Dale Perry.... Is he shutting down?

norest

Registered
There are no new cues up for auction. However, there is a whole lot of tooling equipment for sale.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spoke to him Yesterday and he made no mention of shutting down. I ask him about his Sneaky Pete cue he builds and told me that he could build one in about a week.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garc , Do you like Perry’s Builds. He seems to be not well thought of here on the forum.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garc , Do you like Perry’s Builds. He seems to be not well thought of here on the forum.
Best deal for the $ imo. He kinda jacked his rep when he started direct selling so cheaply. A lot of guys paid big $ for a cue and the values of these plummeted when he started Ebay'ing cues so cheap. I've owned a couple and there's a few guys at the 'hall that use them. All paid 150ish and got one great playing cue.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one from him and really liked the butt. The shaft was built nice but the wood seemed to be really soft and it dinged really easily. I sold the cue for what I paid for it. If I would have had an extra shaft laying around that would have fit it, I would have kept it.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best deal for the $ imo. He kinda jacked his rep when he started direct selling so cheaply. A lot of guys paid big $ for a cue and the values of these plummeted when he started Ebay'ing cues so cheap. I've owned a couple and there's a few guys at the 'hall that use them. All paid 150ish and got one great playing cue.
How does he sell them so cheap?
Is he using Chinese made blanks?
McDermott did the same thing with 3 of their(main models not the Chinese imports they sell) models about 10 years ago.
And this is fact that they admitted to me in an e mail when I asked.
At least they were honest about it.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott did the same thing with 3 of their(main models not the Chinese imports they sell) models about 10 years ago.
It has been a few years since I bought my one, and only, cue from him, but he told me that he made them himself (I.e., not made from Chinese blanks...).

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He invested in a lot of CNC equip. He makes the whole cue.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is a certified Cue Maker. The one I had was really nice looking. I never shot with it. Did not have it very long. But the finish was really nice. I am interested in his sneaky Pete builds. He told me he bought all the remaining blanks that Valley had. He said he sorted thru them and kept all the good ones and he cuts them to were they should be and puts one of his stage 4 shafts with it. He builds with no logo and uses a oil finish to make it look more authentic. $250 is what he sells them for. I have found a fondness for sneaky’s. The good ones seem to play get nicely

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is a certified Cue Maker. The one I had was really nice looking. I never shot with it. Did not have it very long. But the finish was really nice. I am interested in his sneaky Pete builds. He told me he bought all the remaining blanks that Valley had. He said he sorted thru them and kept all the good ones and he cuts them to were they should be and puts one of his stage 4 shafts with it. He builds with no logo and uses a oil finish to make it look more authentic. $250 is what he sells them for. I have found a fondness for sneaky’s. The good ones seem to play get nicely
The J&J sneaky for 80bux is a steal. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335988529&icep_item=282426107269

9ballscorpion

Spoke to him Yesterday and he made no mention of shutting down. I ask him about his Sneaky Pete cue he builds and told me that he could build one in about a week.

I tried one of his Sneaky cues out around 15 years ago. It was the worst hitting cue I ever played with in my life. Just horrible, in every way.

His older custom cues, from the 90's hit amazing, in my experience.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried one of his Sneaky cues out around 15 years ago. It was the worst hitting cue I ever played with in my life. Just horrible, in every way.

His older custom cues, from the 90's hit amazing, in my experience.
Thanks for the info. $250 just seems high for one of his cues. I can get a nice Meucci unmarked M1 for that price.

eddieautomatic

Temple of Pool Founder
I probably bought 35-40 DP cues on eBay over the years. No complaints. For years, I experimented with different exotic woods and buying DP cues allowed me to experiment inexpensively. I played exclusively with DP cues for several years. I sold or traded all but this one: Ebony, Tulipwood & Turquoise. NFS.
1610222993815.png

9ballscorpion

His older customs, from his Pre ebay years, were so much higher quality, in my opinion. Like Night and Day compared to his Ebay auction cues. The Ebay cues do not hit bad, but I think that any decent player would feel the difference in feel and hit, comparing one of his Ebay cues to one of his older Pre ebay customs.