Changing pins

Buckeyejim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking about changing an old style Schon pin to the normal one.Can it be done without compromising the quality of the cue? Anyone know what it would cost? Thanks,Jim

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think so, but I can only take anything apart!

$50+ materials?

Ask around the cuemaker's section of the alb. I am sure somebody has that pin gathering dust in his shop...:shrug:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I would send the cue to Schon and have them do it. If something isn't right they can fix it and I don't think they would charge too much to do it either.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Which "old" pin?

Are you talking about the ACME pin that was in the Schon cues from the 90s? If so, I COULD be wrong, but that's not an easy project. I think the pin was actually built into the joint assembly. It was a one piece joint system, instead of a stainless collar with a separate pin into the forearm. That's what all of my old Schon ACME pins looked like.

Why do you want to change the pin? It accepts standard 5/16-14 thread shafts.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Are you talking about the ACME pin that was in the Schon cues from the 90s? If so, I COULD be wrong, but that's not an easy project. I think the pin was actually built into the joint assembly. It was a one piece joint system, instead of a stainless collar with a separate pin into the forearm. That's what all of my old Schon ACME pins looked like.

Why do you want to change the pin? It accepts standard 5/16-14 thread shafts.

thats what it looks like when i look at mine.. the floor of the joint looks to be steel also.. its possible that the its part of the joint collar itself and there is a hole in the bottom of it where the pin goes through or it could be that the pin is part of the bottom and it is seperate from the collar

i think schon would only know that..

chris

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
This subject comes up every so often,and I always say the same thing.

Unless the pin in your Schon is truly screwed up and unusable,there is NO sound reason to change it. Tommy D.