CTE and throw

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
"Thousands."

So another way to look at it is: 999 to go to your first grand :)

Lou Figueroa
should be easy

Hmmmm, that would be your first one to a grand. He is a former CTE user and advised he does not care for it. Thus, one dissatisfied customer. My question stands. Just cause you changed the wording does not change the outcome. I'm asking for all CTE actual users to tell us if they are dissatisfied with the results. Thus, we have one on record thus far.

PS: Are you going to anwer the question ? You can only dodge for so long before folks wonder why you won't take the stand,, just saying..

Last edited:

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cte? lol

another naysayer. least for me it seems like a way to shoot shots without knowing where to really hit. ymmv
PIITH aiming works better for me.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
another naysayer. least for me it seems like a way to shoot shots without knowing where to really hit. ymmv

well, thanks for the reply. I wish I could say the same about Lou, ouch !!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on Lou.... If you are gonna change my words at least COLOR them so I know something was changed and thus I have to re-read my same post again......

The question remains still that for some reason you keep dodging? Not sure why.

Do you believe that hundreds of folks (combined) bought DVD's, books and/or took personal lessons with a CTE instructor? YES or NO.

Come on Lou... I'm asking you point blank, no word changing, no re-posts, not tirades about CTE, no smart alecky wordsmithing, but a simple answer to a very simple question. What say you ??

I apologize for missing it -- honestly, the only reason I've been here so much the last few days is that I'm sitting in front of these two computers transferring files and tweaking the new one. I drop in here at high speed for comedic relief.

To answer your question: yes, I do believe several dozen folks have bought the one DV out there. I also believe a few hundred folks have received lessons that touched on CTE, among many other topics. I have a pretty good pool library and I don't believe many have read much on CTE because there's not much out there on it, per se, though other variants have been described. On line I know you can visit Dr. Dave's excellent web site to read about it.

I go to a number of tournaments each year and get to travel around the country quite a bit, and when I do, or even just go to my local room, and ask players, "So, what do you think of CTE?" I get nothing but blanks stares, or a pro saying, "I hang out with a lot of pros and none of them are using aiming systems or I would have heard about it." (That last little sound bite may have made it onto a Sammy Depp vid, but I don't know for sure.)

I also believe that people can watch DVDs and pay for lessons and a few weeks (or even just a few days) later have forgotten how to make a system work, or decide it's not for them. Maybe they didn't even learn it right the in the first place, or the DVD posed more questions than provide answers). Years ago I learned the Sid End Rail Kicking System, which is a useful thing to know as a 1pocket player. But, now I have my own system for 1 rail kicks that I have far more confidence in.

So, did I learn the system? Yes.

Do I now use the system? No.

And that's how I feel about CTE, given all the above. Did a lot of people learn it? Sure. Are there a few hard core fanatics that still use it? Sure. Are there thousands and hundreds using it today? Most probably not.

It all reminds me of the old guy they recently busted down in Florida for tagging lamp posts with the initials of some group. After they booked the guy turns out he's the only one who belongs :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/charles-wesley-graffiti-grandpa_n_924620.html

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But did you ever learn CTE from an instructor? Its easy to have an opinion but we are looking for people who had a lesson and are against using it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah. On the Carson show Lou would have been invited to the couch. Dave? Straight to a commercial. For Geritol.

Rich <---- I guess I'm showing my age here

Even Lou admitted I won that round.

When feeling good Lou is a worthy adversary.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, I do believe several dozen folks have bought the one DV out there. Lou Figueroa

You are correct, Lou. Dozens and dozens have bought my DVD. At first I started to order only a 1000 but I thought while I am at it, I might as well go with 2000. I am glad I did because if I hadn't ordered 2000 I would now be ordering an additional 1000. I am closing in on 750 orders and orders are continuing to be processed regularly.

I am extremely pleased with how my DVD has been received. DVDs are in every state except Hawaii. The are serveral dozen DVDs outside of the United States.

