Congratulations John Schmidt

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So I happened across some "discussion" about John's world record run. I just want to say that the likelihood of it not being legit is very remote. Not only that there are many people involved whose reputations surely matter to them but one of my friends whom I know to be straight up has seen the video and written a very detailed review of the experience.

I personally think that they are doing this the right way to maximize the investment in time and effort and to keep it special. For 50 years Mosconi's record stood and only those present got to witness it. Now as a showcase of what breaking a 50 year old record takes they should keep it exclusive for as long as they can and allow those who have invested in it to enjoy their status as part of a small group.

I am not even into 14.1 and I would make the time and spend the money to see the show if the opportunity presented itself just to experience it.

9ballscorpion

So I happened across some "discussion" about John's world record run. I just want to say that the likelihood of it not being legit is very remote. Not only that there are many people involved whose reputations surely matter to them but one of my friends whom I know to be straight up has seen the video and written a very detailed review of the experience.

I personally think that they are doing this the right way to maximize the investment in time and effort and to keep it special. For 50 years Mosconi's record stood and only those present got to witness it. Now as a showcase of what breaking a 50 year old record takes they should keep it exclusive for as long as they can and allow those who have invested in it to enjoy their status as part of a small group.

I am not even into 14.1 and I would make the time and spend the money to see the show if the opportunity presented itself just to experience it.

It is just such an amazing feat, that many probably do not want to believe that anyone could have done it. I am also amazed that he accomplished that high run at his age. How old was he at the time? How long did he say that it took him to complete the run? I wonder how many breaks he took during the high run, because it must take a lot of stamina to walk around a pool table, and run rack after rack for hours.

He just seems like such an honest, and down to earth type of person. I believe that he really did it, but I wish that he would share the accomplishment with world.

I understand that you must go to a live private viewing, and pay an entrance fee. Sounds like fun though, and you might get to meet John. Well worth the $50 price of admission, I think.

Last edited:

kanzzo

hobby player
I just want to say that the likelihood of it not being legit is very remote.

this summarizes my point of view best.

Just from the probability point of view, someone who shot 400+ like 8 times (most available on video) is obviously capable of shooting 526. It's just a matter of time.

And if after reaching 526 the pressure is gone, shooting 100 more for John Schmidt has just a probability of about 1 in 3 to 1 in 4. So nothing spectacularly miraculous.

Yes, I would like it, if this run would be available on video and I could see it for myself. Perhaps one day I can :)

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I take it you ain't been around these parts much lately. That being said I agree with you.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
this summarizes my point of view best.

Just from the probability point of view, someone who shot 400+ like 8 times (most available on video) is obviously capable of shooting 526. It's just a matter of time.

And if after reaching 526 the pressure is gone, shooting 100 more for John Schmidt has just a probability of about 1 in 3 to 1 in 4. So nothing spectacularly miraculous.

Yes, I would like it, if this run would be available on video and I could see it for myself. Perhaps one day I can :)
Did he really ran 400+ more than 8 times? Thats impressive! yes I don't doubt that he did run the 600+ if in fact he did ran 400+ more than 8 times lol, why would I doubt him.

Anyway, are there recorded videos of the 8 times 400+ ? I know there is one which I already saw, but I want more...

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did he really ran 400+ more than 8 times? Thats impressive! yes I don't doubt that he did run the 600+ if in fact he did ran 400+ more than 8 times lol, why would I doubt him.

Anyway, are there recorded videos of the 8 times 400+ ? I know there is one which I already saw, but I want more...
Go to youtube and look up ‘John Schmidt runs.” You’ll find several of his 400+ runs.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did he really ran 400+ more than 8 times? Thats impressive! yes I don't doubt that he did run the 600+ if in fact he did ran 400+ more than 8 times lol, why would I doubt him. ...
Here's a list of John Schmidt's 8 (or 7*) runs of 400 or more (previously posted):

626 -- 5/27/2019 at Easy Street Billiards in Monterey, CA. Ended with a miss on a combination shot after pocketing 10 balls in the 45th rack.

