CJ vs Earl bonus match

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have said this for years on here. I have also said that some of the responsibility lies on the tournament promoters who know he has issues, and continue to invite him because he is a draw. A draw based on blowups and making an ass out of himself.

When I say someone is mentally ill, I am not relieving them of responsibility for their actions. I am noting the root of the problem, and I find no humor in people being entertained by his issues.

Another great post sir.

I'm not Earl's best bud in real life or anything but, I have a feeling some on here only know what they have seen online, t.v. or at a random tournament.

Like others, I've witnessed Earl's problems first hand in social settings....not just around competition.

People don't know what they don't know. That doesn't stop them from being cruel or azzhats or both.

Jeff

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder what percentage of people watch in hopes that he plays great (like at Turning Stone) and the percentage of those that watch to see him "blow up"
I want to see both. Nothing wrong with that, that's entertaining.
Folks don't watch boxing to see 15 rounds of jabs, they wanna see a knock-out.
Not many are entertained by watching 500 laps of cars going in a circle without a single crash.
I want to see Earl play 'lights-out' but I'm also on the edge of my high-chair waiting for him to be an "Earl"!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on the other hand i've seen him pick out a section of a perfectly polite crowd and begin his usual arguing. so there is no need for provocateurs for him to go off.

but it sure was nice to see him beat shaw and shane at the turning stone with very little erratic behaviour on display, just pure shooting.

I've seen him do the same thing with waiters/waitresses etc...etc.

Like 99% of the population, he has issues. We "all" have something but, we "all" aren't on a world stage being targeted by a55hats at every turn just for the hell of it.

Like I said before, I applaud Earl's abilities to overcome and adapt as well as he has.

He is a beast on his best day but, he is a beast on the other days as well....don't poke the beast, regardless of which beast shows up.

Jeff

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree warfdiesel...I believe Earl is bipolar, and undiagnosed and unmedicated. I understand bipolar behavior because I'm married to one.
It is a medical condition...not a choice. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Hey Scott. I sent you an email regarding lessons. Just wanted to make sure you were aware.

I gave my cell # and best time and days to call me in the email.

Thanks for your time,

Jeff

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ease up fellows. Damn.

Nope, Earl is not now nor will he ever be even half the player he was in his prime. But, all this chit talk is just that...chit IMO.

Let the man do what he does.....play pool.

If he's playing bad or he is just not in a good place mentally leave it alone and don't watch if you don't want to but, stop being a55's....it's the Pearl.

Just because one gets past their prime and has several really bad days doesn't mean they should take a knee and retire.

Jeff
Well said.. I know earl personally and I promise you that what you see with earl is absolutely the way he is when not on camera... fits and all!
But never forget, his gear WAs THE HIGHEST Ever!!!

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
This is just me, but if I had a family member that couldn't control their behavior in any kind of event that has a rule, written or unwritten, that requires proper etiquette, I would do my best to see that this family member doesn't participate in that event.

It's just not fair to all the others for them to have to listen to all that psycho-babble. What if all the other competitors started doing the same thing? Would someone (TD or referee) make them be quiet?

And Scott Lee saying his illness is bipolar, but undiagnosed and unmedicated. If it's undiagnosed, then it just might possibly be that he's not bipolar at all and he's just been getting away with being an a$$ for so many years. He seems to only act that way if he's around a pool table. Does he act that way on the golf and tennis courts? Bipolar doesn't just turn itself on and off around a pool tournament.

And...if he is bipolar and unmedicated, then his whole attitude is on him, whether or not the meds affect his ability to play. Hell, his constant jabber is many times a detriment to his opponents play. Why would Earl's opponent's game have to suffer because Earl won't medicate so HIS game won't?

If everyone thinks that Earl should be able to run his mouth during a pool match, then the rules should be changed so that any player can run theirs. It seems to me that there are at least as many, and maybe more, people that think Earl's behavior is unacceptable as opposed to the ones who believe he should get a pass (for whatever reason he acts out like he does).

Maniac

^^^ This.

But as evidenced by the lack of response to this, people tend to ignore logic.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said.. I know earl personally and I promise you that what you see with earl is absolutely the way he is when not on camera... fits and all!
But never forget, his gear WAs THE HIGHEST Ever!!!

Understood sir. It's probably best to leave it alone though, since most know very little about him past pool or an interview they listened to or what some other player, ref, promoter etc...etc said.

Jeff

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you take this forum as a representation of the pool watching community as a whole.... I would say it leans heavily to the side of people wanting to see him go off.

Sure there are people wanting to see his brilliance come out again, but it seems very lopsided to me based on responses in posts over the last 13-14 years of reading AZB.

I want to see a mic'd up match of Earl and Russian Kenny and I want the crowd to be like Mosconi or the Waste Management Open (Golf). If he wants a format to talk, give him one. You guys sound more like a knitting circle than pool players.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Prediction i think. When was/is this?

I checked Facebook, and the score was, indeed, 30-26 in Earl's favor.

It was played this past Monday (10/14) as a freebie for anyone who had purchased the Woodward/Strickland match the prior 3 days.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I want to see a mic'd up match of Earl and Russian Kenny and I want the crowd to be like Mosconi or the Waste Management Open (Golf). If he wants a format to talk, give him one. You guys sound more like a knitting circle than pool players.

There’s something called the Waste management open? That’s incredible.

I don’t mind a little smack talk and complaining while playing. This ain’t pre skewl fewl. Everyone is so sensitive.

They gave me bipolar medicine once. I threw it out asa I left the psych ward. I can’t say what earls condition is but he seems alright to me.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I checked Facebook, and the score was, indeed, 30-26 in Earl's favor.

It was played this past Monday (10/14) as a freebie for anyone who had purchased the Woodward/Strickland match the prior 3 days.

30-26, earl...If you believe the government fake news conspiracy agents.

The Springfield flash and I will wait for the unedited video.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
30-26, earl...If you believe the government fake news conspiracy agents.

The Springfield flash and I will wait for the unedited video.
It's too late. They already missed their chance to make any money off of the video. Had they put it out for sale 7 minutes after the match happened they would've been raking in the dough. Sad, really.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's too late. They already missed their chance to make any money off of the video. Had they put it out for sale 7 minutes after the match happened they would've been raking in the dough. Sad, really.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

What?????

Come on man, recorded video?.....really?

Everyone knows that a piece of paper signed by complete strangers to 99% of the fans will be far more credible than any stinking video. Oh.....plus, as far as I know all of THESE particular witnesses are still alive and kicking.....don't know how high their kicking though.

We don't need no stinking video. We got a few folks to sign off on it. Heck, none of those witnesses went to the bathroom or even turned their head to sneeze or cough because, if they had, well, they may have missed something like....well, a foul or something.

Jeff