COVID-19 & Pool Playing / Pool Cues

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Who would you tax? the poor? what kind of *.gov do you think we would have if we took the bottom 10% and taxed everything they earn? Not enough to open the doors of our *.gov institutions !

To those who have been given much, much is demanded.

Yes death and taxes. The income tax wasn’t ours until 1913 (when they finally figured out a way around the fact that the Supreme Court found it unconstitutional). We changed then and we can change again. People just have to stop being scared and demand it. Why cling to a broken system? There are too many Ill informed people out there and too many that don’t want to make the effort to learn. The government pits the classes against each other. I’m sick of hearing about the rich not paying their fair share. The poor don’t pay income tax, they get money back, plus welfare. If the government really cared about the poor the would cut out the bloat and give that to them.
In my opinion the best tax reform is the Fair Tax Act. It’s a consumption tax that eliminates the need for the income tax and gets rid of the IRS so they can’t sneak it back in. It still helps the poor, supports the government, criminals and illegals start paying for the country they are living in, and you don’t lose a big chunk of your paycheck every month.

https://fairtax.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another thread gone off the rails.

When asked about cues (and guns), my only replay is I have more than I need but not as many as I want. Collecting in itself is different for each collector. I have collections of different objects many decades in their building. I won't list them here. As I near retirement however I began to examine each collection with a thought to what ultimately will happen to the collection and seeing possible downsizing in my future I began to thin them out (except for the guns).

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank God For FDR.

:frown:
Most people are unable to save and invest--witness the bottom half of families have a combined net worth of $0.00

While those that are able to save and invest, I ask you what does one do with a 55 year old mother of 3, smoker, who's career choice was taking care of disabled children. She ends up making a bit over $12K per year.

Where does she find savings to invest? after paying rent, utilities, food, clothing, medical insurance, ...

I completely concur with your post and general sentiments about the value and
importance of Social Security. My post was simply to rebuke the thought that I am
receiving a handout when I receive my monthly Social Security disbursement. That
is pure bullshit because I contributed to this program and so I think of it as a annuity
but the difference is there’s no remainder for any of my children as income beneficiaries.

I am not resentful about Social Security except for the requirement in the Disability part
that requires switching from Federal Disability benefits to Social Security benefits. The
system says you forfeit all disability benefits as soon as you reach the age of 66. That is
really not fair because if you were still on disability coverage and were intending to return
to work and retire at age 70 in order to get maximum Social Security benefits, you can’t.
Once you start your Social Security, it gets locked in. I know this because if I could have
waited to file at age 70, I’d be receiving $860 more in monthly Social Security benefits. I
was on SSDI awaiting more surgeries. My coverage ended at age 66 and SS was started.

That is the only drawback and complaint I have about Social Security and despite it, I am
an advocate of Social Security and believe that it should be funded at a lower payroll rate
than currently but it should be for 52 weeks. Social Security should get paid out out every
payroll check but at a lower rate than currently. This would make the system better funded.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
1f3cd511010db4cac4aca61d87620b64.jpg

Well just got home from finally getting back to some league play. The pool halls were allowed to reopen here in south Florida recently. Some bars have been open longer at half capacity if they also had a restaurant license. So a few of us have been meeting on Fridays for dinner and then some friendly games on the barbox. Not all the teams came back though. Fortunately my team stuck together and we played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
No.

Ron Paul is a famous conservative whose name has been co-opted by lunatics and conspiracy theorists.

Same deal, if a plane crashes, do the victims dies of broken necks or a plane crash? Look at how many more people in the US have been hospitalized or died this year. Call it 'pneunonia' or 'organ failure' if you want, just look at the death rate and not the politics

Pool players aren't usually the models of perfect health, and should really take this seriously. Permanent respiratory issues or dying doesn't feel worth it if you take a year off from the game to avoid it.

Unfortunately, this country's population has shown how trashy we really are by continuing to argue about things as simple as "stay home unless absolutely necessary" and "just wear a mask to stop the spread of virus".

