Congrats to our very own Satman!!

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Great job Sam on the fine finish in the BCA Mens' Open division. That's one of the toughest tournaments out there and 2nd place out of a ton of players is awesome. Fading alternate break and races to 5/4 is nothing to sneeze at. Oh yeah, and it's not like Danny B. is some slouch.:) Way to go!!!
 
Like I said, there are a lot of very good players on this forum. Way to go Sat! You Da Man!
 
Thanks fella"s

Williebetmore said:
If Sam see's this thread; also take a look at the other "Congrats to satman" thread (the one I already posted in):

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=99046&highlight=satman
I posted this on the other thread too:
I had a pretty good week. Once again, I went to this tourney on a tight budget. The first day I won a couple hundred on a Keno machine and managed to hold that ticket and stay on my budget. I roomed with 2 of my teammates and we always have a great time hanging out together.
As for the singles, Jay Keller, {one of my teammates} went out early, but cashed in the 2nd chance tourney.
My closest friend, JW Gaddis, won his first 6 matches, and a few in the losers side to finish in a tie for 33rd. Great shooting JW.
Brian Jones, my nephew, played really well and finished in a tie for 13th place and got $1400 back. Great shooting Brian.

I managed to stay on the winners side all the way til I ran into Danny Barnes from Michigan. We had met a few months ago at a tourney in Kokomo In.
He beat me 5-2,I think the first time. When I went to the losers side, I had to Play Shayne, from Erie Pn.... And he had been playing some great pool too. He played a couple of matches, just a table or 2 from me and I watched him a bit. When we got to 4-4, he had the break for the hill game and didn't make anything. I ran out and was ready to play Danny again.
The first set of the finals, I got a couple of rolls, and Danny actually missed a couple of chances, and I won 5-3 I think. The next set, I missed a couple of balls, and he beat me 5-2.
Even though I don't feel I played my best pool, I played pretty steady and made some really good outs when it counted.
Danny and Shayne were both absolute gentlemen during our matches. Very nice to see young players without a crappy attitude. Congrats to them both.
 
Back
Top