Cyclop vs Aramith

lumberman

Registered
We only use Aramith Balls in our production. We cut some used Cyclops Balls in half & there were some bubbles, Bubbles cause breakage & that can't be permitted. I'm not a fan of their colors

Did you cut the Aramith balls in half as well for a comparison?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
"Once Aramith balls get dirty once it's a never ending job cleaning them. They are always dirty. Don't understand the science of why the cyclop balls stay clean but they do. @ 600 fargo I don't shoot any better or worse with either unless they are dirty, which is always with Aramith.

I bought three sets of cyclop. A regular, a skittle and a tv set. Then I sold my three sets of aramith after cleaning them up. A centennial, a centennial TV and a Pro cup.

I miss them less than my first ex wife. Will stick with Cyclop to the end of time unlike her."

JC

I said something similar earlier in this thread but I like the way you put it.
I have Centennials and Pros and it is a battle for me to keep them clean. As soon as I start hitting them the chalk, smudges and other marks start showing up and with in an hour these marks start causing problems. My Cyclop set play much longer between cleanings.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best way to keep your Aramith balls clean (and all named balls) no matter which set you have is to simply wipe the cue ball off at the start of each new rack (all chalk marks with a small microfiber towel) or whenever it falls into one of your pockets/returns - because there is a lot of chalk/dust etc in those places most forget to clean. Less chalk on the cue ball, less skids and other issues.

~ K.

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Lumberman, We've been cutting Aramith Balls for 15 years... We do have a new Model that doesn't require that operation any more

Attachments

• a NEW Brak 3.JPG
    a NEW Brak 3.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 255

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Once Aramith balls get dirty once it's a never ending job cleaning them. They are always dirty. Don't understand the science of why the cyclop balls stay clean but they do. @ 600 fargo I don't shoot any better or worse with either unless they are dirty, which is always with Aramith.

I bought three sets of cyclop. A regular, a skittle and a tv set. Then I sold my three sets of aramith after cleaning them up. A centennial, a centennial TV and a Pro cup.

I miss them less than my first ex wife. Will stick with Cyclop to the end of time unlike her."

JC

I said something similar earlier in this thread but I like the way you put it.
I have Centennials and Pros and it is a battle for me to keep them clean. As soon as I start hitting them the chalk, smudges and other marks start showing up and with in an hour these marks start causing problems. My Cyclop set play much longer between cleanings.

Same here. I especially like the Cyclop set for 14.1 They stay cleaner longer so the stack keeps coming apart better longer.

Lou Figueroa

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here. I especially like the Cyclop set for 14.1 They stay cleaner longer so the stack keeps coming apart better longer.

Lou Figueroa

Just clean the Aramiths. End of problem. There, how horrible was that?

And you can make your cuts and all other shots in a normal fashion.

JC

Coos Cues

It's extremely horrible, that's how much.

Cleaning them is not the end of the problem. It's an endless loop of a problem.

Like wiping your ass with a hoop.

I love to play pool and am not in love with cleaning balls daily. I don't have enough ticks left on my clock to waste them needlessly.

Besides all the guys who claim the cyclop balls skid, etc should love them because they always need a new excuse for their poor play anyway so the balls give a built in one.

Play pool and leave clean up chores to Big Willy the janitor.

JC

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
The Super Aramith Pros I had did get dirty fairly easily, but that was with Championship 760 cloth and Master chalk.

I triple-switched to Simonis Tournament Blue cloth, Aramtih Tournaments, and Magic chalk at the same time. The balls have stayed very clean for long periods, so long as I give the table a brush about every 10 racks.

I hated the translucent Cyclops ball when I played with it. My eye had a tough time adjusting to a different surface.

I laughed out loud at the "gritty/powdery" comment posted by denwhit. Even at their worst, the SAPs never felt like that.

And I got what amounts to a confirmation from Saluc that Centennials and SAPs are the same formula.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I agree. Reading about "the finish grinding off..." SAP's was one of the wackiest things I've ever come across. Perhaps it was an auto-correct issue

~ K.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

er, why have the problem in the first place?

Lou Figueroa
less horrible

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Super Aramith Pros I had did get dirty fairly easily, but that was with Championship 760 cloth and Master chalk.

I triple-switched to Simonis Tournament Blue cloth, Aramtih Tournaments, and Magic chalk at the same time. The balls have stayed very clean for long periods, so long as I give the table a brush about every 10 racks.

I hated the translucent Cyclops ball when I played with it. My eye had a tough time adjusting to a different surface.

I laughed out loud at the "gritty/powdery" comment posted by denwhit. Even at their worst, the SAPs never felt like that.

And I got what amounts to a confirmation from Saluc that Centennials and SAPs are the same formula.

Cyclop has had a new CB for a couple of years now, they've been using it at the DCC with great success -- the zit ball.

Lou Figueroa

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Yeah, I agree. Reading about "the finish grinding off..." SAP's was one of the wackiest things I've ever come across. Perhaps it was an auto-correct issue

~ K.

Negative. Denwhit has said the same thing before.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why will no one admit to being an owner, part owner or a representative of Cyclop?

Would you buy a car with a question mark as a logo?

How come after selling defective balls Cyclop made no recall, no announcement, absolutely nothing at all.

Do you really want to support a business like this?

Cyclop, who or what ever they are, are certainly a very shady crooked armature hour out fit.

Pure scum. Forget about their balls. Look at the company, oh that's right you can't - because they are all in hiding .. LOL
Witnesseth...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 99 View Post
Why will no one admit to being an owner, part owner or a representative of Cyclop?

How come after selling defective balls Cyclop made no recall, no announcement, absolutely nothing at all.

Cyclop, who or what ever they are, are certainly a very shady crooked armature hour out fit.

Pure scum. Forget about their balls. Look at the company, oh that's right you can't - because they are all in hiding .. LOL

Witnesseth...

yes, yes. You're right, you're right.

Cyclop is totally undercover and in complete stealth mode. If they weren't they'd at least have a FB page... oh wait, lol:

https://www.facebook.com/Cyclop-Pool-Balls-1000084433383924/

Lou Figueroa
wow they even
list contact info

JC

Coos Cues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 99 View Post

yes, yes. You're right, you're right.

Cyclop is totally undercover and in complete stealth mode. If they weren't they'd at least have a FB page... oh wait, lol:

https://www.facebook.com/Cyclop-Pool-Balls-1000084433383924/

Lou Figueroa
wow they even
list contact info

Well there you have it folks. These people are scum of the earth because they hide their true identity from the public all the while pretending to be legitimate.

Thank god this was brought to light by the well known and respected ever reliable public consumer advocate "Agent 99"

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

JC