Congrats to Danny Harriman

S

Scottster

For finishing 3rd place in the 14.1 World Championships. Danny had a higher ball count (1500) to Martin Kempter's (1422) to wrap up 3rd place and the highest finishing American. Not bad for a country boy from the sticks where 14.1 is not the most popular game of choice.

poolfire

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice

congrats danny, its nice to be able to play with a person like you every monday in our 14.1 league

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Congratulations to Danny!

Hey Scott... just think... 14 months ago all of this was just a dream.

:p :p :p

Danny is a great person and he has ALWAYS been one of the very best players in the world.

Those of us that have walked with Danny during the darkness fully understand just how sweet this success is for him.

A big thanks goes out to Scottster, Bob and Eydie Romano, and Jeff Olney - thanks for helping to make all of this a reality for a very deserving player!

A big thanks goes out to everybody that never stopped believing in Danny Harriman. Danny's success proves that anything is possible if you put enough positive energy behind it!

D

Danny Harriman

Thanks for everyone who pulled for me, this tournament meant alot to me, towards the end I just didn't have it 'under the hood' to be 1st. Someone who is a strong player recently said they didn't like 14.1 cause it's a game where both players don't allway's get to shoot. Well towards the end of the tournament the tables played very tight and in a race to 200 points I can almost assure that both players will get a shot on this equipment. There is more pressure in 14.1 however cause if you don't make the best of the few oppurtunities that you get you will then be left watching them pull away from you. Thanks to my Buddy Scottster who planted the main seed for me to come out of my shell and try to give pool another chance, and also for his tireless efforts in our Straight Pool League which allowed me to compete at the game more often. Charlie Williams, Joel Shapiro, Randy Goldwater, and many others are to be recognized for helping keep such a wonderful artistic yet competative Sport alive and well.
Sincerely, Danny