Cuemaker

buska95

Registered
Can anyone tell me about a cuemaker from the Baltimore area, johnny slavateni I may be a bit off on the name spelling. He was to have worked for Tim Scruggs. Looking for info on his cues

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me about a cuemaker from the Baltimore area, johnny slavateni I may be a bit off on the name spelling. He was to have worked for Tim Scruggs. Looking for info on his cues

John Slavotinek was working in the Scruggs shop with Mike Cochran in the early to mid 90's. He left around 1996 for a job with a tool company. This is the first I have heard of him since then (assuming you and I are talking about the same person).

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Buska LOL

Balabushka

Bushka You forgot the H

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering why, if you want a Baltimore area cue maker with ties to Scruggs, you don't want to have a Bob Frey cue? He's established, with a great rep. And no multi year bullshit, the cue is in the mail wait.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Just wondering why, if you want a Baltimore area cue maker with ties to Scruggs, you don't want to have a Bob Frey cue? He's established, with a great rep. And no multi year bullshit, the cue is in the mail wait.

Because he wants to know about THIS guy! Who said he wants to buy a cue? And if he does, who would have a shorter waiting list- my guess is the guy nobody has heard of in 20 years:grin-square:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because he wants to know about THIS guy! Who said he wants to buy a cue? And if he does, who would have a shorter waiting list- my guess is the guy nobody has heard of in 20 years:grin-square:

Jason, I was really surprised when I heard about this guy. It's been awhile but I don't recall ever even hearing about this guy. I remember Timmy came in the pool room often and I remember Mike ( rip ) but I'm drawing a blank on this guy. Do you remember him at all?

I'll definitely second the comment about Frey though!!!! ��

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jason, I was really surprised when I heard about this guy. It's been awhile but I don't recall ever even hearing about this guy. I remember Timmy came in the pool room often and I remember Mike ( rip ) but I'm drawing a blank on this guy. Do you remember him at all?

I'll definitely second the comment about Frey though!!!! ��

There's bound to be some locals that can answer this. It's a waiting game now

buska95

Registered
Still waiting for someone to respond who knows about the person I asked about. I don't need your opinions of people I could care less about. AND you definitely need to keep out of the conversation if you don't know aNutting about JS who at one time worked for Tim Scruggs and is or was a Cuemaker. Thanks Buska95

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I was really surprised when I heard about this guy. It's been awhile but I don't recall ever even hearing about this guy. I remember Timmy came in the pool room often and I remember Mike ( rip ) but I'm drawing a blank on this guy. Do you remember him at all?

Big hint. A lot of the sneaky petes that are quite valued from TS were built by John. It was sort of his forte.

All the best,
WW

buska95

Registered
Thank you I was curious. I have a very serious cue made by John and I was wondering about its source. It is definitely worth coming out of that shop.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ran into a dide that has one, a stahdjisnudors

Attachments

• 1479606175606-1716768527.jpg
    1479606175606-1716768527.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 516