CTE and Stevie Moore back in the City of Angels

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If CTE / Pro One interests you at all please feel free to contact me. stevietheblade@gmail.com. Tourney starts Friday at 11:00 am. Come out and support some of the best players in the game.

BLADE

TrumanHW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If CTE / Pro One interests you at all please feel free to contact me. stevietheblade@gmail.com. Tourney starts Friday at 11:00 am. Come out and support some of the best players in the game.

BLADE

Politely, I've never understood how a CTE system can account for anything more than the novice tendency to line up "full" and then adjust outward. Thus, CTE working to correct novice feet position tendencies. On the other hand, if the OB/CB are very close to each other, I'd imagine that CTE would far from get the feet/body in the right place.

I also feel 'systems' are reference points, but not aiming 'solutions'... which is what I perceive the intended marketing to represent.

Do I misunderstand?

JC

Coos Cues
Stevie wasn't very clear but it sounds to me like he is offering his services for lessons while in LA?

JC

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie wasn't very clear but it sounds to me like he is offering his services for lessons while in LA?

JC

You hit the nail on the head JC.

And to put in a good word for Stevie, he is an excellent teacher and a great player.

JC

Coos Cues
You hit the nail on the head JC.

And to put in a good word for Stevie, he is an excellent teacher and a great player.

I wish I was closer to LA. I would love to have someone as qualified as Stevie help me understand CTE. I bought the DVD and just can't seem to connect the dots but I know there's something to it because of the smart people who vouch for it.

JC

TrumanHW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I was closer to LA. I would love to have someone as qualified as Stevie help me understand CTE. I bought the DVD and just can't seem to connect the dots but I know there's something to it because of the smart people who vouch for it.

JC

You have good signatures JC.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're in LA, love pool and don't take advantage of this you're missing out in a huge way. Stevie is a great instructor, player and person. Don't want to learn CTE/Pro One? Stevie can work with you on whatever facets of your game you wish.

JC

Coos Cues
You have good signatures JC.

The first one my ex wife told me a short while before she ran off with her soulmate. :wave2: I like it even though she obviously didn't believe it.

The second one Johnny Archer said at a clinic I attended last year. I don't give him credit for it but maybe I should?

JC

BLADE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Politely, I've never understood how a CTE system can account for anything more than the novice tendency to line up "full" and then adjust outward. Thus, CTE working to correct novice feet position tendencies. On the other hand, if the OB/CB are very close to each other, I'd imagine that CTE would far from get the feet/body in the right place.

I also feel 'systems' are reference points, but not aiming 'solutions'... which is what I perceive the intended marketing to represent.

Do I misunderstand?

CTE is visual system. Your eyes lead you and your body will follow. Feet included.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Do I misunderstand?

Equally politely, you clearly don't understand what CTE/Pro One is all about or how it works. The CTE (center to edge) is only a portion of it, a small one at that.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Truman: while you might have some interesting points, you'll want to take it to the aiming subforum.
That forum literally exists today because of all the arguing that surrounded CTE aiming.
Though you're being respectful, something about the topic brings out a ton of negativity,
and tens of thousands of replies. So they try to keep the inevitable flame wars out of sight.

TrumanHW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truman: while you might have some interesting points, you'll want to take it to the aiming subforum.
That forum literally exists today because of all the arguing that surrounded CTE aiming.
Though you're being respectful, something about the topic brings out a ton of negativity,
and tens of thousands of replies. So they try to keep the inevitable flame wars out of sight.

That's awesome (and funny). Duly noted.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, I have been waiting for him to return to LA but both of the ladies in my life are scheduled for back surgery. My daughter for four level cervical (radical) and my wife for
multi-level lumbar.

What is your time frame Stevie?

Typical of my luck lately. Need knee surgery, diagnosed with Macular Degeneration and dominant eye slipped from 20/20 to 20/50. But if I stay on the right side of the grass all can be overcome.