Cops called to the pool hall

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last weekend the cops were called to the pool hall. Seems 2 guys came in refusing to wear masks. No incident occured since they decided to leave kust before the cops came.

Any of you see such incidents as this at your local establishment ?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last weekend the cops were called to the pool hall. Seems 2 guys came in refusing to wear masks. No incident occured since they decided to leave kust before the cops came.

Any of you see such incidents as this at your local establishment ?
No

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had an idiot threaten an old timer who asked him to put on a mask. About 10 of us surrounded him and politely asked him to leave or stay take a beating. Would not have ended well for him.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had an idiot threaten an old timer who asked him to put on a mask. About 10 of us surrounded him and politely asked him to leave or stay take a beating. Would not have ended well for him.
Most places have been open for about 3 months now. A couole were shut down for failure to follow county guidelines.

There have been no issues from the regulars and i have never seen these 2 guys before. No threats were hurled by anyone...They just took offense to the no mask no service policy and refused to leave. Then they thought better of it after the cops were called.

Flowerbomb

When businesses were first allowed to re-open around here, a couple of the pool halls got shut down. I think it was because they weren't following social distancing guidelines and enforcing mask wearing. Everything has re-opened since and back in business.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problems where we have our league play. They have 8 tables, and have leagues on Monday thru Wednesday, with all tables full except for Tuesday, which is a somewhat smaller league. No masks required, as the sheriff dept said they will not enforce it anyway, and business owner does not feel threatened as to loosing his license. We probably have 15% or so of the players wearing masks, and no league player that we know of has come down with covid. A few have dropped from league due to close family members with compromising medical issues, but so far we have not had an issue with getting subs to fill in, by using players from the other nights leagues, and regular subs on our sub lists. All of our players seem to respect the other players viewpoints here, and come to have fun playing pool. While my wife and I do not wear masks, we always bring a mask with, and would have no issue wearing them, if the team we were playing asked us to, but so far, have not been asked.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
When we first started having the pool rooms open again, in late spring, there were many folks that were vocally against wearing masks, saying they wouldn't do it, or wouldn't come. Now, a few months later, most of them are still playing, and wearing masks...once they realized that the room would be shut down if they didn't do so. Guess they wanted to play...

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool table in my basement solves that problem. I can't breathe good with a mask so I stay home.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It would be nice if people filled out their profile and included their location, especially when the thread is location based.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Personally, if a business called the cops on me for something like this I would never return to that business again.
If you would like your business to be able to remain open, you might very well call the police, if the patrons forced you to that point. Our pool hall here was warned, cited and fined...eventually, they started enforcing the local mandates, in order to remain open. His customers, that want him to remain open and appreciate his business being there, complied.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be nice if people filled out their profile and included their location, especially when the thread is location based.
Why? OP just asked a general question. I don't see why anyone would put their location down on any forum.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
I used to have my location in my profile, but changed it to something more generic due to a recent event on here. I get what you're saying, but some folks have valid reasons for not including it.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i bet more people would come and play if the mask rule was strictly enforced. the few that wont would more than be made up for.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Covid virus is still raging all across the country with more people dying than at any time before. And some people still chose to ignore the fact that wearing a mask provides protection both for yourself and others. They use the argument about "personal freedom." What about protecting other people, does that matter? I think we all can agree that in many states it's mandatory to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle and seat belts are mandatory everywhere! Try telling a cop about your "personal freedom" when he writes you a ticket for not following those rules. The threat of Covid is just as real and just as deadly.