Chris Henry - The Balls

WilliamK

Registered
Yes they are extremely light and that is for a reason. Being so light makes it easier to discover that you are not cuing through the ball's centre. While that might be so important on a pool table on a full sized snooker table it makes a hell of a difference.

I first saw these balls being used in practice and as a coaching aid by one of our local professionals. I'd love to have a set but the price is high. I still tried to buy locally via a whoelsaler but they come from the UK only.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had this idea in the past. I’m glad he made it into a product!

I like the idea but I do agree that if you are only after perfectly straight strokes with no swerve, squirt, and dead center vertical axis, shooting along the rail is all you need. If this is all you are after, don’t even waste your money on a DigiBall either, because it’ll be far more expensive.

For all other real life shots including spin, throw, swerve, squirt, jumps, breaks etc, a traditional training ball is much better.

If you don’t want to set up or touch the training ball for each shot, don’t want to look at chalk marks, and want far more accuracy in your tip position, and also measure cue ball speed, that’s when you buy a DigiBall.

I.e. a DigiBall is “virtual chalk marks”.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had this idea in the past. I’m glad he made it into a product!

I like the idea but I do agree that if you are only after perfectly straight strokes with no swerve, squirt, and dead center vertical axis, shooting along the rail is all you need. If this is all you are after, don’t even waste your money on a DigiBall either, because it’ll be far more expensive.

For all other real life shots including spin, throw, swerve, squirt, jumps, breaks etc, a traditional training ball is much better.

If you don’t want to set up or touch the training ball for each shot, don’t want to look at chalk marks, and want far more accuracy in your tip position, and also measure cue ball speed, that’s when you buy a DigiBall.

I.e. a DigiBall is “virtual chalk marks”.
Nice plug ,,,,😉

xX-Wizard-Xx

I think this is a lousy way to spend 90 bucks ... What ever happened to spending time at the table learning without gimmic toys for the gullible

Scrunge19

Registered
I saw Margaret and Tyler shilling for these on instagram. I think if you spent the $90+ on table time and did the mighty X drill the entire time, you’d end up a lot further ahead than these balls will take you.

WilliamK

Registered
As a coaching aid they would be invaluable. Sure you can do drills and drill some more, but how do you show someone else what is wrong.

As for the cost, that is what it costs to get them to you. They don't grow on trees so one needs to cover manufacturing costs, administration costs, taxes, packaging and advertising. No I am not in partnership but I can tell you that just for reading this thread my bill would be $35.