Dude, just stop it. Yes, Covid is a real virus that came from China. However, we do know that most folks that does were already dying. Did people really think someone with cancer, heart disease, and lung disease were not going to die? The avg age of Covid death is 77, about the same age as normal life expectancy.

If this truly was as bad as they want u to believe why In the hell did they keep gun stores, liquor stores and hardware stores open. Oh, and allow protesters and looters continue during a pandemic..... how’s that for trashy when these cowards were not only infecting people but shooting folks in the head...I’m sure that was counted as covid related as well.

I stopped going to a Home Depot because it’s so fuking crowded the last few months, they are doing great business.

Trump is 73, got Covid and was fine a few days later. Oh, that’s right, he was not currently dying from some disease. Not to mention many hospitals got money for each and every covid death, and they took the money not to be dishonest but a guy on his death bed go COVID.

So we shut the entire country down for some dead seniors...but when children were dying from the flu for centuries, we never shut anything down, weird huh?

If this was so bad, the survival rate would not be 99.7 % for folks age 1 - 69.

The gosh damn flu killed 80k Americans just a few years ago and I will bet there was not even a post in AZB about it...

Even The WHO is saying lock downs were a big mistake by the medical community.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Trump is 73, got Covid and was fine a few days later. Oh, that’s right, he was not currently dying from some disease. Not to mention many hospitals got money for each and every covid death, and they took the money not to be dishonest but a guy on his death bed go COVID.

So we shut the entire country down for some dead seniors...but when children were dying from the flu for centuries, we never shut anything down, weird huh?

I think if everyone had the same access to healthcare that Trump got, this would be a very different discussion.

The "dishonest reporting" nonsense got old fast. Speaking of getting old, do you know how many people died of "old age" this year?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I think if everyone had the same access to healthcare that Trump got, this would be a very different discussion.

The "dishonest reporting" nonsense got old fast. Speaking of getting old, do you know how many people died of "old age" this year?

Not the same medical access as Trump, the same medical access of every person in Congress. Funny, none of them use Obamacare, huh?

How is it being dishonest reporting when I'm citing the CDC? Remember, listen to the experts we were told, right?

And the answer is zero people died of old age. The same thing with COVID. It was a factor but it certainly is not what killed them. They were dying, they were sick, or their systems were so compromised they could not fight it. That happens to old people, and will happen to you and me as well. The flu does the same thing every year to tens of thousands of Americans, it kills them. Only, the flu is not concerned with folks age, it will kill children and healthy people as well. And we don't wreck the economy and throw folks out of work due to the flu.

Again, if this was so bad, why did they keep all the stores open like Target, Home Depot, Liquor stores, etc. I mean, my god, surely buying new paint for your kitchen is not "essential" during a pandemic, is it?
They closed schools for a virus that has a survival rate in children of 99.997%. More kids died from the flu every year for the last 50 years than of COVID but the schools were never closed before. Oh, wait, maybe they were not election years ;)

Stuffing sick folks into nursing homes like they did in NY and other places was beyond stupid, but then again, I"m not a governor, so maybe i'm just not that smart. lol

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Not the same medical access as Trump, the same medical access of every person in Congress. Funny, none of them use Obamacare, huh?

How is it being dishonest reporting when I'm citing the CDC? Remember, listen to the experts we were told, right?

And the answer is zero people died of old age. The same thing with COVID. It was a factor but it certainly is not what killed them. They were dying, they were sick, or their systems were so compromised they could not fight it. That happens to old people, and will happen to you and me as well. The flu does the same thing every year to tens of thousands of Americans, it kills them. Only, the flu is not concerned with folks age, it will kill children and healthy people as well. And we don't wreck the economy and throw folks out of work due to the flu.

