Damaged Nitti Cue USPS

firemankc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Traded Nitti to Bamacues. He received it in this condition. Please take out insurance when shipping high end cues. I did not. That was the first time something has happen. On the bright side, I can get $100 back from usps, minus my $40 for shipping the cue. I'm plus $60. Please insure.
Thanks, Casey

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, that is incredible. it looks like a the ring above the wrap is not damaged so i would believe the cue is very repairable, just replace the handle. and of course the two shafts, but at least the butt looks salvageable.

guy

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is just wrong. Insured or not. When you give goods to an organization to be delivered, arriving like this is just wrong!
dave

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
OMG, i am speecless........

i always take the insurance, in fear that something like this would happen.

what a shame for this to happen to a work of art such as a Nitti of all cues...

Sorry !
Steve

how much do ya want for it ?????

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Traded Nitti to Bamacues. He received it in this condition. Please take out insurance when shipping high end cues. I did not. That was the first time something has happen. On the bright side, I can get $100 back from usps, minus my $40 for shipping the cue. I'm plus $60. Please insure.
Thanks, Casey

Sorry for your loss, I know you are sick.

Now is a good time to remind everyone who is shipping USPS to do two things differently than you did in this case. First, insure the cue for full value, as you have already advised. The next thing is to double box ( round tube inside a triangle box is the method I use) the cue. When you got to collect thousands of dollars, they will deny your claim unless the cue was double boxed. They will also require proof of value or bill of sale, which you can obtain form the maker, or some of the cue dealers here. With those guidelines followed, you will be made whole by the USPS, and FedEX or UPS, for that matter.

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Casey

Too bad,

I always ship cues in a PVC tube and alot of bubble wrap then put that inside of a padded box. I have not had one broken yet. Sorry for your loss,that was a nice looking cue.

sileighty_guru

5A Grade Wood Pecker
Silver Member
the quality of the USPS seems to have gone down greatly lately! Mason sent me a cue priority and it took 6 days to get it! I sent one to a buyer priority in PA from ME, about a 6 hour drive and it took 11 days to get to him we were both quite concerned! Starting using UPS from then on!

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same thing

Same thing happened to me with an OB shaft. The bend was almost in the same place. Royce from OB replaced it. That was top shelf

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Only one way to ship cues:

INSURED for full replacement value.

This happens sometimes with ALL carriers --- it's why they sell insurance.

And I always pack the cue inside a hard round sealed tube, then put that tube inside of the USPS triangle box. Safe and secure, for just a couple dollars more.

Live and learn.

Oh, sorry for your loss. What a waste!

-von

Last edited:

9BallKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok

Ok guys this serves as an example....

The best way to ship cues is in a PVC Tube it don't cost much at all and it can never cause a cue to be damaged in shipping

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I'm sorry for your loss Casey. I refuse to use the Post Office to ship custom cues. I'm including a picture of a USPS shipping tube that an 8 point Mottey cue arrived in and I just knew that the cue was damaged, but I was very lucky because the cue was packed well and it was OK. The picture doesn't show the whole box, but the box was bent also along with a hole torn in it. I had another cue destroyed by the Post Office, but it wasn't a real expensive cue. I don't know what the problem is, but i'll never use the post office to ship a nice cue.

James

IMG_1368a.jpg

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG! My heart goes out to you man. This is nothing short of horrendous! What a shame and monetary loss....I often under-insure, will think twice next time.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
:eek:Man what did they do throw a concrete block on top of it or run over it with the truck.:scratchhead:

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:eek:Man what did they do throw a concrete block on top of it or run over it with the truck.:scratchhead:

Looks like both! :eek:

So sorry to the OP. That's just awful. Forget USPS; go FedEx or UPS.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a mess!

Looks like this was not done by a person.What happens to parcels is they are put on a conveyer belt and by any stretch of bad luck it gets jammed coming down it just starts bending in half and this happens.Unless its in a stainless steel box this would still happen.More eyes should be watching at these postal places.But I guess it goes back to the old saying"If it's not mine who cares".Hope you get back as much as possible!:eek:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I use USPS Shipping Triangles, and inside the Triangles. I wrap the Cue in Baby Flannel, then put the Cue inside a PVC PIPE, and the PVC goes inside the Triangle. USPS Priority Mail is wonderful. I pack like the Cue is going to war.

Honestly give the USPS Credit, as how many package do they handle daily with NO DAMAGE!!!!! MILLIONS!!!!!!