Cue work @ VF Expo 2007

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
Who would be the best person to go to to get a nice black leather wrap done looking for a lizard print? Maybe a joint change on another cue. I'm also going to need have some shaft work done - cleaning & retipping several. Thanks

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
cue work

sounds like you have more to do than should be done at the show. D&D are very good but any of the cue makers do repairs at their shops. If you are determined to have these things done get there early on thursday so you are first in line. the leather wrap don't forget the tiger stacked leather wrap. www.tigerproducts.com

shoot well and shoot often

Last edited:

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
Jeeves said:
sounds like you have more to do than should be done at the show. D&D are very good but any of the cue makers do repairs at their shops. If you are determined to have these things done get there early on thursday so you are first in line. the leather wrap don't forget the tiger stacked leather wrap. www.tigerproducts.com

shoot well and shoot often

At the very least I'd want to get the wrap done. I don't want to send that cue out into the shipping world again if I it can be avoided. The joint work I'm going to have to send out and I've got a line on that. I'd like to get the three shafts I need cleaned and retipped done there though. I think that's a more managable list. Thanks for the info.

Pizza Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mickey:

Ted Harris usually has a booth set-up on the top floor. He is certainly capable of handling your repairs/enhancements. Sometimes Gene Isaacs (a room-owner from Newark, DE, and a really good guy) helps him out. If Ted is there, I'd give him a shot.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
people could pm me too. I wouldn't want to start any cue repairer flame feud. lol thanks again.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the leather wrap I suggest booth L15. Steve Lomax is very good at leather. The joint is a shop job as it requires a refinish.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for tips , shaft cleaning, etc... guylassey, joe blackburn are the two best that i have ever used. im sure others are good also, but these two have been set up at most big tourneys for the last 15 years and i have used them both and would have to see someone better to believe it. my.02

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
metal5d said:
Phillippi does good work too. They usually have a booth setup.
Phillippi wont do leather wraps or any i believe there but they do good shaft work.I went to Tiger last year to have a leather wrap done and they did a great job.:)

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Tiger will be there!

HouseMan said:
Who would be the best person to go to to get a nice black leather wrap done looking for a lizard print? Maybe a joint change on another cue. I'm also going to need have some shaft work done - cleaning & retipping several. Thanks

Many of the repair folk at the Super Billiards Expo will do a fine job, but if you want Tiger to do it, we'll be there too! :D

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Blackburn was at the Expo last year, however, as of now, he is not on the list for this year. If he ends up going, he is the one you want to visit. He does great work.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
jayburger said:
for tips , shaft cleaning, etc... guylassey, joe blackburn are the two best that i have ever used. im sure others are good also, but these two have been set up at most big tourneys for the last 15 years and i have used them both and would have to see someone better to believe it. my.02
Joe will be in booth L15. He and Steve Lomax are partners.

Chris Byrne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand not wanting to ship a cue but why not send it to a cuemaker for repairs and pick them up at the show. Then the work can be done in their shop with their regular equipment and supplies and they will have a month to do the work. Chris.