Again, if this was so bad, why did they keep all the stores open like Target, Home Depot, Liquor stores, etc. I mean, my god, surely buying new paint for your kitchen is not "essential" during a pandemic, is it?
They closed schools for a virus that has a survival rate in children of 99.997%. More kids died from the flu every year for the last 50 years than of COVID but the schools were never closed before. Oh, wait, maybe they were not election years ;)

Stuffing sick folks into nursing homes like they did in NY and other places was beyond stupid, but then again, I"m not a governor, so maybe i'm just not that smart. lol

The old NEWS is "MEMBER of Congress" are exempt from ACA, they have Roll Royce care, their staff are sadly under ACA. I know this a a friend was Congressional Staff, he was on his Wife GREAT PLAN. She is employeed in a State were their employee were example.

The rich,weathy, or those with big bucks, just pay out of pocket, and get the best care dollars can buy.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You May Not Agree But The Truth Awaits You Every Day.

Let’s not just spew lies, falsehoods, misinformation and distorted facts about COVID-19.

Forget about for the moment the genuine crisis confronting the world and in turn our nation.
This virus has resurged across the world and infections are on the rise virtually everywhere.
To deny this is akin to a debate about the world being flat versus round. Both are indisputable.

When you turn this discussion to politics, that’s where it really gets thrown off track even worse
because we have a President that is stupid & led to being last in COVID-19 public heath safety.
His defenders will say this or that and he’s done a good job but the truth is most countries have
not done a good job. So when you have the incredibly high morbidity and mortality rates the USA
has had and worse, continues experiencing, it is only pure obstinacy that drives thinking the virus
isn’t the biggest threat of our lifetime. Forget about the election because it’s been already decided.

Think of right now like the end of the Civil War drawing near. Countless lives have been lost fighting
for a futile cause in a futile war that could never be won. The confederate soldiers still fought every
day valiantly all the time knowing the war was coming to a conclusion and they were going to lose.
But still they fought on sacrificing themselves while trying to kill the enemy and win the battle. And
indeed some small skirmishes and battles were won but it had no effect on the outcome that was
coming. It was unavoidable because the war was never winnable and the South knew they were
going to lose but they still fought on and more lives were needlessly lost until the war finally ended.

The election is decided and it is not a fraudulent election. Remember the Presidential Committee #45
created when he assumed office. On Jan. 3, 2018 he disbanded it because they could not find “any”
evidence of widespread voter fraud in the USA. Republican Kansas Secretary of State, Kris Kobach,
headed the commission and the final report issued stated in plain language there wasn’t any evidence
whatsoever of widespread voter fraud. There has not been any record of voter fraud prosecuted by the
federal government that these charlatans like to say will occur with this upcoming election. In America,
our elections are fair even though we might not like the outcome like when #45 got elected. But this time
the election is about him & the American public is saying he’s a mistake and he’s being voted out of office.

Look, nothing is going to change the vote outcome. #45 is gone.....Adios......so let’s pay attention to what
you can do about COVID-19 which will still be a threat after Joe Biden becomes President in January. A
lot can still be done before that time to defeat this virus. When President Obama left office, #45 inherited
a economy that was incredibly healthier than the recession Joe Biden was faced with. Look at what has
happened with our national debt that Joe will be faced with. The same is true of COVID-19 when Joe takes
his oath of office......the projection is 400,000 Americans will be dead from this virus. And once again, Joe
is faced with rebuilding an economy that is shredded and burdened with economic challenges borne from
the way this virus was allowed to spread across the USA, and throughout the WH and Pentagon Chiefs of
Staff. Our nation’s political and military leaders became infected and had to be quarantined to avoid the
spread of this virus. Folks, this shit is real, and the dead bodies will continue to mount day by day because
you cannot ski in front of an avalanche and escape. It will roll over you and unless we immediately change
national behavior towards complying with CDC guidelines in all 50 states, we’ll lose a lot more Americans
than the death toll will be when Joe Biden becomes President because the avalanche will have started.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let’s not just spew lies, falsehoods, misinformation and distorted facts about COVID-19.

Forget about for the moment the genuine crisis confronting the world and in turn our nation.
This virus has resurged across the world and infections are on the rise virtually everywhere.
To deny this is akin to a debate about the world being flat versus round. Both are indisputable.

