Cue Tip preferences

Biloxi69

Registered
Greetings,
Just curious what is the preferred tips and hardness for straight rail and 3C. I installed tips at a local carom club and supply their cue needs. Most of them don’t have any clue on what tips to use when I ask them. They tell me put a good tip on. I have a few that request Kamui Black because they were told it’s the best.

Thanks in advance.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I use triangle for everything pool and Carom. Plays perfect for me never a compliant.
Never leaves nasty glue spots in the balls like every layered tip, is what I love best about the triangle tip.but I'm a stickler about that for my own balls.
It's Cheap and very little to any maintenance.
That's my opinion.

Biloxi69

Registered
Triangle would be an easy and cheap install. I’ll put one on my cue and try it out for straight rail.

Biloxi69

Registered
I play mostly straight rail and using a soft tip. I realized that tip hardness can vary from brands. I have a guy who is pretty good at 3C and I put on a few medium tips on and he now prefer a soft for 3C. These are Kamui Black Clear. I guess you hit them long enough they will become hard in time.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are ways to measure how hard or soft a tip is. I know a cue repairman who had a "durometer". He said that the label on the box of tips was only a rough guess and the hardness of the tips in the box had a lot of variation. He separated them out into bins according to the actual hardness. He was talking about rather expensive layered tips.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I ran a 26 on straight rail yesterday with my two yr old triangle tip on my players pool cue.
Just have to decide for yourself what you like and use it. As I said ion the other thread, the more I play the less I worry about cue specs/ details, and more on improving my cueing.

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
26 is a nice run Texas Carom Club. I usually use le pro tips but I think I will try out the triangle tips next time I need a retip.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I ran a 26 on straight rail yesterday with my two yr old triangle tip on my players pool cue.
Just have to decide for yourself what you like and use it. As I said ion the other thread, the more I play the less I worry about cue specs/ details, and more on improving my cueing.

Example of Skill over Equipment.

Difference between Players SP, and 20k Black Bore?

$19,900.00.😃

alexhlee

Resource Humans
I just installed Caudron Black M and they are fanastic! The M feels a bit hard but it chalks like a champ! I used to use Kamui tips but they're too soft for me.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
usually the most important way to improve
jmho
icbw