Curious and Just For Fun

lucasi1

Registered
With all the shots, frames, and matches recorded over time, we have seen almost everything. Century breaks and 147's that were amazing. I am curious as to what the lowest score ever posted to a table run. I suppose 15 reds plus 15 yellows and remaining colors would total 72 points. The exact opposite to a 147. Has anyone ever done this, either in practice or out of spite in a tournament? Needless to say, it would be most difficult.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I was told that Kirk Clouthier (former Canadian Champ) has done it in practice. I never saw it, but from what I heard about his game, he was capable.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
With all the shots, frames, and matches recorded over time, we have seen almost everything. Century breaks and 147's that were amazing. I am curious as to what the lowest score ever posted to a table run. I suppose 15 reds plus 15 yellows and remaining colors would total 72 points. The exact opposite to a 147. Has anyone ever done this, either in practice or out of spite in a tournament? Needless to say, it would be most difficult.
The lowest possible total clearance is 15 reds in one shot followed by yellow, yellow, etc. which is 44 (edit, 15+2+27).

There was a very low total points game -- maybe the record in pro play -- in which I think Ronnie was one of the players. Of course if it is not a clearance the total if played through black might only be 41. Recently I think there was a game with a total around 180. And the lowest total with a permitted concession is 23 unless I slipped a decimal (again).

Last edited:

lucasi1

Registered
Thanks for your response. My intent was for the talent and ability to pocket the reds and colors one at a time, much like normal. I understand multiple reds may be made in one shot thereby reducing total run points. I am confused by one thing. If all reds are made in a single shot, wouldn’t your score be 15. If so, then yellow and colors would add up to 44. Is this not correct or am I missing something?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't have to make any color after the last red. Then there are only 27 pts left.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't have to make any color after the last red. Then there are only 27 pts left.
In fact you are required to nominate a color after potting the last red and if you pot it, it respots.

I corrected the lowest possible total clearance above to 44.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One doesn't have to pot the ball , they can miss it!
Maybe a color, any color, is "on" after the last red and it respots and then colors in order?