Cheap action in Huntsville, Alabama 3/21 and 3/22

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Talking about their monthly tournament?

If so, I did go to a couple of them. First one was a ton of fun. I played several sets and had a ball.

The last one I went to, well....it sucked:

You wanna know why? Lol.....the last one i attended was like this:

Every other player that was willing to play private sets wanted to "try" and high roll ..... I was there to have fun and play "cheap" sets man. ...... not try to make a few k.....or lose a few k.

I would ask someone to play a set for $30 or so and they would come back with "naw, but I'll play for $300, $400 or $500 a set"..

You ever experienced that? If not, I guess you dont get out much or maybe.... your one of the "pretty sporty" players that was "not willing" to play 10 bal, race to 11 for $30 to $50 a set.

Not to mention, half of those "sporty players"..... do good to get a few hundred together. That doesn't exactly entice anyone that actually worked for a living and does have money in their poccket.

I dont know you but it sounds like you may know me. If so, shoot me a pm!

EDIT:

I just read your "introduction post". Your a little younger than I am but if your a very good player, I'm 100% I will know you since florence is small and doesn't have many good pool players to speak of in the first place.

Like I said, shoot me a PM. Maybe you and I can play some cheap sets at my place, or yours if you have a table as well.

I wish you lived in AZ dude. I'd kill for someone your speed to play races to 11 for $50. We could play all day.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish you lived in AZ dude. I'd kill for someone your speed to play races to 11 for $50. We could play all day.

Yep, it's hard to find players to play cheap sets with. I know several in my area that will say "let's play cheap, it's no big deal".....but, it almost always turns out to be exactly that.

It never fails, let's raise it or what's the spot.....

I'm really curious to who the poster above is. I would almost bet my retirement fund that I know them.

Anyone that can play, in my area, is known by everyone locally.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, it's hard to find players to play cheap sets with. I know several in my area that will say "let's play cheap, it's no big deal".....but, it almost always turns out to be exactly that.

It never fails, let's raise it or what's the spot.....

I'm really curious to who the poster above is. I would almost bet my retirement fund that I know them.

Anyone that can play, in my area, is known by everyone locally.

Well if you ever plan a trip to JOBS Nashville, give me advance notice. That's just my game. I am not a strong player, but for 30-50 bucks a set, I would consider it money well spent to learn and compete with a good shooter. I will require that you are open to occasional questions on shot selection and position play.:smile: they only got 1 9 footer though. Rest are 7 ft. diamond pro ams... I have heard of a pretty good weekly tourney in ardmore, al. But again its barboxes. Someone told me it attracted good shooters, though I cant vouch for that...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if you ever plan a trip to JOBS Nashville, give me advance notice. That's just my game. I am not a strong player, but for 30-50 bucks a set, I would consider it money well spent to learn and compete with a good shooter. I will require that you are open to occasional questions on shot selection and position play.:smile: they only got 1 9 footer though. Rest are 7 ft. diamond pro ams... I have heard of a pretty good weekly tourney in ardmore, al. But again its barboxes. Someone told me it attracted good shooters, though I cant vouch for that...

I dont get up that way often but, if I do I will let you know.

BTW, the $30 to $50 a set is just numbers. I have NO PROBLEMS playing race to 10 for $10 a set or even for the time.

As for me helping you/answering questions. LOL.....you may end up helping me. If we ever get to meet up and play, you will see very quick that I'm not a big gambler but I am a HUGE pool nut.

Only reason I do play cheap sets is cause most of the time, very strong to pro players usually want to "make something" for their time. It's their job so, I understand.

Pool is not my job. I'm retired.

We hear people on here saying they "use to" travel around and play pool for a living....truth be told, most of them are stretching the truth to right out making it up.

It takes a very strong player to make a living now.....back then, same thing but, you had to be smart as hell to boot.

Rake

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm almost positive if you come to Goodtimes the 2nd Saturday of each month you could get all you wanted.

Hey Calzican,

I've still not heard from you. Do they still have the monthly tournaments? What type turnout can one expect? Like I said, attended two of them but it's been a while.

I understand you may not have been able to check back in due to work, family...etc..etc.. but when you do, drop me a line. Maybe we can play something cheap or if you rather, we can just hit some around. I up for pretty much any game....1hole, 9 ball, 10 ball, 8 ball, 14.1, banks.....hell, we can even play poker pool.

If you got game, I need the pressure cause I dont get to go to Huntsville, Birmingham etc..etc.. very often because I have to look after my wife who is still recovering from surgeries but, I can play at home (9' pro-am) or somewhere local so I can get home quick if need be.

Like I said, if your up for it, drop me a line.

Jeff Crouch from florence, Alabama.