cleaning a cue with sex wax

metallicarokerx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok my friend down here has the smoothest cue ever and he said you put on sex wax then blow dry it in and then buff it for about 15 minutes.. i did that and its smooth but not like his and it isnt smooth in parts.. should i do a 2nd coat? i just keep buffing for now but someone please help.. i cant ask him cause he moved away last weekend.. thanks
 
are you talking about sex wax as in the kind for surfboards? that stuff is meant to give grip not make the board slicker. Seems like a bad idea to me...
 
I herd the same thing before, A friend told me it worked but I dident believe him. Sex Wax Is used for grip, The glassing on a Board is a quite smooth unworkable surface, Thus adding The wax formula will add texture whitch pervents "slippage". I would believe that With proper method of application It would work.
-Vinnie
Thanks For Reminding me!!
 
The name sounds fimiliar, can't be positave, though. I know tons of surfers all over the state, would he be a surfer, Farmer, or pool player by any chance?
 
I might try it on the wrap, but sexwax sux!....I'd go with sticky bumps!:)

Gerry<<<old school longboarder
 
suggestion

Unbelievable thread.

After you get the sex wax off, maybe try honey next time.

Or, glue-stick.

RL
 
RED LITE said:
Unbelievable thread.

After you get the sex wax off, maybe try honey next time.

Or, glue-stick.

RL

why so? I use candle wax when I press n polish an Irish linen wrap. It's just another form of wax IMO.
 
metallicarokerx said:
ya thats what im talking about.. it seems like it works his shaft is smoother than glass..

How do you know his shaft is smooth as glass? Have you touched it:confused: :eek: :D :D
 
Slick Stic is the nuts.
Maybe I shouldn't say "nuts" in this thread. Slick Stic is the best for slicking a shaft. :)
 
slic stick is no where near as good as his cue.. and dave is a pool player. hes about 30ish and his dad died not too long ago.. his dad was realy good too.. just curious to see if you know.. o and to all who said it doesnt work i did 2 coats then put on some baby powder and got right where i needed to be as far as slick goes..
 
Gerry said:
I might try it on the wrap, but sexwax sux!....I'd go with sticky bumps!:)

Gerry<<<old school longboarder

Tis what I used to use as well, I know I am in wisconsin, but I used to spend a couple weeks a year in florida and normally another week during the year at another ocean location, and being that I was a skateboarder I decided to take up skimboarding. Still have that board floating around somewhere...
 
And the Award for the "Gayest Post of the Year" goes to:

metallicarokerx said:
....and he said you put on sex wax then blow dry it in and then buff it for about 15 minutes.. i did that and its smooth but not like his and it isnt smooth in parts.. ..

:p :D
 
despotic931 said:
Tis what I used to use as well, I know I am in wisconsin, but I used to spend a couple weeks a year in florida and normally another week during the year at another ocean location, and being that I was a skateboarder I decided to take up skimboarding. Still have that board floating around somewhere...

cool man! I have a classic 9'8" woody, a 9'5" point break nose rider, and a 5'6" retro fish for kicks. I got into it pretty big when I lived in FLA. Not great waves, but a few good inlets to hit like Sebastian, Matanzaz, Ponce...

and lots o sharks!

Gerry
 
hey now im trying to get help i cant help that it sounds gay.. trust me im not trying to win gayest post of the year:eek:
 
metallicarokerx said:
hey now im trying to get help i cant help that it sounds gay.. trust me im not trying to win gayest post of the year:eek:

To late dude, however, there is always next year!!!!!!:D

Although, if there may still be hope for you yet!!!!!! The following thread is much worst in my opinion!!!!!!!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=636958#post636958

Let me know what you think!!!
 
Last edited:
manwon said:
To late dude, however, there is always next year!!!!!!:D

Although, if there may still be hope for you yet!!!!!! The following thread is much worst in my opinion!!!!!!!

Nope. It's safe. His still wins, hands down (no pun intended)

Man Law clearly states that NPR posts are off-limits.

Apparently it's OK to be gay in the NPR section, but not here in the Main Forum. MAN LAW??

(And don't beetch about this being discrimination or segregation. For that, you have to post --- in the NPR, of course.) :p

-von
 
Back
Top