Cochran's unfinished,Southwest finish

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is being shipped to me today by Laurie Franklin

It will be for sale or auction ASAP when I can get pictures I will

put them up for you AZers.The cue will be a Hoppe style 4 pointer with purple,blue and white venniers with matching trim rings.Wrapped,finished and shafts by Laurie Franklin and her faithful group in Las Vegas

Whether you are a Southwest or Cochran/Scruggs fan this should please you to see
 
is being shipped to me today by Laurie Franklin

It will be for sale or auction ASAP when I can get pictures I will

put them up for you AZers.The cue will be a Hoppe style 4 pointer with purple,blue and white venniers with matching trim rings.Wrapped,finished and shafts by Laurie Franklin and her faithful group in Las Vegas

Whether you are a Southwest or Cochran/Scruggs fan this should please you to see
Can't wait to see it Dean. Thanks
 
cue arrived today
58.5
13mm
18.75
white,purple,blue,black
black with white spot
$5000 now,soon to go to bidding,$5000 start
Hoppe style
last of scruggs,cochran finished by Laurie SW pin #200....10
collectible one of a kind
 
what ever happened with this cue? i would love to see how it turned out.. does anybody have a picture of it?

thanks..chris
 
hey

cue arrived today
58.5
13mm
18.75
white,purple,blue,black
black with white spot
$5000 now,soon to go to bidding,$5000 start
Hoppe style
last of scruggs,cochran finished by Laurie SW pin #200....10
collectible one of a kind



Dean, this is one of the cues that you are donating the money to Connie Cochran. Your a true gentleman and a great friend of his family....thanks so much
 
the cue is in a very fine collection of cues.cochrans

it might be in nicks pictures on the far right

it was a real collectible,Mike ,Timmy and Laurie

it does not get any better than that,does it
 
Last edited:
Hey

Your right...it is very collectable. this was one of the ones being sold to help out the Cochran family, or am I wrong?
 
It was.

Dean is great. dean and I have both tried to buy the Cue since. It's like it went in to a dark hole.
And it is pretty.
Nick :)
 
Hey

Dean is great. dean and I have both tried to buy the Cue since. It's like it went in to a dark hole.
And it is pretty.
Nick :)



I guess I might be confused on this one.......I was under the impression that Dean had four unfinished cues and asked 4 different cuemakers to finish them up because he was going to sell them and donate the money to Connie Cochran........what are you talking about , both of you have tried to buy it. dean just said it was his.
dean, am I off base on all this?
 
the cue is in a very fine collection of cues.cochrans

it might be in nicks pictures on the far right

it was a real collectible,Mike ,Timmy and Laurie

it does not get any better than that,does it


Nick.. do you have pictures of this cue? i would love to just see it... i just saw the Searing one.. and i would like to see how SW finished this one..

lemme know.. thanks..chris
 
hey

oops....sorry Dean. I didnt realize that this cue was sold 2 years ago. Again I compliment you for donating money from the 4 cues to Connie....you were a great friend to Timmy and Mike
 
3 cues $$ to help Connie.

I guess I might be confused on this one.......I was under the impression that Dean had four unfinished cues and asked 4 different cuemakers to finish them up because he was going to sell them and donate the money to Connie Cochran........what are you talking about , both of you have tried to buy it. dean just said it was his.
dean, am I off base on all this?

There were four cues. First was finished by Dennis Searing. Second was finished by Ron Haley which i own. Third by Southwest, Fourth which was not one of Dean's had slipped my mind and finished for Steve by Tony Scianella. Sorry Steve i'm getting old maybe. lol
Bob
 
Last edited:
I am finding this a bit hard to follow
There were 3 cues,after selling the cues I did try to buy the one back.
Its no secret that I love south west cues

Eric has/had no real interest in selling,so I never got the cue back

Connie was taken care of,Laurie and Haley both did the finish without any payment in order to help Mike's widow connie

Both Ron and laurie made shafts, and did the finish work,,just to help out

Its no wonder everyone loves those guys

Bobco is the proud owner of the Haley cue,and made a very generous contribution

all of this is such old news,I don't know how it got going again

Steve and Eric are 2 guys who stood straight at a time when we all lost a friend,and
Connie lost a husband

I hope to have friends like these if I am in such a spot

Pool is usually a place for tough guys,but in this case I was proud to know these guys
 
Wasn't there also a fourth that was finished by Tony Scianella? I believe that one was made for Steve? I sure would love to see all four cues, as I'm sure others would too!
 
Wasn't there also a fourth that was finished by Tony Scianella? I believe that one was made for Steve? I sure would love to see all four cues, as I'm sure others would too!

you can find the one that was finsihed by Tony.. and the one that was finished by Dennis searing here already on the forum.. i just saw them not to long ago.. i am looking forward to seeing the southwest and the haley..

chris
 
End of an era.

3 Scruggs were finished by Searing Haley and Southwest for Deanoc
3 Cochrans were finished by Blackboar for Tikkler and Shadowmoss.
Cory Barnhart and Bob Frye were given all the cue components left in the shop.Cory has built 8 'Scruggs by Barnhart'.I do not know the status of what Bob Frye has done.
Dan Janes was given an amount of in process TS Blanks to finish for Tim. They were split up and sold to Dick Abbott and Shadowmoss.
All the in process Cochran blanks were sold to Shadowmoss.At present 1 blank is at Barnhart and 1 at Joss Cues to be finished.

Eric
 
Last edited:
A great era!

3 Scruggs were finished by Searing Haley and Southwest for Deanoc
3 Cochrans were finished by Blackboar for Tikkler and Shadowmoss.
Cory Barnhart and Bob Frye were given all the cue components left in the shop.Cory has built 8 'Scruggs by Barnhart'.I do not know the status of what Bob Frye has done.

Eric

Tim and Mike are the greatest because the legend lives on in all of our hearts and minds. Happy Fourth!
Bob
 
Back
Top