When you turn this discussion to politics, that’s where it really gets thrown off track even worse
because we have a President that is stupid & led to being last in COVID-19 public heath safety.
His defenders will say this or that and he’s done a good job but the truth is most countries have
not done a good job. So when you have the incredibly high morbidity and mortality rates the USA
has had and worse, continues experiencing, it is only pure obstinacy that drives thinking the virus
isn’t the biggest threat of our lifetime. Forget about the election because it’s been already decided.

Think of right now like the end of the Civil War drawing near. Countless lives have been lost fighting
for a futile cause in a futile war that could never be won. The confederate soldiers still fought every
day valiantly all the time knowing the war was coming to a conclusion and they were going to lose.
But still they fought on sacrificing themselves while trying to kill the enemy and win the battle. And
indeed some small skirmishes and battles were won but it had no effect on the outcome that was
coming. It was unavoidable because the war was never winnable and the South knew they were
going to lose but they still fought on and more lives were needlessly lost until the war finally ended.

The election is decided and it is not a fraudulent election. Remember the Presidential Committee #45
created when he assumed office. On Jan. 3, 2018 he disbanded it because they could not find “any”
evidence of widespread voter fraud in the USA. Republican Kansas Secretary of State, Kris Kobach,
headed the commission and the final report issued stated in plain language there wasn’t any evidence
whatsoever of widespread voter fraud. There has not been any record of voter fraud prosecuted by the
federal government that these charlatans like to say will occur with this upcoming election. In America,
our elections are fair even though we might not like the outcome like when #45 got elected. But this time
the election is about him & the American public is saying he’s a mistake and he’s being voted out of office.

Look, nothing is going to change the vote outcome. #45 is gone.....Adios......so let’s pay attention to what
you can do about COVID-19 which will still be a threat after Joe Biden becomes President in January. A
lot can still be done before that time to defeat this virus. When President Obama left office, #45 inherited
a economy that was incredibly healthier than the recession Joe Biden was faced with. Look at what has
happened with our national debt that Joe will be faced with. The same is true of COVID-19 when Joe takes
his oath of office......the projection is 400,000 Americans will be dead from this virus. And once again, Joe
is faced with rebuilding an economy that is shredded and burdened with economic challenges borne from
the way this virus was allowed to spread across the USA, and throughout the WH and Pentagon Chiefs of
Staff. Our nation’s political and military leaders became infected and had to be quarantined to avoid the
spread of this virus. Folks, this shit is real, and the dead bodies will continue to mount day by day because
you cannot ski in front of an avalanche and escape. It will roll over you and unless we immediately change
national behavior towards complying with CDC guidelines in all 50 states, we’ll lose a lot more Americans
than the death toll will be when Joe Biden becomes President because the avalanche will have started.

What kind of cues do you own?

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very well written Bavafongoul. It is enjoyable to read a coherent thoughtful post on a pool forum (sorry, just my experiences with many but not all pool players). I don't count my chickens before they hatch so I won't talk about Biden as POTUS. But if he does become POTUS he will have a lot of work ahead of him.This country is so fractured. Not even sure another 9/11 would get our citizens to coalesce.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Forget about for the moment the genuine crisis confronting the world and in turn our nation..

So, meanwhile, you type out a huge list of bull shit.... lol

Meanwhile, the WHO just announce lockdowns are not the right thing to do and it actually hurt if killed more folks in the long term. Which goes to my point I brought up months ago, why is home fuking depot open but not a pool hall?

Nobody can answer that, but as a former lobbyist I can answer it, they were protected by politicians. As were most of the big businesses, so the small ones without the political pull had to close..... yeah, that’s fair.

Did it hurt my Chalk’s sales, or course. Did I care? No. I have a full time career, but many other folks in the I pool world it’s their only means of income and they got hurt for no reason except for political stupidity like I’ve never seen before.

Close the economy but not the one who donated big sums of cash..... yes, deadly indeed, huh?

Last edited: