Conceding a game.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a ring game where a guy missed and raked the balls "in the heat of the moment". I was up next and I sat in my chair and didn't say a word. Just sat there waiting for them to kick him out of the game. When he unscrewed and left I got out of my chair. After some debate it was agreed to re-rack and break.
Did the guy that raked the balls and quit in the middle of the game pay up any $ for any $ balls already made in that game or $ balls still remaining on the table? Clearly he should have.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the guy that raked the balls and quit in the middle of the game pay up any $ for any $ balls already made in that game or $ balls still remaining on the table? Clearly he should have.
It was a 10 ball ring game. Whoever makes the 10 ball wins the chips. The guy who raked unscrewed and was out.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in the heat of the moment I hit one of the opponents balls with my cue, I realized I was wrong in doing so and stopped it, put it back in place and apologized.

Usually the way it works with cue ball foul only is that after you accidentally hit or somehow foul against your opponent's balls you need to let them know and then THEY decide if they want to leave the ball where it is or put it where it was if they know where it was.
Remember they were not the ones who fouled so this puts more responsibility on the player at the table making sure they don't do this.
This isn't your situation but in the middle of a game, NOT letting them know you hit their ball and either just picking up the foul ball and putting it where it was or leaving it where it is and keep on playing is a foul and ball in hand for the incoming player.