Cuemakers Taking Orders

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious who are some good cuemakers taking orders to have a cue within a year or two? Wanting to add to the collection

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea how long his wait is these days, but Randy Mobley took my order, made my cue exactly how we discussed and finished right on time. Zero drama.
You can place orders with any of them. Who knows you might actually get a cue some day. It will certainly not be what you ordered or something will be screwed up with it. I’ll never do it again. If the cue is not on the table in front of me for get it.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick Howard.

I have had good luck with Tascarella, I would give him a call too. His prices are not cheap (but not crazy), but I have had him do a few and never had any issues at all.

Ken

xX-Wizard-Xx

North Demon Cues! Most people only know how great they look, more should know how great they play too.
What makes them play any better then a well made full splice cue for 900 bucks or so. In my opinion probably not really much ... Just a bunch of fancy inlays with a large price tag ... Which in the grand scheme of things is a waste of cash ... Experience and knowledge ... That is the deciding factor

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember that a cue maker with a waiting list is seldom because his cue workmanship is questionable or sub par.
Simple cue designs are easier to accommodate and speed up versus more elaborate or intricate pool cue designs.
Lastly, check a cue maker’s references as best you can before placing an order. Don’t be in a rush to order your cue.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Steve Lomax made two cues for me. Both delivered on time, as promised.

Mike Lambros makes a great cue as well. A longer wait but a quality product.

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For your timeframe amd high end builders, Bob Owen builds a fantastic cue and has a great turnaround. I'd second Tascarella as another excellent option as well, particularly for such a well known builder. My experience with Paul Drexler was great too.
For mid level cues that receive high praise, you might consider Mike Webb, Coos cues, and Ryan Theewan. I'm sure there are a number of others that post regularly on the forum and receive high praise but these are top of mind.
I've always enjoyed my experiences with custom cue builders and cherish their cues. Just remember to be polite, patient, and check in occasionally.
Good luck!