Cuemaker wont ship my cue

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will check this off as being my first lesson learned in dealing with the pool cue repair industry. G
next time...Proficient Billiards...pay a little more and get your cue back pretty quickly.
Seyberts is very good also depending on what you're having done.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
next time...Proficient Billiards...pay a little more and get your cue back pretty quickly.
I would be willing to bet that Scott was cheaper than the cue maker he sent it to....Scott's work is amazing but if it is a higher end cue you might want the original maker to do the the refinish....ROGER ALLEN HAS HAD MY CUE FOR A REFINISH FOR OVER 5 years....the excuses ARE ALL OVER THE BOARD....WISH I WOULD OF USED SCOTT FOR THAT JOB...I AM NOT EVEN SURE IF I WILL EVER GET THAT CUE BACK....I GUESS IT IS OK I AM ONLY OUT ABOUT 600...

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would be willing to bet that Scott was cheaper than the cue maker he sent it to....Scott's work is amazing but if it is a higher end cue you might want the original maker to do the the refinish....ROGER ALLEN HAS HAD MY CUE FOR A REFINISH FOR OVER 5 years....the excuses ARE ALL OVER THE BOARD....WISH I WOULD OF USED SCOTT FOR THAT JOB...I AM NOT EVEN SURE IF I WILL EVER GET THAT CUE BACK....I GUESS IT IS OK I AM ONLY OUT ABOUT 600...

600 is no joke.
I was having work done once and I called the cue maker to return the cue regardless of what state is in. Said I'd gladly pay for whatever he did so far but kindly return my cue. Suddenly the cue was finished a week later.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
600 is no joke.
I was having work done once and I called the cue maker to return the cue regardless of what state is in. Said I'd gladly pay for whatever he did so far but kindly return my cue. Suddenly the cue was finished a week later.

I did the MAIN SIN... PAID UP FRONT FOR THE WORK....I guess it isn't chump change but not worth it to me to do anything drastic...he knows what he has done and he has to live with the fact that he is and has screwed me over for such a long time...ps he just lives 45 minutes from me...

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, The cuemaker stated on Monday that the cue is done again. It was going out Tuesday. He asked me to text him my address because his old phone broke. I havent received a shipping number so all I can do is hope it went out. Im sure it went out this time because the other 5 times didnt seem to work very well. Either way my faith in the human race has dropped a notched. I will check this off as being my first lesson learned in dealing with the pool cue repair industry. G

And after having an experience this poor, you still won't give us a name so we don't end up falling victim to the same treatment by this person?

I don't understand why you don't want others to learn from your experience.

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member

Now I feel worst I've had 7K invested in my Searing cue plus about $2K I sent for refinished, rewrap, new shafts. So total $9K and I came to think Ill never get the cue back :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Who did you send yours to Timothy.

And after having an experience this poor, you still won't give us a name so we don't end up falling victim to the same treatment by this person?

I don't understand why you don't want others to learn from your experience.

I agree. At this point in your own time and also in this thread, it would seem that it was done rather prematurely.

So someone else might end up being screwed at some point in the future.

I will also add Ryan of Rat Cues from Muellar's, regarding a Refinish. He did a Predator for me, very reasonable priced. So much that I was shocked when Ryan sent me the Bill. It also included a new wrap.

Myself or anyone else wouldn't have been able to tell as to whether the cue wasn't fresh off the rack.

The other thing that Ryan is well known for. His restorations that he has done. I have seen some Before and After pictures. Absolute Magic.

This obviously includes a restore of an Antique Cue along with cues that have been very badly broken. I figured when I saw a few pictures that these cues next stop was in a Dumpster.

Last edited:

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I feel worst I've had 7K invested in my Searing cue plus about $2K I sent for refinished, rewrap, new shafts. So total $9K and I came to think Ill never get the cue back :(

Wow..
I've seen you post Dennis Searings name on several occasions on this thread, and nobody says anything.. Crazy..

I feel bad for you, I really do..
Good Luck..

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow..

I've seen you post Dennis Searings name on several occasions on this thread, and nobody says anything.. Crazy..

Good Luck..

Too much nuthuggers of him here on AZ, lol

lucky1974

Registered
Ryan isn't without fault either. I contacted him to build a cue, he quoted a price. Which was agreeable. I asked him to call me to close out the details. I waited, emailed again. Still no call. Went to another cuemaker.

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
You say it's a 7K cue, and you sent him 2K cash upfront for shafts, and a refinish?

Yes thats the main issue, shouldnt have paid him upfront. Thats why he wont do the work since he already got the money.

SplicedPoints

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Searing

I will never buy a Searing in the future.

Not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things.

He doesn't care because there are too many people with their hands joined around his nuts. He will continue to show up in cue shows like a rock star with groupies hoping for him to care about them. He will continue to only service the select few chosen ones on conditions and schedules he deem appropriate.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
He doesn't care because there are too many people with their hands joined around his nuts. He will continue to show up in cue shows like a rock star with groupies hoping for him to care about them. He will continue to only service the select few chosen ones on conditions and schedules he deem appropriate.

Good to be King I suppose. But when a person does reach that level of recognition in Life, it is a Good, or Humble thing to not forget about your Roots, or beginnings.

I have never paid much attention to Dennis after I saw 2 Conversions go for well over 3 K.

I don't really care who touched the cue or what type of shafts are on it, there is no Conversion, at least in my mind that is worth anything close.

I may be tempted to pay 3 K for a cue that Elvis played with, but that is about it.

Altho, people have said that his Shafts are close to Magic.

A Player in town has a Searing, paid $1700.00 for the cue. At that time, that money was close to being worth what it would be as a cue price today.

Crazy or very wealthy to spend $1700.00 on a cue at that time.

Last edited:

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow..

Good Luck..

Of course no one says anything.

People here are predictable and greedy as hell. They'll jump down the throats of the Varneys and the Wheats of the world. But Dennis?!? THE Dennis Searing?!?! When it comes to someone like that, they all think: "No way man!!! I'm not saying sh!t!!! I'm on that list and I want to get MY cue someday!"

Timothy's thread is almost a year old and he STILL doesn't have his cue back OR his $9k? That's ridiculous.