490 -- 5/15/2019 at Easy Street Billiards. Ended with a miss on a difficult break shot for the 36th rack.

464 -- 4/16/2019 at Bull Shooters Billiards & Sports Bar in Phoenix, AZ. Ended with a miss on a long, nearly straight shot after the break shot (made 2 balls) in the 34th rack.

434* -- 12/3/2018 at Easy Street Billiards. Ended with a scratch (a massé-like turn of the cue ball) on the break shot for the 32nd rack. It appears that John touched an object ball with his finger as he lined up for ball #102 of this run, so some people feel this run ended at 101 rather than 434.

421 -- 5/9/2019 at Easy Street Billiards. Ended on a jacked-up miss of the 2nd ball of the 31st rack.

407 -- 11/26/2019 at Easy Street Billiards

403 -- 10/13/2007 at Q-Master Billiards in Virginia Beach, VA

400 -- 6/28/2004 at Hidden Pocket Billiards in Milton, FL

[If anyone is certain of any other details on the 407, 403, or 400, please let us know. And let me know of any errors in the above info.]

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps this has been discussed before, but wasn't John live streaming his runs? Was that not the case for his 626 or was nobody watching it from beginning to end online live action?

kanzzo

hobby player
464 -- 4/16/2019 at Bull Shooters Billiards & Sports Bar in Phoenix, AZ. Ended with a miss on a long, nearly straight shot after the break shot (made 2 balls) in the 34th rack.
this one was a 450, you have one rack too much

kanzzo

hobby player
the bigger runs I have in my collection (found for free on the net mostly, though I did buy some dvds from John and from Accu-Stats):

John Schmidt [2019.04.16] 464
John Schmidt [2018.12.03] 434
John Schmidt [2019.05.09] 421
John Schmidt [2019.04.15] (395 run recording starting at ball 210)
John Schmidt [2019.04.09] 390
John Schmidt 366 from 2012
John Schmidt [2019.04.07] 350
John Schmidt [2019.04.15] 320
John Schmidt 294 on a Diamond (ownDVD) - think this is the only one not available for free
John Schmidt [2019.04.01.5] 293
John Schmidt [2019.04.07.3] 283

so pm me, if interested in some of this. With the exception of 294 on a Diamond, which is still for sale to my knowledge, I can help you to find the rest.

If more people are interested, please let me know (moderator, friends of John, John himself) if I would violate any copyrights or if it would be ok to share these videos on my youtube channel and provide the links here on the forum.

Last edited:

kanzzo

hobby player
John Schmidt [2019.04.16] 464
John Schmidt [2018.12.03] 434
John Schmidt [2019.05.09] 421
John Schmidt 366 from 2012

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... 407 -- 11/(27±2)/2019 at Easy Street Billiards ...
This run was on Monday, Nov. 26th, 2018 during Challenge II. It was preceded that day by a 112 and a 236. The previous day saw 11 runs of 100+.

In all of his tries in the high run challenge, John had about 312 runs of 100 or more. (Runs from 100 to 200 were not noted during Challenge I, but 237 were recorded in challenges II-IV, which gives an estimate of 75 unrecorded 100-199 runs in Challenge I.)

Here's a list of John's highest runs I got from Doug Desmond on 27 May 2019. Note that seven of the eleven runs were in March, April and May of 2019.

MonthYearHigh RunCityState
May2019626MontereyCalifornia
May2019490MontereyCalifornia
April2019464PhoenixArizona
December2018434MontereyCalifornia
May2019421MontereyCalifornia
November2018407MontereyCalifornia
September2007403Chesapeake (Va. Beach)Virginia
June2004400MiltonFlorida
April2019395PhoenixArizona
April2019390PhoenixArizona
March2019384PhoenixArizona

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations!! and remember if you ever want to give free lessons that I'm the one who congratulated you 1st!! (if you don't count all those other people who congratulated you before I did :cool: )