Cliff Thorburn on Hendry's YouTube channel

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Loving Hendry's channel

And, Cliff is awesome.
Cliff is awesome. Many years ago he would come through Saskatoon on exhibition tours. My buddy Daryl, the hall manager / Canadian snooker champ and friend of Cliffs told me to watch closely when Cliff was playing the locals in games of 9 ball within the exhibition. Daryl said that Cliff always gives the guy a second chance, but watch how he does it. So in games his opponent would miss, then Cliff would run a few balls the pop in a ball, go three or four rails, and scratch in a corner ... ball in hand for the guy he was playing :) Or he would call a ball in the corner, miss by a bit in an attempt to go 4 rails ... he made a few and then had to resort to his multi-rail scratches. He was quite amazing to watch.

Dave

telinoz

Registered
Cliff is awesome. Many years ago he would come through Saskatoon on exhibition tours. My buddy Daryl, the hall manager / Canadian snooker champ and friend of Cliffs told me to watch closely when Cliff was playing the locals in games of 9 ball within the exhibition. Daryl said that Cliff always gives the guy a second chance, but watch how he does it. So in games his opponent would miss, then Cliff would run a few balls the pop in a ball, go three or four rails, and scratch in a corner ... ball in hand for the guy he was playing :) Or he would call a ball in the corner, miss by a bit in an attempt to go 4 rails ... he made a few and then had to resort to his multi-rail scratches. He was quite amazing to watch.

Dave
Thanks for sharing that story.
Cliff is pure class.