As usual you ignore my other questions, you had your mind made up from the beginning. I didn't.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching the buddy hall vs keith mcready match that CJ made a thread on. They had missed some pretty bad shots too.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If this case was to go to jury trial......

The attorney for the defense would try to eliminate all pool players from the jury.

LOL probably. But not me. I would play it to jury that each and every one of them could be sitting there accused of dumping based on missed shots. and then I would show about a hundred clips of pros missing easy shots in tournament finals.

Now if the prosecution had a signed confession.......I would advise my clients to take a plea deal.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Fine then we can just drop it here?

As usual you ignore my other questions, you had your mind made up from the beginning. I didn't.

I didn't .
You just keep going and going and going .
I already answered them.

I was a juror once . Every evidence did not have to be logical.
At the end , you sum them all up.

That which you can't on this case. You just want to argue EVERYTHING.
Even after you already rested and after Jay dared to prove it beyond doubt for $10K.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I didn't .
You just keep going and going and going .
I already answered them.

I was a juror once . Every evidence did not have to be logical.
At the end , you sum them all up.

That which you can't on this case. You just want to argue EVERYTHING.
Even after you already rested and after Jay dared to prove it beyond doubt for $10K.

If Jay can prove it beyond doubt then he should. Why does he need 10k? that's awfully mercenary.

For the sake of argument take Jay's statement out. Let's assume that you never heard it and you're a juror.

Does it still look like a dump to you? Could you put Buddy Hall and the other six player in prison based on the video alone?