Custom Gold Crown Light

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lights look incredible! You mention blue and white, what parts will be white? Have you decided on difussers or how you will handle that?

Can't wait to see them painted.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It should look great.

I was thinking about doing it to my light, but I'm not sure.
The tangerine orange is a little loud. Just curious, what do you think? I have extra paint.

I painted mine gold to match my table. Id say no more obnoxious than the table itself. But we clearly all love our original GCs!

Attachments

• smalllight.jpg
    smalllight.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lights look incredible! You mention blue and white, what parts will be white? Have you decided on difussers or how you will handle that?

Can't wait to see them painted.

Thanks!

The sides and top will be blue. The diffuser frame, inner sides and inside top will be white.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice work! I have a question: do you have a maximum weight target for this? It looks to me like it could be quite heavy.

jv

Bare fixture weighs in at 75 pounds and should weigh in the neighborhood of 100-105 pounds painted and loaded.

Last edited:

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bare fixture weighs in at 75 pounds and should weight in the neighborhood of 100-105 pounds painted and loaded.

Wow, that's about what the Brunswick GC lights weigh.

It looks great ! I can't wait to see it finished.

I thought the light you made for your other table was excellent too!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's up!!

Shout out to Pocket for giving me a hand tonight in wiring and hanging the light. It's all mocked up and looks pretty good, I'm very pleased with the results. I'll get to priming and painting once the table is setup which should be Sunday or Monday.

49568363241_01ac87c168_b.jpg

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks amazing!! Seriously, you should be proud of the work you and your father in law did. I’m blown away.

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shout out to Pocket for giving me a hand tonight in wiring and hanging the light. It's all mocked up and looks pretty good, I'm very pleased with the results. I'll get to priming and painting once the table is setup which should be Sunday or Monday.

That light look sooo good !!

As for the cloth, I see you went with Simonis two tone turf, it's the slowest cloth available.

I had it on my table for a while, till I finished installing my anyway:D

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
As for the cloth, I see you went with Simonis two tone turf, it's the slowest cloth available.

Yeah it’s slow, but it lasts a long time. And if you are on the outs with the wife, it’s much more comfortable to sleep on than that thin old 860!
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That light look sooo good !!

Thanks!

Yup, I went with Simonis 2600HHRR; guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man that does look fabulous! You got me thinking about making one. I have some 3/4” walnut that is collecting dust, so I might as well put it to good use.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man that does look fabulous! You got me thinking about making one. I have some 3/4” walnut that is collecting dust, so I might as well put it to good use.

Thanks!

IMO, walnut would be waaaaay too heavy.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First stages of prep on my light. I hope to have some or all primed by the end of the weekend.

light.jpg