Cue maker signatures

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I see. Have you ever hit with a Predator LE Willie? I haven't been able to find any reviews.
Most of the Pred butts are decals or light inlays, there's no special construction difference between the LE and other models.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the Pred butts are decals or light inlays, there's no special construction difference between the LE and other models.
What's a 'light inlay'? Predator 4pt cues are mostly short-splice just like most other 4pt. cues. AFAIK Pred. does not make decal cues unlike Players and other lower-end imports.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
What's a 'light inlay'? Predator 4pt cues are mostly short-splice just like most other 4pt. cues. AFAIK Pred. does not make decal cues unlike Players and other lower-end imports.
They are not spliced, the points are 1/16" deep in the wood, inlaid by a CNC

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right. Most 4pt cues these days are made same way. My point was that Preds. cues are as well made, if not better, than a lot of so-called customs.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You're right. Most 4pt cues these days are made same way. My point was that Preds. cues are as well made, if not better, than a lot of so-called customs.

I don't disagree with that, they typically have a great fit and finish

crazy8legs

Registered
I really like some logos but really hate signatures. I play darts too. A lot of the pro player model darts have their signatures. I don't want another person's signature on my stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HyperioN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my favorites.... Zylr

Attachments

• c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 111

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a cue that's currently for sale:

hall_cue.jpeg

I can't believe anyone would do something like that to a cue. On the other hand, it's only $225.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand the need to authenticate a cue, but we are in modern times now, so why not use a microchip imbedded in the forearm or butt? Does anyone do this?

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand the need to authenticate a cue, but we are in modern times now, so why not use a microchip imbedded in the forearm or butt? Does anyone do this?

What’s the fun in that? Artists sign their work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
At first I wasn't sure. What is ugly and what is not is always highly subjective. As many have shown already, some cue makers have a pleasing way of signing, while some should rethink there signature or come up with a symbol or logo. CNC is clean and exact which can look nice.

A painter signs their paintings and for many of us we consider cues like a piece of art work. I would concede the fact that a painter does not write their name in the middle of the painting, so maybe signing the butt cap or some other less conspicuous spot might be better. I don't mind my Pechauers being signed since it is rather subtle. I also think it is cool they are actually signed by hand, even though they are not "custom" cues.

IMG_7598.JPEG

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
At first I wasn't sure. What is ugly and what is not is always highly subjective. As many have shown already, some cue makers have a pleasing way of signing, while some should rethink there signature or come up with a symbol or logo. CNC is clean and exact which can look nice.

A painter signs their paintings and for many of us we consider cues like a piece of art work. I would concede the fact that a painter does not write their name in the middle of the painting, so maybe signing the butt cap or some other less conspicuous spot might be better. I don't mind my Pechauers being signed since it is rather subtle. I also think it is cool they are actually signed by hand, even though they are not "custom" cues.

View attachment 574146
This is so much nicer than a fat point marker where the letters have to be huge or illegible