Cleaning a pool table?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cringed also.

No spills on my cloth for sure.
I clean it pretty often.
Handheld vacuum thoroughly.
Wet white terrycloth hand towel well wrung out.
Amazing how much chalk comes up in the vacuum reservoir.
Amazing how blue the wet cloth gets even after vacuuming.
A pool table can never really get clean.
Chalk is invasive.

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
I like to keep my table uncovered so that I can admire it and take a few shots whenever I walk past. The vinyl table cover also trained my wife's cat that the table is the perfect place for claw sharpening. She destroyed the covers but, like I said, I want it uncovered.

The clawing I stopped by building the perfect cat scratch pad with a 1'x2' board covered in a parted out foam yoga mat, recovered often.

The latest is she tracked mud onto my Simonis and puked a nice puddle on the table. I removed the solids and brushed the area after it dried but I still have faded paw tracks and a puddle outline. I will wipe down with Windex and a damp microfiber cloth but seriously, I am shopping for a steam cleaner.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I cringed also.

No spills on my cloth for sure.
I clean it pretty often.
Handheld vacuum thoroughly.
Wet white terrycloth hand towel well wrung out.
Amazing how much chalk comes up in the vacuum reservoir.
Amazing how blue the wet cloth gets even after vacuuming.
A pool table can never really get clean.
Chalk is invasive.
Exactly how I clean my table....................

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
If you can load it on the back of a truck, drive to the car wash and use the wand on it.

It will be cleaner than ever and what fun you'll have!

Jeff Livingston

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one of those robot vacuums that I run once a week on the table. That picks up a lot of chalk residue. Then about once a month I vacuum it really good with a wand attachment on my regular vac. Then once I get all the chalk I can out of it, I get a really hot bucket of water, add a small splash of woollite and wipe down the table with a microfiber cloth that is dipped in the water and wrung out really good.

Then I wipe out the all the pockets and ball return area. If I am really feeling adventurous I get a swiffer and run it inside the table where ever I can get it to reach.

I wipe my balls once a week with a dry microfiber towel, run them through my homemade bucket washer with a TINY amount of polish when I deep clean the table once a month.

PS -- Diamond Pro Am table with Simonis 860 cloth.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I like to keep my table uncovered so that I can admire it and take a few shots whenever I walk past. The vinyl table cover also trained my wife's cat that the table is the perfect place for claw sharpening. She destroyed the covers but, like I said, I want it uncovered.

The clawing I stopped by building the perfect cat scratch pad with a 1'x2' board covered in a parted out foam yoga mat, recovered often.

The latest is she tracked mud onto my Simonis and puked a nice puddle on the table. I removed the solids and brushed the area after it dried but I still have faded paw tracks and a puddle outline. I will wipe down with Windex and a damp microfiber cloth but seriously, I am shopping for a steam cleaner.
Why is it that cats are always barfing something up anyway?? One day (almost everyday) one of my wifes cats was making barfing sounds in the kitchen, in a flash of genius I grabbed a paper plate and put it on the floor under the cats face, easy clean up, right?? The fricken cat ran away and barfed on the carpeting !!!!! :mad::mad::mad::sick::sick::sick:
Cats will sit in the middle of the floor looking at you while they make these barfing sounds, Im starting to think they are punishing me for something. They are like "hey, watch me, I'm going to soil your freshly cleaned carpet with my partially digested breakfast, next time I want fresh tuna and chicken you will serve me fresh tuna and chicken, BLAH!!! take that, human".

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is it that cats are always barfing something up anyway?? One day (almost everyday) one of my wifes cats was making barfing sounds in the kitchen, in a flash of genius I grabbed a paper plate and put it on the floor under the cats face, easy clean up, right?? The fricken cat ran away and barfed on the carpeting !!!!! :mad::mad::mad::sick::sick::sick:
Cats will sit in the middle of the floor looking at you while they make these barfing sounds, Im starting to think they are punishing me for something. They are like "hey, watch me, I'm going to soil your freshly cleaned carpet with my partially digested breakfast, next time I want fresh tuna and chicken you will serve me fresh tuna and chicken, BLAH!!! take that, human".

Cats, like children, were a curse made to punish humans for past misdeeds. How else can you explain the fact that no matter how well you try to raise kids they just keep doing the same mistakes you did, that your parents in turn tried to keep you from making. As bad as that lady that was cursed with knowing the future but that no-one would believe her. Cats are the same way, they just do their own thing. I went to SBE and when I got home I had 3 puke areas to clean up, one right on the bed on new sheets.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cats, like children, were a curse made to punish humans for past misdeeds. How else can you explain the fact that no matter how well you try to raise kids they just keep doing the same mistakes you did, that your parents in turn tried to keep you from making. As bad as that lady that was cursed with knowing the future but that no-one would believe her. Cats are the same way, they just do their own thing. I went to SBE and when I got home I had 3 puke areas to clean up, one right on the bed on new sheets.
A buddy used to have a t-shirt that read "Cat, the Other White Meat". Pissed-off his cat-loving o'l lady to no end. ;)

Fitzz47

I have a thought. If the seams are done using wax,would the steam melt it. I’m not sure they use wax anymore.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a thought. If the seams are done using wax,would the steam melt it. I’m not sure they use wax anymore.

That's a good point and I used was on my table. Other people use bondo and I'm pretty sure the steam isn't good for that either.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I keep my table really clean but there's times I used my shop-vac with the rinse & vac attachment.
Made darn sure not to raise the cloth off the table and not get water under the rails. It's rare the under side of the cushions get dirty.
Used half the amount of soap called for, out of safety concerns.

I did need to iron the cloth once it dried completely, as this pictured table so badly needs.

(pix lifted from video)
CleanTable sm.png

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A buddy used to have a t-shirt that read "Cat, the Other White Meat". Pissed-off his cat-loving o'l lady to no end. ;)
"
Mothers against drunk drivers, the Pope is against the pill
The unions against the workers working against their will
The Presidents against the Congress, the Senate is against the House
People are against politicians and I'm against cats in the house
".