Darkening spots on new simonis

chriss2020

Hi,

I just had new Simonis 860 slate grey cloth installed on a new GCVI table. I noticed this more prominent dark spot on the cloth after 2 days. There are 1 or 2 other spots but much less prominent. Any thoughts on what may have caused it or how to remove it.

A microfiber cloth dampened with warm water didn't do much.

Attachments

• PXL_20220822_221738941.MP_2_adobe_express.jpeg
    PXL_20220822_221738941.MP_2_adobe_express.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 82

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd try some Brakleen on a microfiber cloth and dab it on the Simonis. It will evaporate pretty quick and should remove it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I just had new Simonis 860 slate grey cloth installed on a new GCVI table. I noticed this more prominent dark spot on the cloth after 2 days. There are 1 or 2 other spots but much less prominent. Any thoughts on what may have caused it or how to remove it.

Get used to this unless you're planning on keeping cleanroom-like conditions. The light colored cloths(TB or grey) show ANY little smudge. Could easily be just grease from food on fingers or maybe something on installers hand.

MarrsBar

Doubt it's the same issue, but I just put new 860 on the other day and also started to notice black smudges. Turns out it was the leather (or whatever it is) material on the palm of the predator glove rubbing off if I slid my hand slightly. Never saw this on my previous cloth, which was also 860, just a different color.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

chriss2020

Thanks all! Maybe I'll install a hand washing station :). I at least wash my hands, but my kids on the other hand... I was just surprised to see it in such short time.

I tried a dilute woolite mixture with no luck. I'll try brakleen on a piece of test cloth next. I'll report back.

Dartman

Silver Member
Hi,

Was the bed cloth glued down or stapled?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks all! Maybe I'll install a hand washing station :). I at least wash my hands, but my kids on the other hand... I was just surprised to see it in such short time.

I tried a dilute woolite mixture with no luck. I'll try brakleen on a piece of test cloth next. I'll report back.
Move the light around and pay attention to the Black spots!!!