Cue Finish ...

Facundus Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really liked everything about the brite tone except the alcohol problem. I also had one that I put in a customers hands and after about a year it had a severe black tint to the whole cue that I am about 100% sure it picked up from the interior of his case here is a link to what 70% isopropyl does to it

JC

Coos Cues
I really liked everything about the brite tone except the alcohol problem. I also had one that I put in a customers hands and after about a year it had a severe black tint to the whole cue that I am about 100% sure it picked up from the interior of his case here is a link to what 70% isopropyl does to it
It's odd because crystalac to this day denies that alcohol does this to their cured finish but who you gonna believe? Them or your lying eyes?

Yes it's a tough decision but I feel as long as you let your customers know if they clean it with alcohol it's on them. Plus it's not catastophic they can be rebuffed out after melting the surface pretty quickly.

tomatoetom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's odd because crystalac to this day denies that alcohol does this to their cured finish but who you gonna believe? Them or your lying eyes?

Yes it's a tough decision but I feel as long as you let your customers know if they clean it with alcohol it's on them. Plus it's not catastophic they can be rebuffed out after melting the surface pretty quickly. What is your total thickness of epoxy before you put Brite Tone on? Thanks

tomatoetom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes it's a tough decision but I feel as long as you let your customers know if they clean it with alcohol it's on them. Plus it's not catastophic they can be rebuffed out after melting the surface pretty quickly.
What is your total thickness of epoxy before you put the Brite Tone on? Thanks

tomatoetom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brite Tone will likely be my choice forever.

I have done visual tests with clear coat cues next to Brite Tone and thus far no one can tell that one is shinier.

The alcohol thing is a little worrisome but I explain to people not to use it to clean the cue and why. No trouble thus far.

Here is a video I made on my finishing frustrations earlier this year. Brite Tone was a big part of my answer, your mileage may vary.

Do you have a video of you sanding out the Brite Tone finish?