Cyclop vs Aramith

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are examples all over our glorious world, about how we are our own worst enemies sometines.

Just coz we dont know something does not make the thing 'wrong'.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Witnesseth...

My granddaughter has a Facebook page...

Have you ever spoke to anyone who claimed to represent Cyclop?

I have attempted to contact them so they could come on here and represent themselves. That's right no reply.

So once again, anyone who represents Cyclop, preferably an owner, come on here and let's talk, I have a few questions to ask you.

I'm still waiting...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cant speak to the business'position.

Might be a no ticket/ no laundry matter though?

I have attempted to contact them so they could come on here and represent themselves. That's right no reply.

So once again, anyone who represents Cyclop, preferably an owner, come on here and let's talk, I have a few questions to ask you.

I'm still waiting...

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cant speak to the business'position.

Might be a no ticket/ no laundry matter though?

Well, here are some facts...

1) Cyclop made and sold defective cue balls.

2) Cyclop never put out a public recall. They never made any statement and no press release was ever made regarding the defective balls.

3) We have no way of knowing how many defective balls were made and where they are today.

I have respect for stand up people and organizations. Cyclop, based on their actions, or inactions, are anything but stand up.

Many companies make mistakes, nobody is perfect, and that in it's self is not the problem, the problem is Cyclop's total lack of taking responsibility and putting the matter to rest.

So, that leaves us where we are today. Every time we look down at a rack of Cyclop balls, or a Cyclop cue ball, we have to wonder are these some of the defective ones?

And that my friend is bullshit of the highest order.

Cyclop needs to come forth and confirm that they have recalled all defective product and they have been destroyed. Problem solved, and I would have no problem with them.

To this day that has not happened.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm still waiting...

Have you tried the below? BTW, I'm not sure but I think some folks called Diamond Billiards represent them in the US.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 3.44.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 3.44.50 PM.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 203

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of an odd thing to crusade for, but do it up. it benefits us all.

We've all got a little don quixote in us, i guess!
Well, here are some facts...

1) Cyclop made and sold defective cue balls.

2) Cyclop never put out a public recall. They never made any statement and no press release was ever made regarding the defective balls.

3) We have no way of knowing how many defective balls were made and where they are today.

I have respect for stand up people and organizations. Cyclop, based on their actions, or inactions, are anything but stand up.

Many companies make mistakes, nobody is perfect, and that in it's self is not the problem, the problem is Cyclop's total lack of taking responsibility and putting the matter to rest.

So, that leaves us where we are today. Every time we look down at a rack of Cyclop balls, or a Cyclop cue ball, we have to wonder are these some of the defective ones?

And that my friend is bullshit of the highest order.

Cyclop needs to come forth and confirm that they have recalled all defective product and they have been destroyed. Problem solved, and I would have no problem with them.

To this day that has not happened.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I would go with Aramith. Cyclop tend to crack in a commercial environment. I own a 14 table pool hall with Cyclops provided by Diamond. Seven of the 1-Balls and one 2-Ball developed cracks and a chip came off of one of those. I’ve been waiting 3 months for replacements. On a positive note they still look new after 3 1/2 years ... except for the cracks.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would go with Aramith. Cyclop tend to crack in a commercial environment. I own a 14 table pool hall with Cyclops provided by Diamond. Seven of the 1-Balls and one 2-Ball developed cracks and a chip came off of one of those. I’ve been waiting 3 months for replacements. On a positive note they still look new after 3 1/2 years ... except for the cracks.
So, is this your current mission for mankind?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same rant in 7 or 8 different threads, I've lost count.

Lou Figueroa
wouldn't hold my breath
for those replacement balls, lol

Yeah... From working a lot with product liability issues, there's always something odd about things... When something odd happens.

It would be interesting to know if it is actually a manufacturing defect, or if there is some influence from their room that is making it happen.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah. It’s working too ��

Haha...I feel ya.

It isnt how we are used to balls acting.

That said, it wouldn't be unreasonable for the manufacturer/ distributor to take a position such as: you have owned the balls long enough to rule out a negligent manufacturing. Neither maker nor distributor have knowledge of or control over the use or conditions of use and cannot provide unconditional warranties.

It is a tried and true way to ensure they aren't bothered by those pesky return customers and their troublesome money.

(Sorry to hear about your balls)