Danny Harriman vs. Shane McMinn 12/18/21 Clash at the Colosseum Day 1

I wanted to pass along one of the matches we had for our Table Titan Streams Clash at the Colosseum a little over a week ago, this was the end of day 1 where Danny Harriman took on Shane McMinn, race to 9 playing 9 ball. Lag starts at the 10 min 30 sec mark if you want to fast fw ahead. Good to see Danny back playing rotation at a high level, really good play here with Danny starting off running 3-4 racks. Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season, enjoy!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to pass along one of the matches we had for our Table Titan Streams Clash at the Colosseum a little over a week ago, this was the end of day 1 where Danny Harriman took on Shane McMinn, race to 9 playing 9 ball. Lag starts at the 10 min 30 sec mark if you want to fast fw ahead. Good to see Danny back playing rotation at a high level, really good play here with Danny starting off running 3-4 racks. Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season, enjoy!

where was this?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Danny has always been a heck of a player. I enjoyed watching him play at the U.S. 9-ball Open every year, back in the 1990s.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Danny looked good! He was breaking open handed and shot with a lot of confidence. Looks like Ye ol Springfield Rifle is back. 😂

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Being as non-judgmental as possible:

Having read quite a bit of the 626 thread, I can see that Danny is an eccentric dude, and that’s fine by me. I have no opinion either way about that discussion. But I’ve seen a couple of interviews with him, and watching this video, it’s really difficult to match his online personality, particularly the way he communicates, not necessarily the message, with what I’ve seen of him in vids.

Hell of a player.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Having read quite a bit of the 626 thread, I can see that Danny is an eccentric dude, and that’s fine by me. I have no opinion either way about that discussion. But I’ve seen a couple of interviews with him, and watching this video, it’s really difficult to match his online personality, particularly the way he communicates, not necessarily the message, with what I’ve seen of him in vids.

Hell of a player.
He could probably benefit from buying one of those shaft cleaning accessories you have. Might relax him a bit. :)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hell of a player.
An to top it off, I seriously think he doesn't- and may never have- used drugs...and that might extend to alcohol too. Living clean intentionally, you know?

Near top-level player, if he wants to be.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
An to top it off, I seriously think he doesn't- and may never have- used drugs...and that might extend to alcohol too. Living clean intentionally, you know?

Near top-level player, if he wants to be.
I just went and watched some of his matches on YouTube, and based on what I’ve seen, he’d be such a great ambassador for the sport; he’s handsome, dresses well, conducts himself well, plays lights out, looks like he stays fit. Then he posts stuff like this:

This is not accurate - now yer tryin to call me a liar - bad move table mech. So continue to spit yer venom - if u so wish - I have a special stick for squirmy snakes like u - as I am begin to no u better now. Let me double clear 4 u - Do Not insinuate that I am fibbing - when I say that I would accept this elusive charlie williams/poor schmidt 626 claim as a new record - if he and his coward production teem' would prove what they are promoting to the Public in unedited disc form - it would be genuine - I would purchase a copy - after I heard it past the graph test. If u don't believe it then u just don't know me at all - yer better off squirmin around under a table - than debating 14.1 adjudication wit me - re mamba' what I say pool table mukeanik.

Again, it’s not the message, it’s the way he writes. I just can’t reconcile the above with what I’ve seen of him in interviews and his matches. It kind of reminds me of the videos I’ve been posting, where I’m slowing developing this character who wants to help people but has no idea what he’s talking about. It’s nothing like me in real life. I’d love to actually meet him and see what he’s really like.

gerryf

... it’s really difficult to match his online personality, particularly the way he communicates, not necessarily the message, with what I’ve seen of him in vids.
The same difficulty occurs when you compare Danny Harriman's posts from years ago with his recent posts...

Example from 2007
... I have watched John's recording of his run and he makes it look easy, what a great champion he is. I thought maybe I will make a commentary of my little 156 if anyone would be interested pM me back and I might get a hacker to show me how to display it here on the computer.
Your's truly, Danny Harriman (Bob Jewett's 14.1 challenge Champ)

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I just went and watched some of his matches on YouTube, and based on what I’ve seen, he’d be such a great ambassador for the sport; he’s handsome, dresses well, conducts himself well, plays lights out, looks like he stays fit. Then he posts stuff like this:

Again, it’s not the message, it’s the way he writes. I just can’t reconcile the above with what I’ve seen of him in interviews and his matches. It kind of reminds me of the videos I’ve been posting, where I’m slowing developing this character who wants to help people but has no idea what he’s talking about. It’s nothing like me in real life. I’d love to actually meet him and see what he’s really like.

welcome to the party pal, yer only a few yrs late , no worries.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member