Cuemakers HOF -R-

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Jerry R

I just received my new "playin" cue from
Mr R. We had a little misunderstanding (my fault)
about the construction but settled it to the
satisfaction of both of us. My new cue is super
and Jerry is great guy to work with.

I wholly support his induction into the HOF.

Good Luck Jerry !!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess I feel I need to make this post because I can't tell how serious some of the posters are.

I'm not trying to be mean or insulting, but I'm sure i'll come off that way. Please take a look at the list of both the ACA and the ICA HoF. The two organizations choose their HoF members using different criteria. Each member of either HoF fully deserves to be there.

Then take a look at other names that aren't on the list. I'm sorry folks but there are entirely too many names (dozens) to consider for either HoF before we get to Jerry -R- . And I would hope he isn't insulted by my saying that.

http://cuemakers.org/hall-of-fame.php

http://www.internationalcuemakers.com/?page=halloffame

I do not vote for either of these HoF's nor am I any kind of affiliate, so my opinions are mine and mine alone. But my opinion is that it would be a travesty and injustice to many of the cuemakers who built the foundation of modern cue building if they weren't voted in prior.

So, the 360 inspirations are quite exhilarating. And Jerry Rauenzahn is impressing a lot of people with his work. But let's keep it real and in perspective else the whole idea of a HoF gets muddy.

Freddie <~~~ everyone has one, so there's mine

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks

I guess I feel I need to make this post because I can't tell how serious some of the posters are.

I'm not trying to be mean or insulting, but I'm sure i'll come off that way. Please take a look at the list of both the ACA and the ICA HoF. The two organizations choose their HoF members using different criteria. Each member of either HoF fully deserves to be there.

Then take a look at other names that aren't on the list. I'm sorry folks but there are entirely too many names (dozens) to consider for either HoF before we get to Jerry -R- . And I would hope he isn't insulted by my saying that.

http://cuemakers.org/hall-of-fame.php

http://www.internationalcuemakers.com/?page=halloffame

I do not vote for either of these HoF's nor am I any kind of affiliate, so my opinions are mine and mine alone. But my opinion is that it would be a travesty and injustice to many of the cuemakers who built the foundation of modern cue building if they weren't voted in prior.

So, the 360 inspirations are quite exhilarating. And Jerry Rauenzahn is impressing a lot of people with his work. But let's keep it real and in perspective else the whole idea of a HoF gets muddy.

Freddie <~~~ everyone has one, so there's mine

Your opinion is respected as are you as a respected AZ member...no worries!

Frank

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-R- Cues

Jerry makes a heck of a cue. He was building cues when Gus was building them and not to long ago he started making his own full splice blanks (and darn good ones). Jerry also is one of the best cue makers about having a cue done when he says it will be done. I have had 2 cues made by Jerry and I found no fault with them they played well and were done without flaw. Granted they were plane cues but they played well. I do not know if Jerry has shared any of his knowledge with other makers but after 40 years of building cues Id imagine he has. If for no other reason longivity should be a factor.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

After watching this thread for a while and wanting to say basically the same thing I am glad somebody else did first. I was concerned about how such an opinion might be received.