Coming INTO THE LINE of a Shot ... Everything You Need to Know

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that discusses and demonstrates all the ways to come into the line of a shot in the wide part of the shape zone, giving you more room for error with shot speed. Check it out:

Contents:
0:00 - Intro
1:34 - No Rail
2:11 - 1 Rail
2:37 - 2 Rails
6:30 - 3 Rails
9:25 - From Behind
12:13 - Safety
13:59 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

Callaghan

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Per usual, you’ve produced generous content that is well thought out and produced. Greatly appreciate your passion for teaching.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Per usual, you’ve produced generous content that is well thought out and produced. Greatly appreciate your passion for teaching.

Thanks! The filming for this video was excellent practice. That’s the kind of video I like, because it forces me to do dedicated practice.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very rudimentary stuff here, Dave, but well presented with good examples. Nice job!

Agreed. The principles are very basic, but the recognition, creativity, planning, and execution of many pool players often leave much to be desired. Hopefully, some of these people can benefit from some of the more-interesting examples in the video.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
What would be a position-play concept that is not so rudimentary? And a practical example of it?
An example of an advanced concept would be when significant English is used to curve the cue ball on its path to create the desired position line. A very common table example would be a circle draw in which the cue ball curves into the first rail, modifying the cue ball path off the natural angle into the first rail, opening up new possibilities in angle management.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
An example of an advanced concept would be when significant English is used to curve the cue ball on its path to create the desired position line. A very common table example would be a circle draw in which the cue ball curves into the first rail, modifying the cue ball path off the natural angle into the first rail, opening up new possibilities in angle management.

For those interested, some advanced position-play shots, using power and/or lots of spin, are demonstrated here: