Cue Tech Pool School - a Review

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spent the past 3 days in Pool School with Randy Goettlicher and Scott Lee. This was a traveling version of the one that Randy holds in his school in Dallas TX. This one was in Diamond Billiards in Midlothian VA, just outside of Richmond. Nothing like 9 or 10 hours a day of Pool to brighten your outlook on everything! There were 9 of us in the class as well as 3 instructor candidates and I can tell you, it will change your game for the better! Doesn't matter what your skill level is, it will make you a better pool player and the things that you learn more than pay for the class.

I invested the $625 in myself because I want to get better at this game that I've been playing for 40 years. 3 days, and I already see a difference and the best is yet to come.

The course involves a half day of myth busting followed by video taping and critiquing of your stroke. There is class room theory followed by time at an individual table to detail your own process and template for success. Randy and Scott do not teach a one size fits all; they recognize that we are all different and need to do things differently. They also recognize there are several things that are absolutely true about a pool stroke and they teach those to everyone to include in your game. You still get to make it yours though and that may be the best part of the class.

The last 2 days are spent detailing, honing and polishing the process and template that is yours to make it the best it can be for you. And it is yours because you create it. You get to determine which things work for you and which don't and decide what you're going to keep and what you're going to throw away.

Warning - if you don't like to do drills, are bored with learning things one tiny piece at a time, don't want to make a time investment. along with the money, in getting better and won't work to incorporate what you learn then this course isn't for you. Seriously, you'd be throwing your money away because there is no magic wand. I was a trainer for 12 years and their training techniques are exemplary, best I've ever seen. But, they can only help you to help yourself and that's where most of us fail.

I'm looking forward to the next 2-3 weeks of practice as I continue to cement my new process into my game and to future successes as a result. I'm 51 years old, playing the best I've played in my life (before the class) and believe that my personal best isn't even close yet. And I have a way to get there and it's exciting as hell!

Thanks to Randy and Scott for a great class. I look forwad to your next trip through the Old Dominion and the Master Class.

Brian in VA

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Brian,
Great review of the class! You have summed everything up very well. That investment you made is about what a nice pool cue would cost, and you have something that will actually help you improve your game. How great is that!!!!
Randy and Scott are two great instructors. I always enjoy working with them. We will be holding the pool school again in Charlotte this September. For anyone who missed the opportunity in Richmond, there is still a chance. One weekend that can honestly change the way you play for life. What a deal!!!
Steve

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent review of pool class. I had a lessons from Scott and thought the exact same thing. My game is really starting to grow and it is due to the influx of knowledge and the only thing slowing me down is lack of time to execute the practice routines.

What I really like about the knowledge I recieved from Scott and then later from Stan Shuffett (similiar type of class) is how much more aware I have became of what I am doing at the table.

What Scott taught he had a way to train that specific part so I could bring it into my game so I would have it when I practice and then when I compete.

The metrics on stroke basics, how to review the stroke after the shot SPF -FREEZE 4321 really bring it together.

I like the professional approach Scott took and the quality of the manual.

Excellent teacher, will try to get to a 3 dayer at some time in the future.

Would love to work with Randy.

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
elvicash said:
Excellent review of pool class. I had a lessons from Scott and thought the exact same thing. My game is really starting to grow and it is due to the influx of knowledge and the only thing slowing me down is lack of time to execute the practice routines.

What I really like about the knowledge I recieved from Scott and then later from Stan Shuffett (similiar type of class) is how much more aware I have became of what I am doing at the table.

What Scott taught he had a way to train that specific part so I could bring it into my game so I would have it when I practice and then when I compete.

The metrics on stroke basics, how to review the stroke after the shot SPF -FREEZE 4321 really bring it together.

I like the professional approach Scott took and the quality of the manual.

Excellent teacher, will try to get to a 3 dayer at some time in the future.

Would love to work with Randy.
I had 3 lessons with Scott prior to this and I actually think it helped me in the class. There is so much information to assimilate that your brain begins to fill up. Having had a start on some of it over the past 3 years or so made it easier.

Randy and Scott play off each other beautifully and when you combine 70 years on the road, between them, the stories add to the joy of the class.

Brian in VA

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
Good for you.

It takes a lot of courage to do what you and everyone else that has gone to this school. You have to be willing to invest in yourself and recognize that to get better you will need to make changes. I went to Cue Tech at Randy's school in Dallas and it was the best investment I have ever made in my game. I just wish I would have done it 20 years ago. Now you know what SFP, RAD, SAM and the mother drills are all about. "Don't hit a bucket of balls, just hit 20 perfect shots" and "always leave the practice sessions hungry for more".

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Stated!

Brian in VA said:
Spent the past 3 days in Pool School with Randy Goettlicher and Scott Lee. This was a traveling version of the one that Randy holds in his school in Dallas TX. This one was in Diamond Billiards in Midlothian VA, just outside of Richmond. Nothing like 9 or 10 hours a day of Pool to brighten your outlook on everything! There were 9 of us in the class as well as 3 instructor candidates and I can tell you, it will change your game for the better! Doesn't matter what your skill level is, it will make you a better pool player and the things that you learn more than pay for the class.

I invested the $625 in myself because I want to get better at this game that I've been playing for 40 years. 3 days, and I already see a difference and the best is yet to come.

The course involves a half day of myth busting followed by video taping and critiquing of your stroke. There is class room theory followed by time at an individual table to detail your own process and template for success. Randy and Scott do not teach a one size fits all; they recognize that we are all different and need to do things differently. They also recognize there are several things that are absolutely true about a pool stroke and they teach those to everyone to include in your game. You still get to make it yours though and that may be the best part of the class.

The last 2 days are spent detailing, honing and polishing the process and template that is yours to make it the best it can be for you. And it is yours because you create it. You get to determine which things work for you and which don't and decide what you're going to keep and what you're going to throw away.

Warning - if you don't like to do drills, are bored with learning things one tiny piece at a time, don't want to make a time investment. along with the money, in getting better and won't work to incorporate what you learn then this course isn't for you. Seriously, you'd be throwing your money away because there is no magic wand. I was a trainer for 12 years and their training techniques are exemplary, best I've ever seen. But, they can only help you to help yourself and that's where most of us fail.

I'm looking forward to the next 2-3 weeks of practice as I continue to cement my new process into my game and to future successes as a result. I'm 51 years old, playing the best I've played in my life (before the class) and believe that my personal best isn't even close yet. And I have a way to get there and it's exciting as hell!

Thanks to Randy and Scott for a great class. I look forwad to your next trip through the Old Dominion and the Master Class.

Brian in VA

Hi Brian, I think I was 54 when I attended Randy's school and it was beneficial for sure. Do not be suprised at how hard it is to absourb all that you just learned. I found it took me longer than I expected to ingrain all the info that I received and to correct my stroke.
Good Luck!
Dan