CTE - SP's (sight points?) / SL's (sight lines?)

Submerge

So I went back through the New Truth Series videos, specifically the shot videos.

Does this look correct? Anyone have anything to add? Can someone clarify where to SP30 aim point actually is? Is it just center to edge?

15 degree
AL
CB-Edge to A/C

PX
Inside CB-1/4 to OB-Center

SL
CB-Center to OB-Outside 1/4

View attachment 616824

30 degree
AL
CB-Edge to B

PX
Inside CB 1/4 to Outside OB 1/4

SL
CCB to SP30

View attachment 616825

45 degree
AL
CB-Edge to C

Px
Inside CB 1/4 to outside OB edge (1/16th inside to center)

SL
Half inch from outside CB edge

View attachment 616826
As the below post said, all the lines must be parallel including those going through the balls. It's all about center cue ball, and where that center actually is for each situation, which are known in CTE as perspectives.

I used to be pretty good with the ghost ball method. Then took up pool again 40 years later. No joy at all at the table. So I watched all the Truth series videos, then got the book. I started the process about 8 months ago and have stuck with it. Slow but sure. Now I'm making most of the shots with ease.

You must engrain the process in your mind. For Stan's CTE Pro One method, you first determine a "perception" for the shot (i.e. one of 5 possible (15, 30, 45, 60, edge to edge). Then you line the shot up BASED ON THE PERCEPTION, not your subjective feel. It's weird at first. When you are in full stance you don't even have to look at the pocket. And after the last glance at the OB, I'm looking at my target: center cue ball. But you gotta watch the videos and read the book over and over depending on how fast it "clicks" with you.

In the end it's all about learning to master at least the 15, 30 completely, then play position so you don't have any thinner cuts. It's really two parts though. Setting up and knowing where exactly to hit for pocketing the ball in the center of the pocket, and then having the stroke fundamentals that make that happen.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As the below post said, all the lines must be parallel including those going through the balls. It's all about center cue ball, and where that center actually is for each situation, which are known in CTE as perspectives.

I used to be pretty good with the ghost ball method. Then took up pool again 40 years later. No joy at all at the table. So I watched all the Truth series videos, then got the book. I started the process about 8 months ago and have stuck with it. Slow but sure. Now I'm making most of the shots with ease.

You must engrain the process in your mind. For Stan's CTE Pro One method, you first determine a "perception" for the shot (i.e. one of 5 possible (15, 30, 45, 60, edge to edge). Then you line the shot up BASED ON THE PERCEPTION, not your subjective feel. It's weird at first. When you are in full stance you don't even have to look at the pocket. And after the last glance at the OB, I'm looking at my target: center cue ball. But you gotta watch the videos and read the book over and over depending on how fast it "clicks" with you.

In the end it's all about learning to master at least the 15, 30 completely, then play position so you don't have any thinner cuts. It's really two parts though. Setting up and knowing where exactly to hit for pocketing the ball in the center of the pocket, and then having the stroke fundamentals that make that happen.
The perceptions were different before the book. Two different sets of perceptions yet the method still "works." Logic says what stays the same is the brains ability to pocket balls if that is the objective. If it worked it wouldn't take 8 months of sticktoitness to start pocketing balls. There are other methods far more objective that work within 5 minutes.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
For Stan's CTE Pro One method, you first determine a "perception" for the shot (i.e. one of 5 possible (15, 30, 45, 60, edge to edge). Then you line the shot up BASED ON THE PERCEPTION, not your subjective feel.
You're saying (whether you know it or not) that only 5 cut angles are needed to make every shot in pool.

I guess that's progress toward reality - Hal Houle used to say only 3 were needed.

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're saying (whether you know it or not) that only 5 cut angles are needed to make every shot in pool.

I guess that's progress toward reality - Hal Houle used to say only 3 were needed.

pj
chgo
Perceptions, not cut angles. Huge difference.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell that to Submerge...

Or did you mean to say that "perceptions" are just the starting places for figuring out the cut angles?

pj
chgo
Just see you assuming 15,30,45 and 60 meaning cut angles. They are lines through the object ball used in perceptions. You know all this but can’t except it. Why keep up the fight instead of just letting people learn what they want to learn? You’ve acknowledged that you have no desire to learn CTE Just let it go.
I never think in terms of cut angles when using CTE.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell that to Submerge...

Or did you mean to say that "perceptions" are just the starting places for figuring out the cut angles?

pj
chgo
Man I thought this shit was done for a while.

On perceptions, You only need one:

You are fully prepared and will not fail.

One more thing, poster boy Tyler has forgotten to aim numerous times before applying CTE; missing of course. Method won't do the pool for you.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo
I think Submerge knows he really isn't saying that at all, and so do you, in fact, neither does Stan.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell that to Submerge...

pj
chgo
why don't you just leave what he said as he said it instead of twisting it into something else?

Cut angles are irrelevent if you know the correct perception,,,,,,,,,,,

There, that gives you an Dan something to think about for a few more years.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just see you assuming 15,30,45 and 60 meaning cut angles. They are lines through the object ball used in perceptions. You know all this but can’t except it. Why keep up the fight instead of just letting people learn what they want to learn? You’ve acknowledged that you have no desire to learn CTE Just let it go.
I never think in terms of cut angles when using CTE.
DING DING DING. This is a great post, exactly what I thought 5 years ago when I quit arguing this same point with the same 3 or 4 guys, yet they still refuse to try it for themselves, or want to argue somehow that using 2 objects to aim at 1 object is somehow not objective.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...they still refuse to try it for themselves, or want to argue somehow that using 2 objects to aim at 1 object is somehow not objective.
Another common indication that CTE users don't understand the topic. Using "objects" in your aiming method (like every aiming method does) doesn't make your aiming method "objective". That's the word that's least understood by CTE users (even less than "works").

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another common indication that CTE users don't understand the topic. Using "objects" in your aiming method (like every aiming method does) doesn't make your aiming method "objective". That's the word that's least understood by CTE users (even less than "works").

pj
chgo
So what iyo would make an aiming system objective?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Is lining up to a defined center cue ball objective?
If it's "defined" objectively - and if "lining up to it" means sighting along the line you want it to go.

Again, simply "using objects" doesn't do it - it's how you use them.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's "defined" objectively - and if "lining up to it" means sighting along the line you want it to go.

Again, simply "using objects" doesn't do it - it's how you use them.

pj
chgo
And that is exactly what we believe CTE does. Gives us defined lines that lead to a defined center cue ball that we shoot through to make balls. So we can now finally put this discussion to a rest, Thank You.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo
the goal is to aim at center cueball, every shot, what is not objective about that?