A sample viewing of my DVD can be seen at justcueit.com

Stan

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are correct, Lou. Dozens and dozens have bought my DVD. At first I started to order only a 1000 but I thought while I am at it, I might as well go with 2000. I am glad I did because if I hadn't ordered 2000 I would now be ordering an additional 1000. I am closing in on 750 orders and orders are continuing to be processed regularly.

I am extremely pleased with how my DVD has been received. DVDs are in every state except Hawaii. The are serveral dozen DVDs outside of the United States.

A sample viewing of my DVD can be seen at justcueit.com

Stan

As I've said numerous times already: buying the DVD (which is riddled with holes) and watching the DVD does not mean people end up using the system. It only means you've sold a lot of DVDs.

Kevin Trudeau has sold a lot of books -- not making a direct comparison, just sayin'.

If you'd like, I can re-post my review of your DVD, or, I can repost my last significant comments on this subject (which somehow got deleted ;-) from a few months back.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I've said numerous times already: buying the DVD (which is riddled with holes) and watching the DVD does not mean people end up using the system.

If you'd like, I can re-post my review of your DVD.

Lou Figueroa

I have no fear of your review. You have been against CTE for over a decade and that is no secret........I'd say hundreds if not thousands would agree.

Stan

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no fear of your review. You have been against CTE for over a decade and that is no secret........I'd say hundreds if not thousands would agree.

Stan

lol. There are those numbers again. You guys could float the Goodyear Blimp.

So, let me ask you this:

I think it would be fair to say that most of your buyers heard about your DVD here, no?

So where are the "...hundreds if not thousands..." who would agree about anything?

Use your web site, your student contacts, your Twitter, Facebook, and gather your huddle CTE using masses.

You got like one guy so far. Where are these legions you speak of using your system making balls with gay abandon or willing to agree that I've been against CTE for decades.

1000's. What a joke.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol. There are those numbers again. You guys could float the Goodyear Blimp.

So, let me ask you this:

I think it would be fair to say that most of your buyers heard about your DVD here, no?

So where are the "...hundreds if not thousands..." who would agree about anything?

Use your web site, your student contacts, your Twitter, Facebook, and gather your huddle CTE using masses.

You got like one guy so far. Where are these legions you speak of using your system making balls with gay abandon or willing to agree that I've been gainst CTE for decades.

1000's. What a joke.

Lou Figueroa

Lou, I do not have a total of number of users, but I do know that many, many players around the US are using CTE/PRO ONE. IN fact, the St. Louis area got a couple new users just a few weeks ago.

Lou, I simply meant that with 20,000 plus AZ members of which many keep up with these threads, there must be a sizable number that know you are not too keen on CTE and have not been since the old forum days. That's all....I said decade not decades.

Lou, have a great day!

Stan

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, I do not have a total of number of users, but I do know that many, many players around the US are using CTE/PRO ONE. IN fact, the St. Louis area got a couple new users just a few weeks ago.

Lou, I simply meant that with 20,000 plus AZ members of which many keep up with these threads, there must be a sizable number that know you are not too keen on CTE and have not been since the old forum days. That's all....I said decade not decades.

Lou, have a great day!

Stan

Stan, I don't think anyone could have a problem with terminology like: "sizable number," "many, many players," or "a couple of new users."

"Thousands" and "hundreds," yes.

That's all. Have a good one.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I would like to report that a sizable number of people have now purchased my forthcoming Ebook - http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=241386 Yes I know, this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread but I felt it would be ok to follow the trend.

I expect over time that hundreds if not thousands or millions will benefit from this information. No need for people to waste millions of dollars buying cases using the trial and error method, they can get the right information and shorten their learning curve immensely and end up with a case that serves them well for as long as they want to use it. And it can be passed on to others along with the information that led to it's purchase.

So hurry and get yours today before the stock runs out. Oh ok it's a digital book and stock doesn't run out....but hurry anyway since Karen and I need to buy lunch and we could use a few more sales to pay for it. ;->