Dale Perry cue review

Player Rick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my suspicions about what happened to DP cues, I posted my assumption in another thread. I have however purchased 2 DP's in my life. The first was 10 years ago as a gift for the (then) wife. She was new to pool, we had joined a league and I really didn't like sharing my old Schon. It was much more ornate than his current lineup, speared points, inlay on inlay. Overall workmanship was good. I was happy with the cue, and the $340 I paid for it. I didn't care for the feel of the hit, (not bad, but definitely no Schon), or the taper, but she really liked it. More recently I purchased one of his $100 cues for my wall. I thought a few low priced cues on my wall for guest use was better than a bunch of 1 piece house cues.

I don't like it at all. Inlays aren't smooth or even straight, the hit just isn't right, rough finish, the taper still sucks, but it is a pretty addition to my wall.

Not a bad starter cue, but for the money there are several production cues out there for the same price, many of which will make a better break cue when the owner decides to upgrade.

Lexicologist71

Rabid Schuler fanatic
Silver Member
I have purchased a total of 3 DP cues. I bought them with the intent to sell. I did play with all 3 of them and looked at them closely. They all played very well and the finish was a little less than perfect, but awfully close. I really had to look hard and nitpick to find any flaws. What did I find? The SS joint collar maybe could have been buffed a little more and the bottom of the butt plate wasn't as bright as the rest of the cue. Is Dale going to sweat stuff like that for $130? No way. The curly maple he used in the cues was top notch. I buy the stuff for my own cues and I know it's expensive. For what I paid for them, I got a screaming deal. For what he is charging, you won't find anything close in performance or aesthetics.