CTE - SP's (sight points?) / SL's (sight lines?)

Jucas

Registered
I've been using basic CTE for awhile, but using older information.

Watching the new "Truth Series" videos from Stan I get what is going on with the different lines.

But does anyone have a diagram or can at least explain simply what the different SP/SL alignments are on CB/OB for the 15/30/45/60?

I plan on ordering the book soon, but in the meantime would like to work on this on the table.

Thanks.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
DSC_9240.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've been using basic CTE for awhile, but using older information.

Watching the new "Truth Series" videos from Stan I get what is going on with the different lines.

But does anyone have a diagram or can at least explain simply what the different SP/SL alignments are on CB/OB for the 15/30/45/60?

I plan on ordering the book soon, but in the meantime would like to work on this on the table.

Thanks.
I will pm you.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well typical reply from person with CLOSED MIND.

Out of curiosity have you actually spend any amount of time try to learn CTE❓
Listen, i said nothing about the system or can you NOT fkng read??? I was just alluding to the usual drama and such that goes on here. There is something wrong with you. BTW, i have the original dvd set and have talked to Stan in person at a tournament. I know a little about it. Do you???????????

Last edited:

Jucas

Registered
So I went back through the New Truth Series videos, specifically the shot videos.

Does this look correct? Anyone have anything to add? Can someone clarify where to SP30 aim point actually is? Is it just center to edge?

15 degree
AL
CB-Edge to A/C

PX
Inside CB-1/4 to OB-Center

SL
CB-Center to OB-Outside 1/4

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.40.44 PM.png

30 degree
AL
CB-Edge to B

PX
Inside CB 1/4 to Outside OB 1/4

SL
CCB to SP30

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.42.55 PM.png

45 degree
AL
CB-Edge to C

Px
Inside CB 1/4 to outside OB edge (1/16th inside to center)

SL
Half inch from outside CB edge

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.49.02 PM.png

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here we go. Put on your seat-belts and get the popcorn ready. ;)
Listen, i said nothing about the system or can you NOT fkng read??? I was just alluding to the usual drama and such that goes on here. There is something wrong with you. BTW, i have the original dvd set and have talked to Stan in person at a tournament. I know a little about it. Do you???????????

Garczar sits down and buckles up. Grabs the bucket of coconut oil popcorn. Starts eating. Reads a post. Stops eating. Puts down the popcorn and unbuckles his seat belt. Stands up and bitch slaps someone.

Meanwhile, Dan is all buckled up and eating some popcorn. 🍿

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Boxcar is wondering if there are going to be any new Pool books out for Christmas.

Reactions: bbb

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well you sound like this doctor who told me he did his residency in same hospital as famous pulmonologist. Pass the guy in the hall did not make this other doctors an expert in pulmonary medicine.

He was an expert maybe in another area of the body where💩 leaves.

CTE is like a Tool, take time to master. Still working to master.

tomatoshooter

Are Cocobolo and Garczar arguing even thought both seem to think CTE has some merit?

FWIW, Lil Chris has done a couple of videos on it and I'm seeing how it can have some value. It gives more reference points, or at least more concrete ones than half ball, quarter ball, etc. Especially when the center of the cue ball is aimed to the side of the object ball, a reference point on the ball itself can be nice. It's just very non-intuitive for me to juggle aiming points on both the cue and object ball, more offset here, less there, then the other way around. Aiming with the ghost ball system and maybe cutting a little more to account for throw makes perfect sense to me, even if the points of reference are not as easy to pick up accurately. For me to look at a shot and think that's x degrees, I need to offset my cue to the inside and aim the center of my cue at this point on the object ball, then pivot, etc., I can't remember that. I definitely need to spend more time on it, and it can be very accurate, but I shoot best when I just see the ball, see the pocket line and make the cue ball contact the object ball opposite the pocket.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Are Cocobolo and Garczar arguing even thought both seem to think CTE has some merit?

FWIW, Lil Chris has done a couple of videos on it and I'm seeing how it can have some value. It gives more reference points, or at least more concrete ones than half ball, quarter ball, etc. Especially when the center of the cue ball is aimed to the side of the object ball, a reference point on the ball itself can be nice. It's just very non-intuitive for me to juggle aiming points on both the cue and object ball, more offset here, less there, then the other way around. Aiming with the ghost ball system and maybe cutting a little more to account for throw makes perfect sense to me, even if the points of reference are not as easy to pick up accurately. For me to look at a shot and think that's x degrees, I need to offset my cue to the inside and aim the center of my cue at this point on the object ball, then pivot, etc., I can't remember that. I definitely need to spend more time on it, and it can be very accurate, but I shoot best when I just see the ball, see the pocket line and make the cue ball contact the object ball opposite the pocket.

Garczar is like hemorrhoid, big pain in butt. He works so hard on be a pain, how he get tired soon or find a real cause to do some good.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Chris' 'system' is his own variation. Has nothing to do with Stan's method really. I use parts of CTE, mostly starting every shot at CTE. I don't go thru the same pivot deal as pure Stan CTE. I'm really more of a CP-to-CP drop down to parallel aimer. CTE for me is just a good starting point. Balls go in. For me that's good.

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask PJ to give you a direct answer about how much time he spent trying CTE on the table