Challenge of Champions dump

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I was watching the buddy hall vs keith mcready match that CJ made a thread on. They had missed some pretty bad shots too.

Yes, what year was that ?
Keith was way past his prime . And he wasn't even active.

I saw Keith at Hard Times one time back in '95 or '96.
Parica set up a combo shot prop bet. First ball was near the spot and the other ball a few inches away.
Keith fired at it and split the pocket .
Keith said it was too easy he'd feel bad taking the money.

I kid you not.
Keith fkkn looked at that thing and FIRED.

I saw Max Eberly shoot a combo during a match with the 9-ball frozen on the end rail. He lined it up and shot it .

It's not even fair. These guys who started really young and have a busload of talent are animals .

Of course they miss too.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
LOL probably. But not me. I would play it to jury that each and every one of them could be sitting there accused of dumping based on missed shots. and then I would show about a hundred clips of pros missing easy shots in tournament finals.

Now if the prosecution had a signed confession.......I would advise my clients to take a plea deal.

True.

There would probably be a paid informant or 2 working for the prosecution.I wasn't around the pool world back then but I will bet some of the old timers know exactly who would have turned rat.

Banks

Banned
The video and compound that with Jay's words are conclusive to me.
As you said, you could be wrong on this one.
And , majority here think you are.

I ain't going back arguing every point .
OJ's glove didn't fit and he was found not guilty.
He's still a double murderer to me.

Lol. You're arguing with the same guy that tried to cheat in his $10k match. I know, I know.. it's not proven that he cheated. It's just a coincidence there was a high level 1P player sitting behind a post and covering his mouth and in the end the owner put a stop to it.

This is why I have to have CJ and JB both on ignore.. too much nonsense I'd want to respond to.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
If Jay can prove it beyond doubt then he should. Why does he need 10k? that's awfully mercenary.

For the sake of argument take Jay's statement out. Let's assume that you never heard it and you're a juror.

Does it still look like a dump to you? Could you put Buddy Hall and the other six player in prison based on the video alone?

I would ask for all videos of the match and get the stats .
I've never seen a major pro event where the winner shot below .800.
If Buddy Hall shot below .800 in that final match, it's a dump to me .
Not with those 4 3/4 corners.

I'd get the stats on all of Lebron's wins . If all losers shot .800 or worse , they're dumps to me as a group.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
yes, behind Wilson's back. and Jerry & Mike said that it will never happen.

yes, and i remember last summer that you & Lou agreed to a 1 year voluntary ban.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK31Bj7204Q

how's your beautiful wife?

Why do you keep saying that? Lou and I never agree to any ban of any length.

I didn't say anything behind Wilson's back. I said what I wanted to say in a space that I feel I am allowed to say what I want to say. Wilson knows full well how I feel about him, we have had it out on here many times in public.

Don't presume to lecture me and tell me that I am not allowed to go to other parts of the internet and talk about things that happen here.

I don't recall Jerry and Mike saying any such thing that Wilson won't ever be removed. Probably not but that doesn't mean users who are not favorites of Wilson aren't allowed to hope for it.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not on here I wasn't. That discussion took place on a board far away. I am referring to a voluntary ban.

....Would you vote for me or wannawannabe?

I would be voting for YOU John !...Mr.Wannabe, or no other living human could possibly devote the time and energy to the forum, that you readily exhibit in every thread you enter !..But then again, who would want to ? ..And, You have certainly NEVER let your lack of knowledge, on ANY given subject, get in the way of expressing your opinion !!! :rolleyes:.....
Yes, you are truly 'one of a kind' ! ;)

WTF-ARE-YOU-TALKING-ABOUT.jpg

PS..And I'm not even counting your 'dedicated' A.S.S. promotional work !
:embarrassed2:

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I'd get the stats on all of Lebron's wins . If all losers shot .800 or worse , they're dumps to me as a group.

So you would require more evidence. THANK YOU.

Now we are getting somewhere.

I assume you would analyze the other matches as well? Comparing the stats of the matches Lebron did not play in?

How do you know the pockets were 4.75" Did you measure them? Did you play on that table?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
So you would require more evidence. THANK YOU.

Now we are getting somewhere.

I assume you would analyze the other matches as well? Comparing the stats of the matches Lebron did not play in?

How do you know the pockets were 4.75" Did you measure them? Did you play on that table?

More manipulation from you.
You ask one question and the more and more questions .
You're not a trial lawyer.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member

You would need the tapes from all the matches for the event.In the video of the semi finals several racks are not shown,at the beginning SM's opponent was leading 3-0 but it doesn't show how SM got back into the match before winning it.

Remember that many players were involved in the fix including Spanish Mike.In my estimation that is why SM was so nervous,he was playing bad and making it tough for Buddy to do his part without revealing the dump.This was being taped for ESPN!.that fact didn't make Buddy dog it but it did make his lay down very challenging.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Lol. You're arguing with the same guy that tried to cheat in his $10k match. I know, I know.. it's not proven that he cheated. It's just a coincidence there was a high level 1P player sitting behind a post and covering his mouth and in the end the owner put a stop to it.

This is why I have to have CJ and JB both on ignore.. too much nonsense I'd want to respond to.

No one cheated in my match. But it is the same thing. For people like you accusations are all the proof you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
You would need the tapes from all the matches for the event.In the video of the semi finals several racks are not shown,at the beginning SM's opponent was leading 3-0 but it doesn't show how SM got back into the match before winning it.

Remember that many players were involved in the fix including Spanish Mike.In my estimation that is why SM was so nervous,he was playing bad and making it tough for Buddy to do his part without revealing the dump.This was being taped for ESPN!.that fact didn't make Buddy dog it but it did make his lay down very challenging.

David Howard missing that 9-ball convinced me.:D
Never mind the 2-ball.:D

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Can I ask why some of you seem to care how long a discussion goes on. If you don't want to read it then get out and scroll past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk