Clean table

pipefitter25

Registered
what are the best ways to clean a table. i like to brush then take a damp towel and wipe the table down. anything that might be better? thanks.

p3ga

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a Simonis X-1 convert - consequently, I'll vacuum the table 1x per week, but use the X-1 before and after each session. Keeping the balls clean helps too.

{At least in our house} brushing seemed to be a good way to move dust from one end of the table to the other - not necessarily pick it up.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the residue on a table is chalk dust. Try using Kamui chalk because it leaves significantly less dust on the table (and on your hands, clothes, etc.)

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
I helped clean/maintain a local bar's table's for many years and they were known to have the best/cleanest tables around.

Vacuum the table to pick up chalk dust FIRST. I liked to use a rotating brush attachment after I did the first pass w/o it to help keep the table fuzz off as well. After that I used a HOT wet towel rung out to where it was just barely damp and wiped off the felt to remove the remaining cue dust as much as possible. Let the table air dry and then use a brush in random/circular rotation to finish the job off. The table will look/play very well when you're done.

Remember to polish the balls once in a while as well.

Good luck.

Trevor

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
Nothing impresses me more than being able to play a few games at a bar on a bar box and not have to go wash off the filth from my palms turning blue from house chalk. Sad to say this is rarely the case though. :sorry:

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
No rotating brushes on the Simonis!!!!!!

True........I should have clarified that. I use the rotating brush only on typical bar cloth that tends to "fuzz" up those pesky little "fuzzbugers" on the table. The OP didn't clarify what cloth so I assumed he was talking about the more typical bar cloth variety.